Sponsored

MVP Lifetime Max Care Warranty no longer offered after November 30, 2018

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
Guys,
Stop wasting time and just deal with Tom, best price and peace of mind that it’s legit Mopar warranty. Once Tom process your coverage, you can login to the Mopar account and it shows warranty end year as 2199 or something like that.
Sponsored

bbuck7777

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon Unlimited Turbo
I just purchased from Clay Robbins [email protected]
785 537 0357
He had the BEST price! I applied for Jeep credit card over the phone I will get $100 statement credit and zero interest on the purchase for 6 months!
Also you can verify purchase at molpar.com
I just purchased from Clay also. Was going to wait till February, but with the end as of this Friday I had to pull trigger early. Clay and Dawn made process very easy. Highly recommended.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Guys,
Stop wasting time and just deal with Tom, best price and peace of mind that it’s legit Mopar warranty. Once Tom process your coverage, you can login to the Mopar account and it shows warranty end year as 2199 or something like that.
Mine ends at 2102, how come you get 97 more years than me!

Sponsored

Budagreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door Turbo, 2012 BMW 328i, 1999 Miata, 38' Fleetwood Expedition RV
I pulled the trigger with Tom last night!
For those of us that are going to keep this the rest of or lives (I'm 65) this statement is disturbing.

IMPORTANT! The maximum benefit amount should a covered component of the Vehicle fail will be THE TOTAL COST OF THE REPAIRS PER VISIT LESS THE DEDUCTIBLE, OR THE CASH VALUE OF THE VEHICLE, WHICHEVER IS LESS! The cash value of the Vehicle will be determined at the time of the covered repair and will be the average retail value as listed in the current NADA Used Car Pricing Guide. If at any time the repair costs for covered component(s) exceed the Vehicle’s cash value, your final Plan benefit will be our payment of the Vehicle’s cash value rather than the repair costs. Plan coverage and benefits will terminate automatically and immediately pursuant to this provision and we will have no further obligations of any kind in respect to the terminated Plan.

So, if you lose an engine in 15 years they could buy you out, if the NADA is lower (thank goodness Jeeps have a great residual value!)

Budagreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door Turbo, 2012 BMW 328i, 1999 Miata, 38' Fleetwood Expedition RV
A couple of other things I'm not happy about: NONE of this could I find before purchasing the warranty...

• Hybrid components: hybrid charging system; hybrid electric cooling system; hybrid power invertor system
As a 2.0 Turbo owner, the mild-hybrid system is NOT covered! $$$$$

• High voltage battery is not covered at any time (regardless of cause of failure);
2.0 Turbo mild-hybrid battery $$$$$

• Battery and cables; any battery for a component; spark plugs and wires; lights (bulb, sealed beams, lenses); suspension alignment; wheel balancing; wiper blades; catalytic converter, particulate filter and any other exhaust system components; heat shields and exhaust hangers; throttle body cleaning; evaporator deodorizing; carbon cleaning;
LED lighting! $$$$

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
A couple of other things I'm not happy about: NONE of this could I find before purchasing the warranty...

• Hybrid components: hybrid charging system; hybrid electric cooling system; hybrid power invertor system

• High voltage battery is not covered at any time (regardless of cause of failure);

• Battery and cables; any battery for a component; spark plugs and wires; lights (bulb, sealed beams, lenses); suspension alignment; wheel balancing; wiper blades; catalytic converter, particulate filter and any other exhaust system components; heat shields and exhaust hangers; throttle body cleaning; evaporator deodorizing; carbon cleaning;
LED lighting! $$$$
Why aren’t LED lights covered? That’s not right

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase

LED lighting! $$$$
Well if you read you factory warranty information, it will tell you all the pseudo-hybrid components come with your 2.0T are covered by a 8 yr/80k miles federal mandate warranty.

Budagreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was hoping for coverage waaay down the road...

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
wow. wonder why?
Simple, they don't think they will make any money on the lifetime warranty for what they are charging. That means FCA thinks it's products will be more unreliable and will need more repairs then originally forecasted. Or they think more original owners will hold on to their products longer. The buy out clause within the warranty is interesting. They can opt to pay you the value of your vehicle instead of repairing it if the repair cost more than the vehicle at the time of repair. Most FCA products will depreciate sooner to the point where repairs will not warrant the value. They will simply buy out the value instead of do a major repair on some FCA products. Wrangler owners will do much better because of the traditionally higher resale values.

Last edited:

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Just spoke with Tom Winkels and got my lifetime.

SeanD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
Tom Winkels at Hayes Jeep is the man. He's a busy guy this week! :like:

LennyV

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl
Just got the lifetime warranty for my Jeep as well as my daughters through Tom Winkles. Thank You @kogar for posting this. I would have never thought they would get rid of lifetime maxcare.
Sponsored