Sponsored

Sponsored

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Congratulations ......and its a 6 speed MANual transmission. Look into the thread: "the CLUTCH Gang" and introduce yourself. only about 5% of jeeps have a MAN pedal which makes you and your jeep part of an exclusive "Clutch Gang group. Looking forward to hearing from you. NICE Rubicon.

Mandrivnyk

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Congratulations ......and its a 6 speed MANual transmission. Look into the thread: "the CLUTCH Gang" and introduce yourself. only about 5% of jeeps have a MAN pedal which makes you and your jeep part of an exclusive "Clutch Gang group. Looking forward to hearing from you. NICE Rubicon.
Thanks, I will. How did you figure out it was a manual? Unless I posted this somewhere? Curious if there is a tell from the exterior?

jimmyzwheelz

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon 2DR
Here's some of my thoughts on my 2dr JL vs. My 2012 JK Rubicon that I also own.
The noise is much less, it's quieter on the highway, much the same way my JK was quieter than my TJ that I had.
It appears to me to be a little loose on the steering in a high wind, i.e. the Rubicon has some movement to it, more so than the JK I think, but the JL has bigger tires on it, so that might be it.
Acceleration is good, but I don't gun my jeep, so its similar to the JK
The clutch reminds me a lot of the TJ vs. the JK, I'm not sure why but it seems like each gear has a large range of RPM before shifting is needed. My JK feels a little tighter, i.e. feels like the gears are tighter. Don't get me wrong I love the JL gears, but it's definitely different than the JK
No doors or roof off yet, I have limited space to store the top and doors, so it may be some time before I do that
Mileage coming back during the breakin period was an incredible 28mph, and that's 25-55mph max...usually around 45-50mph. That was driving through the Arkansas hills back to the plains of the Midwest.
The welds appear from what I can tell to be ok, granted I'm not an auto / welder expert. I can see them, and they appear straight to me,

Overall I'm very impressed with the JL, the radio is a learning experience, there's one million plus buttons and features to figure out.
The start / stop feature is very annoying to me, and I turn it off each time I get in.
Last thought, I drove back at times during heavy rain, and for whatever reason the JL wipers do not clear heavy rain well at all, I had to slow down because I couldn't see!! Granted on my JK I've been using Rain X fluid for years, so maybe that's it, but this is something I've never had happen on my JK...hopefully Rain X will solve this on the JL.

Hopefully everybody gets their 18 very soon!
Treating the windshield with Rain X is the first "mod" I always do on my vehicles! :)

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Thanks, I will. How did you figure out it was a manual? Unless I posted this somewhere? Curious if there is a tell from the exterior?
You posted photos of your jeep when you first started this thread. One of the photos clearly shows the MAN ual transmission stick.
Sponsored