Sponsored

MVP Lifetime Max Care Warranty no longer offered after November 30, 2018

baysta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
So basically, if you planned on purchasing a vehicle after 11/30, there's no way you can pay in advance, or get grandfathered in?
Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
So basically, if you planned on purchasing a vehicle after 11/30, there's no way you can pay in advance, or get grandfathered in?
Right, but you can still get 8 yr/125,000 miles warranty...Tom will still sell them at a heavy discount...

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Anyone with experience with this plan care to comment on its worthiness? I’ve had a variety of extended warranties over the years and I’ve lost money on almost all, exception being a wheel and tire coverage plan on one vehicle. I hate to spend $3k if the company doesn’t really stand behind it and finds all sorts of excuses to not cover things.

I’m not going to be a rock crawler but do plan to modify and use my JL off pavement.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Anyone with experience with this plan care to comment on its worthiness? I’ve had a variety of extended warranties over the years and I’ve lost money on almost all, exception being a wheel and tire coverage plan on one vehicle. I hate to spend $3k if the company doesn’t really stand behind it and finds all sorts of excuses to not cover things.

I’m not going to be a rock crawler but do plan to modify and use my JL off pavement.
The way I understand it, it is up to the servicing dealer. They usually are eager to help the customer, right? If you plan on keeping completely stock, have a great dealer service department you are comfortable with, or use only Mopar aftermarket mods and parts, it might be worth considering. If you left your top down one time (or dealer thinks you did), interior electronics may not be covered. Running larger than stock tires, the dealer may say the suspension or steering wasn't designed for those tires. Someone on this forum complained about their steering, but replaced their wheels/tires at 200 miles (and sold the stock stuff), he said his dealer won't troubleshoot unless its stock. Right or wrong, thats his dealer, and warranty claims would go through them.

Also keep in mind, $3k will go further at a private garage than at a dealer service department in repairs. But FCA can charge what they want for some of their parts (like the electronics). There are a lot of aftermarket/replacement mechanical parts for a Jeep, electronics (as far as I know), not as much.

Right now I do not plan on buying an extended warranty when my order comes in. It will be a second vehicle for me. I plan (for now) on keeping it close to stock for a year or two, after that, we will see.

Budagreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door Turbo, 2012 BMW 328i, 1999 Miata, 38' Fleetwood Expedition RV

Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
No they are not Mopar official website, still a 3rd party. Not saying they are not legit, but it is not Mopar.

tjrider99

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Subaru, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Ok...I just pulled the trigger using Zeigler at http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/. I used discount code PAYINFULL and the final price was $2990 and no sales tax for the Lifetime Maximum Care $100 deductible. I did it online and when you select the buy now option it gives a place to add your VIN. I called them just to make sure I was correct, very nice guys to talk to. The online form allows you to add a second owner as well.

Skipswift

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
The MOPAR website (called them to) is quoting $3090 for the $100 deductable Maxcare thru this week only.
https://www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com/get_coverage/choose_warranty/

NOTE: all scheduled maintenance must thru a FCA dealership except for engine oil changes (keep all receipts and log them in your MOPAR account)
I read the Max Care agreement. Nowhere does it say that all scheduled maintenance must be done through an FCA dealership. It says only that the insured is responsible for keeping maintenance records should proof of maintenance be necessary. Side note, it sounds like Mopar has an online portal to help you maintain these records.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I read the Max Care agreement. Nowhere does it say that all scheduled maintenance must be done through an FCA dealership. It says only that the insured is responsible for keeping maintenance records should proof of maintenance be necessary. Side note, it sounds like Mopar has an online portal to help you maintain these records.
Yeah, based on the claim from other FCA forums (Dodge, RAM, GC...) It seems it is at the discretion of the dealer. Most dealers will be cool about your maintenance thing.

zachart96

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport
Just talked to Scott at Chrysler/Jeep, he told me that the internet plans were not the actual mopar lifetime plans and that they've "been hearing about the internet for about 6 months now" said there is no way I could get this plan from someone else because the cheapest he could get it with his employee discount was $3300. I've left a VM on Tom Winkles line about 45 minutes ago but haven't heard back and I looked at the other site listed here too, it shows $3090 w/ $100 deductible. I bought the plan on a monthly payment plan through Scott at the end of October and I believe I have until 1 Dec for a full refund. Now my question is, can I cancel that one and go with Tom or ChryslerWarrantyDirect and still do a monthly payment plan? I don't really have the funds to throw down 3k right now at the moment but could pay it off in the January time frame.

Sponsored

NHJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 CJ5
Just talked to Scott at Chrysler/Jeep, he told me that the internet plans were not the actual mopar lifetime plans and that they've "been hearing about the internet for about 6 months now" said there is no way I could get this plan from someone else because the cheapest he could get it with his employee discount was $3300. I've left a VM on Tom Winkles line about 45 minutes ago but haven't heard back and I looked at the other site listed here too, it shows $3090 w/ $100 deductible. I bought the plan on a monthly payment plan through Scott at the end of October and I believe I have until 1 Dec for a full refund. Now my question is, can I cancel that one and go with Tom or ChryslerWarrantyDirect and still do a monthly payment plan? I don't really have the funds to throw down 3k right now at the moment but could pay it off in the January time frame.
After a similar discussion with Mopar a few days ago I had a nice talk with Tom. He said this happens all the time and then he walked me through going to the mopar website and entering in my plan ID#. Showed that I was already registered through Mopar with all the details of the lifetime maxcare. Completely legit.

Erimikos

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR pending assembling... 06 Mustang GT, 03 Silverado 2500HD...
The MOPAR website (called them to) is quoting $3090 for the $100 deductable Maxcare thru this week only.

NOTE: all scheduled maintenance must thru a FCA dealership except for engine oil changes (keep all receipts and log them in your MOPAR account)
AARGH!

So, this Unlimited Mileage Lifetime bumper-to-bumper warranty was a huge selling point for me purchasing this vehicle.

Seeing that it was going to disappear, I went through the ChryslerWarrantyDirect.com site and ordered it. The order went through, and they took the funds. All good there. After a few minutes of no e-mail confirmation, I called them up and was told that I am not able to purchase a warranty through them because I have not yet taken possession of the vehicle.

So.. They are refunding my money.

He did mention that there has been a good deal of talk about a possible 10 year option, or an 8 year unlimited mileage option that could be coming up... but the ability to have the full factory warranty forever was my huge selling point as I never planned to get rid of the Jeep. This has me considering cancelling the JLUR order. The same price as this Jeep is 2 brand new Subaru's that will last forever too.

Hyper

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 hypergreen wrangler

I have this on my dodge overall very happy with it. They just replaced the front axle, front brake calipers and ball joints, and a sensor. that would have cost me close to $4000!!! Bought it for my wrangler and just bought it for my Cherokee.
If you are modifying extensively I would not buy it. I believe up to a 2 inch low ft is allowed. You can see a sample l contract online.

Last edited:

Hyper

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 hypergreen wrangler

Based on my experience not true. I have had zero service at my dealership for my 2006 and they never asked for proof. I do all maintenance myself.

Hyper

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 hypergreen wrangler
I don't really have the funds to throw down 3k right now at the moment but could pay it off in the January time frame.
I just purchased from Clay Robbins [email protected]
785 537 0357
He had the BEST price! I applied for Jeep credit card over the phone I will get $100 statement credit and zero interest on the purchase for 6 months!
Also you can verify purchase at molpar.com
Sponsored