Sponsored

My “Service Axle Locker System” solved bad pin connection.

GPWER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2DR JL RUBICON
I have seen and read many posts on this issue leaving out critical info. First of all I never lost axle locker function just reminded often by annoying alarm. My dealer experience to correct it was less then satisfying that's being polite. Jeep and dealers clearly don't stand by their product my opinion. They had my jeep 5 days with no end in sight. I took it out of there when it couldnt be fixed in that time or they chose not to work on it. I see many questions regarding the loose wire and location I found my bad pin connection at DTCM located behind the passenger rear panel this is the interior panel, there are many videos on removal on YouTube. After removing panel if you look again passenger side below and behind the rear seat belt tension-er there are three nuts holding a steel frame with a box with 3 multi connectors going to it, it is in one of those connectors that was my issue. If you aren't sure which wires to look for check out the wiring diagram below or the forum look under axle lockers look in and verify the pin is straight and level my pin was down not very noticeable. whether you have a light on or not I recommend strongly you strip back the electrical tape due to the stress of the harness and forced turns going to the DTCM is the culprit for the misalignment of the pins. I hope this helps.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/JL-Wiring-Diagrams/AXLE-LOCKER-SYSTEM.pdf
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/JL-Wiring-Diagrams/CAN-C-BUS-LAYOUT.pdf
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
GPWER

GPWER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2DR JL RUBICON
They have not been able to fix my jeep. I am curious do you have the four-cylinder turbo or the six cylinder? I’m trying to determine if they offer me a lemon law new Jeep if this is only isolated to the four-cylinder’s
I had the 6 cylinder 2019 manual trans. I say had because other electrical paint and clutch issues left me frustrated I now own a Toyota.

OP
OP
GPWER

GPWER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2DR JL RUBICON
Loved the jeep but all of issues and warranty running left me no choice and unfortunately the people that bought it now have the problems. and replacing axles lack of support even though I would do the work myself was too costly BTW I still have 2. 2 dr manuals wife and daughter. I hope it works out for you ggod luck

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
And if this rears it’s head again it won’t be kept past the warranty and I will be going back to purchase my 3rd 4Runner. Can’t afford to be left stranded when I go down to one vehicle at retirement.
If you aren't capable of working on it yourself you have no business going somewhere that lack of 4wd would leave you stranded.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
And additional comment as I said you didn’t read what I wrote. Whether my one vehicle is a jeep, a Cadillac, a Toyota or a Honda when I am retired and I have one vehicle and it breaks and it leaves me stranded because it’s in the shop for 18 days like my jeep did; I don’t give a heck what brand it is or what the drivetrain is—- four-wheel-drive or two-wheel-drive or freaking tricycle!!!! I don’t want to be stranded at home for 18 freaking days with out my vehicle. Sounds like you think it’s acceptable to pay $60k For a new vehicle and have it sitting at the dealerships garage instead of your garage waiting to be fixed. I don’t care if my masters is in auto mechanics, it’s a new Jeep and that’s not OK by me. I paid for a new vehicle I expect that thing not to have any problems at all for the first 50 to 75,000 miles. By the way all Japanese brand cars can go to 100k without anything major letting go on the vehicle. All they need is maintenance. My jeep has been 18 days in the dealership under 90 days of ownership. That’s a problem. My 2019 Subaru with 25,000 miles on it has been less days at the dealership getting oil changes, than my Jeep getting fixed as brand new. Oh and the Japanese dealerships can get it done in a few hours not endless days turning into weeks. No I don’t want to be stranded without a car absolutely not. In the 25 years I have owned Toyota products and Subaru products only one time ever has my car been kept overnight at a Japanese car dealership for repair, it’s because the order went in too late for the day and the part was to arrive the next day. This one time it was overnight they were falling over themselves apologizing to me. I have never ever been left stranded without a car for days on end by any of the Japanese cars I have owned ever - Toyota, Nissan or Subaru. Don’t tell me I need to become a mechanic to fix a brand new vehicle that’s poor quality from day 1.
Lol