Sponsored

MVP Lifetime Max Care Warranty no longer offered after November 30, 2018

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I paid $3300, so not great, but not bad either. Like I said, I couldn't really comparison shop due to the timing, but I didn't feel like it was too far off from what others have paid. The most miles I have put on a car was 174k, an Acura TSX (2006 maybe). When I traded that in I had no issues, had only done regular maintenance on it, but wasn't sure how much longer I could go with it. I traded that in towards a 2013 Audi A6, which I got rid of after 65k miles because it had several minor issues, and no warranty.
$3300 from your local dealer is not bad. Hopefully it is the better max care plan. Not sure if the Added Care Plus was even an option before 12/1.
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
$3300 from your local dealer is not bad. Hopefully it is the better max care plan. Not sure if the Added Care Plus was even an option before 12/1.
I think my problem with the $3300 is, its something I am buying I hope to never use. I know, it is a type of insurance, and can payoff big time, especially with electronics, that has me more worried than some of the mechanicals. I guess because in my mind there are a lot of aftermarket mechanical upgrades available, if something breaks, upgrade. I do think it was a fair price. I am glad my dealer offered it. But part of me doesn't like buying extended warranties. But it is "lifetime", on a vehicle that holds its value very well. If I had a lifetime warranty on my Audi A6, I would still have that.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I think my problem with the $3300 is, its something I am buying I hope to never use. I know, it is a type of insurance, and can payoff big time, especially with electronics, that has me more worried than some of the mechanicals. I guess because in my mind there are a lot of aftermarket mechanical upgrades available, if something breaks, upgrade. I do think it was a fair price. I am glad my dealer offered it. But part of me doesn't like buying extended warranties. But it is "lifetime", on a vehicle that holds its value very well. If I had a lifetime warranty on my Audi A6, I would still have that.
I purchased an extended warranty on my Ford Mustang and never used it once in the 18 years I owned it. 220k miles. Of couse it wasnā€™t a lifetime warranty either.

You can always cancel the warranty next week if you choose.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I purchased an extended warranty on my Ford Mustang and never used it once in the 18 years I owned it. 220k miles. Of couse it wasnā€™t a lifetime warranty either.

You can always cancel the warranty next week if you choose.
No, I won't cancel. But I would be thrilled to hit 220k with no issues.

Hyper

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 hypergreen wrangler
FCA would NOT have cancelled this if they were a huge money maker. They had assumed must buyers would get rid of the car before the warranty had to pay out too much. I hate to say this but the reliability on Chrysler products is very low compared to the Japanese cars. If you keep it at least 9 years IMO it will probably pay off. If you don't plan to keep a very long time cancel it.
Electronic parts are very expensive. Just a new OEM radio is about half of the warranty cost! IMO if you are a DIY and will modify the vehicle a lot cancel. If you are going to dealership for repairs anyway it will probably pay off in the long run.
For now enjoy the first day rentals and roadside assistance if you ever need it.both of these are only for 7 years but you can use the car rental even for maintenance or recalls.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I think they made money on it because it has been around for so long. However, I think they'll make more money on limited plans, and that's why they switched.

If you missed out, put the $3 grand in an investment and just sit on it. If you sell the vehicle early, you have a nice nest egg to do with whatever your please, or just keep it there as insurance for repairs to future vehicles. It will sit there and grow. 3 grand can cover some fairly major repairs. If I'd done that with my JK, and didn't have the lifetime warranty, it would have grown for 10 years before $3k of it would have been used for a new (reman) transmission. Actually, if I didn't have the warranty, I would have just lived with the JK gently popping out of 3rd gear two or three times per month and it would probably have lasted another 100k.

Remember, too, if you have the 3.6, you have an engine that is well known for lasting a long, long, time, reliably. Both the manual and auto transmissions are better than what they replaced. As for the Aisin manual, that's what Toyota uses. (They own 51% of Aisin), so it should go the distance. I am confident you'll see a good number of these JL's still running around at over 300,000 miles, if not beaten to hell off-road, and if well maintained.

MORubi

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JLUR, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Construction
Well Tom was super easy to work with on Friday. Even though he was slammed he got me processed for th $100 deductible lifetime MVP plan. He said this forum and others had him swamped all day. He sent a confirmation email at 8:30pm and a thank you email at 11:32 pm central time. Talk about dedication. If you are looking for an extended warranty and didn't make it in time for a lifetime warranty then I would still contact Tom Winkles! He will definitely get my business again.

LennyV

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl
For the cars that I have kept for 10 to 15 years, I never had any major mechanical issues, but I had tons of little things break, such as a rear power window not working, or heat only blowing on your feet. I never wanted to spend the money on a 12-year-old car to fix it. So I just lived with it.

My hope is that for $100 I can get these little annoying things fixed and have the peace of mind about being covered for the big things.

Lord-Maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jk
Well, I'm not too fucking Happy about it how much time did they announce it would be canceled? so I find out three days later that the Jeep I put money on Two months ago that I had custom built and to be picked Up in three more days is not eligible for the lifetime plan BULLSHIT FCA if your losing money Build Better SHIT

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Well, I'm not too fucking Happy about it how much time did they announce it would be canceled? so I find out three days later that the Jeep I put money on Two months ago that I had custom built and to be picked Up in three more days is not eligible for the lifetime plan BULLSHIT FCA if your losing money Build Better SHIT
They probably kept the lifetime cancellation quiet because FCA didnā€™t want everyone buying it at the last minute.

Now they are selling an MVP Extended renewable up to 15 years 160k miles. Was this offered before?

https://www.mopar.com/extended-car-warranty/FAQ

Sponsored

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ā€˜18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
The 15 plan is transferable. Anyone know how much it is?

Hyper

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 hypergreen wrangler
The 15 plan is transferable. Anyone know how much it is?
I looked for prices online but I can't find anything yet. Previously the longest term was eight years which I almost considered however the cost of a lifetime warranty was only about $600 more so I just bought it.
If the price of the 15 year warranty is less than the lifetime I will probably cancel my order and get that instead.

It sounds like you have to buy a certain term now and then in the future when it expires you can extend it...

Dennis Castro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Sahara
"With Mopar Vehicle Protection Extended you can take your vehicle to ANY Ford or Lincoln service center in the U.S. or Canada. Present your MVP Extended card to the Service Advisor and the dealership will be paid directly for covered repairs. All you have to do is wait for the work to be done."

seems accurate

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I looked for prices online but I can't find anything yet. Previously the longest term was eight years which I almost considered however the cost of a lifetime warranty was only about $600 more so I just bought it.
If the price of the 15 year warranty is less than the lifetime I will probably cancel my order and get that instead.

It sounds like you have to buy a certain term now and then in the future when it expires you can extend it...
Yeah, I got the impression you can purchase an extended warranty after your existing extended warranty is up. So you are buying two extended warranties!

Although itā€™s listed on the Mopar website, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if itā€™s actually a third party insurance policy given they copy and pasted ā€œFord and Lincoln service centerā€. No way anyone from FCA/Mopar made that mistake!
Sponsored