My 1st Post and my 1st Jeep just ordered 6.5% off invoice on 2019

Scottseesyou

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep JK
That is a very good deal. I got 5.5% under invoice. I did not have the extra 1% from tread lightly discount.
I worked so hard for deal like this.
Can you tell me how much you got off the MSRP?
Sponsored

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Hello everyone I wanted to make my first post after being on this forum for the last several months. The input and insight the members have provided me has lead me to my 1st Jeep purchase and could not thank you all enough for having such a passion for sharing information.

I just order a 2019 Rubicon Unlimited from Farrish Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Fairfax VA. I have been dealing with Floyd who has been amazing at keeping me posted on 2019 order banks pricing any questions I had etc.. I ordered the Sting Gray with the following accessories. Infotainment, Color Matching Hard Top, Color Fenders, Cold weather Group, LED's, Auto trans & cloth seats. I was able to get a deal I am very excited with which is 5.5% off invoice plus an additional 1% off with Tread Lightly program for a total of 6.5% off invoice. I would highly recommend anyone shopping for aggressive pricing to reach out to Floyd.

Wanted to thank everyone again as this would not have been possible without the knowledge of others on this forum. Looking forward to being a member of the Jeep community.

In no way do I have any affiliation with this dealer as I am from NY and was laughed at when asked about discounts up here at my local dealers
Sat down for a few mins with a salesman while waiting for my vehicle at the service center in Staten Island, and all he did was keep asking me "Why would anyone sell for 5% below invoice?" over and over again, like he was baffled.

OP
OP
NYJeepFan

NYJeepFan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Sat down for a few mins with a salesman while waiting for my vehicle at the service center in Staten Island, and all he did was keep asking me "Why would anyone sell for 5% below invoice?" over and over again, like he was baffled.
Yes they are clueless out here at least the ones I have dealt with and not just with pricing but overall general knowledge about Jeeps it amazes me how half these folks are even in sales.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I just order a 2019 Rubicon Unlimited from Farrish Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Fairfax VA
not for a second do I doubt, I say in a positive light, that nearby Koons in Fairfax motivated the deal you got at Farrish

How did you end up handling getting to the dealer? Did you do my (similar locale) Metro North to Grand Central Station to NYC Subway Shuttle etc. to NY Penn Station to DC, to the DC Metro?

I ordered from Koons in April and walked to the dealer from the local DC Metro.

;)

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Can someone tell me the difference between the MSRP and the FWP? What is FWP? I am hearing 6 1/2% below invoice, so is that below the MSRP price? Trying to work a deal w a local dealer and want the correct info. TYIA

I don't know if anyone got back to on this Rick.

FWP stands for factory wholesale price, in other words Invoice Price...in other words what the dealer pays...and yet not exactly what the dealer pays....here's why.

The whole thing behind a dealer doing factory orders is about making a little money across a lot of sales (plus doing all the service if a local sale.) These volume sales are incentivized by FCA, effecting lowering the dealer's price for the rig below FWP if they sell enough.

That 6.5% is usually off Invoice sir, or FWP, not MSRP.

Sponsored

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know if anyone got back to on this Rick.

FWP stands for factory wholesale price, in other words Invoice Price...in other words what the dealer pays...and yet not exactly what the dealer pays....here's why.

The whole thing behind a dealer doing factory orders is about making a little money across a lot of sales (plus doing all the service if a local sale.) These volume sales are incentivized by FCA, effecting lowering the dealer's price for the rig below FWP if they sell enough.

That 6.5% is usually off Invoice sir, or FWP, not MSRP.
Yes, someone answered that for me. But your response is spot on, thank you for the help sir. Bringing home mine next week finally.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Is your profile photo a Morkie? I too am in Florida and looking to order this week...and have two Morkies (my profile is one). They’re gonna love cruising in the Jeep...if I can ever get a good price.
@PabloTheJeepDog

(Said in mock angry tone for satire...)

Yeah, well I got my Morkie (a have a Maltese, want it?) at 5% off invoice, you?

OP
OP
NYJeepFan

NYJeepFan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
not for a second do I doubt, I say in a positive light, that nearby Koons in Fairfax motivated the deal you got at Farrish

How did you end up handling getting to the dealer? Did you do my (similar locale) Metro North to Grand Central Station to NYC Subway Shuttle etc. to NY Penn Station to DC, to the DC Metro?

I ordered from Koons in April and walked to the dealer from the local DC Metro.

;)
Ha yes that is exactly my plan of travel. I am expected to hopefully pickup in a few days. Dealer told me today it is at the last stop prior to hitting the dealer.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Best i have been able to get is 3% off invoice in New York. What were you seeing when shopping in the area?
Hey, Alexander. I don't know if you've ordered yet, but I haven't. Suresky in Goshen, NY, is going 7% below invoice (confirmed on the recommended dealer thread), and is in NY, only about 1.5 to 2 hours away from us. That gets you the low $75 doc fee, it's easily drive-able and NYDMV should be a snap. I'm about 2-3 months away from ordering, but that's my #1 at this point. You can find the contact around here somewhere. See the map link above. I think it's [email protected]

Sponsored

Makosdad

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Ocean Blue
Hey, Alexander. I don't know if you've ordered yet, but I haven't. Suresky in Goshen, NY, is going 7% below invoice (confirmed on the recommended dealer thread), and is in NY, only about 1.5 to 2 hours away from us. That gets you the low $75 doc fee, it's easily drive-able and NYDMV should be a snap. I'm about 2-3 months away from ordering, but that's my #1 at this point. You can find the contact around here somewhere. See the map link above. I think it's [email protected]
Actually, they are doing 5% not 7% but dealing with Mike is super easy and quick, highly recommend him!

lagunajim

People are leaving out an important factor: HOLD BACK. This is money the manufacturer will pay the dealer later on. So even when/if a dealer says "I'm gonna lose money on this deal" that doesn't factor in the hold back.

Just another trick of their business. Sometimes this is referred to as "trunk money" I recall.

This posting from 2011 says Jeep's hold back is 3% of configured MSRP - so for a $40k Jeep that's an extra $1200 to the dealer.

https://www.truecar.com/blog/2011/06/27/what-is-dealer-holdback/

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Actually, they are doing 5% not 7% but dealing with Mike is super easy and quick, highly recommend him!
Yeah, just got my quote from him. Honestly, a bit disappointed. Just the 5% under, thought I saw higher here. For my build, that's $1000 more than Marco at Chriswell, even factoring in the higher fee. For $1000, I'll drive an extra 2 hours each way. 1000÷4 hours=$250 an hour to drive. No brainer.

Makosdad

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Ocean Blue
Looking for some help . . . if I purchase my new JL out of state (I live in NY), how does the sales tax work? Do I just pay the sate I buy in or do I have to also pay NY State? S one states have much lower sales tax than NY but if I need to make up the difference when I register here, it defeats the purpose
Sponsored