MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I got my Mopar MaxCare after the lifetime offer expired. Just did a deal with Tom today and saved $1,000 over Mopar and local dealer prices. I too purchased my Jeep out of state and it was a good deal since I only drive Jeep on weekend and I will be hard press to do 85k Miles in 7 years with ZERO deductible. I agree with many possible issue that will come up so it worth it. Let's face it if Jeep keeps coming up with new models I will get another Jeep before the terms are up.

So call 269-385-1116 or email Tom Winkels [email protected]
Sponsored

SPooN887

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Anybody have the warranty paperwork with the coverage stipulations? Bottom line: I'm trying to figure out if having the vehicle serviced at an authorized service center is a requirement for the standard warranty and/or extended warranty. If you do the services yourself at the correct intervals, is your vehicle still covered?

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Anybody have the warranty paperwork with the coverage stipulations? Bottom line: I'm trying to figure out if having the vehicle serviced at an authorized service center is a requirement for the standard warranty and/or extended warranty. If you do the services yourself at the correct intervals, is your vehicle still covered?
In the U.S., the MaxCare does not require dealer service. However, I'm not familiar with FCA Europe's policy

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Id liked to know also

SPooN887

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In the U.S., the MaxCare does not require dealer service. However, I'm not familiar with FCA Europe's policy
Thanks @SecondTJ , maybe I'm asking to be spoon-fed here but, do you happen to have a link to the terms that state that? I haven't been able to locate them.

I'm not concerned with the European particulars anyway. I'm U.S. military stationed in Europe and ordered my Jeep from the states. By the time it's set to arrive I'll only be here for another year and a half and I should be going back to the States after.

Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thanks @SecondTJ , maybe I'm asking to be spoon-fed here but, do you happen to have a link to the terms that state that? I haven't been able to locate them.
It doesn't say that it's required, only that you need to maintain it per the owners manual and keep receipts

IMG_0802.jpg

SPooN887

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It doesn't say that it's required, only that you need to maintain it per the owners manual and keep receipts

IMG_0802.jpg
Thanks! Sounds like they leave some room for interpretation by citing 'maintenance records and receipts' and

IMG_0802.jpg
Sounds like they leave some room for interpretation by citing 'maintenance records and receipts' and 'proof of maintenance'. I guess it really comes down to the location you make your warranty claim from. Thanks again, very helpful!

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Kind of hard to show receipts when your doing all the work yourself, but yeah i read that when i did my paper work as well.

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Ill make my own invoices up, whatever the dealer would put I would put the same so it shows date, service, mileage ect

Robertrinaustin

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18` JLUSS, Outback
Ill make my own invoices up, whatever the dealer would put I would put the same so it shows date, service, mileage ect
This with a dated receipt showing your purchased oil, a filter, whatever you need for maintenance will usually suffice .

Sponsored

Rcash609

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
I have been out of the loop for sometime now. I remember getting some emails about the lifetime warranty ending but honestly I thought they were scam emails just like the phone calls you get about your vehicles warranty. I never would have thought Chrysler would have done away with the lifetime warranty. To me it must mean they expect a lot of people using it and then them losing money in the long run so they ended it and went to these year plans. I called today to ask about the warranty when the rep answered the phone I mentioned I was interested in getting the lifetime warranty just to see what he would say he quickly said lifetime warrant no longer exists as of November 30th 2018. I said hmm ok what do you all offer he paused a minute and said they offer a 7 year 100,000 mile plan. I said ok what’s the price on that he stated around 3500 dollars. I said ok do you all offer anything over that he said uhhh what do you mean. I said as far as years and mileage he said no not at this time. I was frustrated even tryin to talk to this guy and just said alright I’ll look somewhere else and hung up. So my question is how much was the lifetime warranty to begin with surely it wasn’t much more than 3500 right so now they are charging about the same for less years and miles? Does anyone recommend where I can get a good warranty at a decent price ? I wish I had looked more into the lifetime warranty ending but honestly never thought they would do that.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I have been out of the loop for sometime now. I remember getting some emails about the lifetime warranty ending but honestly I thought they were scam emails just like the phone calls you get about your vehicles warranty. I never would have thought Chrysler would have done away with the lifetime warranty. To me it must mean they expect a lot of people using it and then them losing money in the long run so they ended it and went to these year plans. I called today to ask about the warranty when the rep answered the phone I mentioned I was interested in getting the lifetime warranty just to see what he would say he quickly said lifetime warrant no longer exists as of November 30th 2018. I said hmm ok what do you all offer he paused a minute and said they offer a 7 year 100,000 mile plan. I said ok what’s the price on that he stated around 3500 dollars. I said ok do you all offer anything over that he said uhhh what do you mean. I said as far as years and mileage he said no not at this time. I was frustrated even tryin to talk to this guy and just said alright I’ll look somewhere else and hung up. So my question is how much was the lifetime warranty to begin with surely it wasn’t much more than 3500 right so now they are charging about the same for less years and miles? Does anyone recommend where I can get a good warranty at a decent price ? I wish I had looked more into the lifetime warranty ending but honestly never thought they would do that.
Yeah no more Lifetime Warranty. They were probably loosing money. You have time to shop warranties. You can buy them up until 48 months/ 48K. You can do a lot better on a Mopar extended warranty by shopping around. I think there is 10 year warranty.

I'd start here...269-385-1116 or email Tom Winkels [email protected]

Rcash609

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Yeah no more Lifetime Warranty. They were probably loosing money. You have time to shop warranties. You can buy them up until 48 months/ 48K. You can do a lot better on a Mopar extended warranty by shopping around. I think there is 10 year warranty.

I'd start here...269-385-1116 or email Tom Winkels [email protected]
Thanks I just sent Tom an email. Yeah I think for some reason maybe they are anticipating a lot of issues with the new JLs during that switch over year. I got mine last March and I have 28,000 milestone on it already it’s my only vehicle and my daily driver no major issues as of yet. I had a steering issue where when turning a slight curve the wheel would want to lock up on me. Took it to the dealer and they recalibrated the steering wheel it somehow got way out of wack maybe during the software update. But it’s not been an issue since they fixed it. Other than that real pleased with the Jeep. I just was really wanting to get the lifetime warranty but it’s my own fault for not following up on things and checking it out.

Budagreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door Turbo, 2012 BMW 328i, 1999 Miata, 38' Fleetwood Expedition RV
I paid $3K Nov. 24th to Tom Winkels, knowing it was ending.
Got all the FCA paperwork in the mail 2 weeks later.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
So my question is how much was the lifetime warranty to begin with surely it wasn’t much more than 3500 right so now they are charging about the same for less years and miles? Does anyone recommend where I can get a good warranty at a decent price ?
I paid $2,850 for my Lifetime MaxCare policy from Clay

[email protected]
785-789-3940
www.robbinsmotors.com

Yeah I think for some reason maybe they are anticipating a lot of issues with the new JLs during that switch over year.
It's not just JL, the Lifetime policy was offered on all FCA vehicles. They did away with it completely as a company, not just singled out Wrangler.
Sponsored