MVP Lifetime Max Care Warranty no longer offered after November 30, 2018

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
That might be the dealership tactic to get you to sign up now for the warranty. Call the Mopar Warranty Plan dept at 800-521-9922. They say they aren't discontinuing the lifetime warranty and that it will still be available.
Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
That might be the dealership tactic to get you to sign up now for the warranty. Call the Mopar Warranty Plan dept at 800-521-9922. They say they aren't discontinuing the lifetime warranty and that it will still be available.
Some kind of scam maybe just to get a surge of warranties sold?

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
wow. wonder why?
Easy: It's no longer profitable for them.

The standard warranty went from 100K powertrain to 60K powertrain, and now they're going to start taking a hard look at optional warranties too. Vehicles are getting considerably less reliable as time marches on due to fancy "infotainment" systems, ESS systems, hybrid systems, and tiny engines with turbos. It used to be a cash cow for them because vehicles would go 120,000 miles with few if any issues. Those days are long gone.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The standard warranty went from 100K powertrain to 60K powertrain, and now they're going to start taking a hard look at optional warranties too. Vehicles are getting considerably less reliable as time marches on due to fancy "infotainment" systems, ESS systems, hybrid systems, and tiny engines with turbos. It used to be a cash cow for them because vehicles would go 120,000 miles with few if any issues. Those days are long gone.
That is what I was thinking. I've been on the fence about the lifetime warranty.
But if they're losing money on the deal then obviously they are paying for more repairs, and it makes me think I should opt for it.

Thashef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Hydro Blue
Should we all pool together and try to get a deal from a dealer on these warranty before it goes out

Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure

Your noted reasons are simply a few of why I decided to get the Mopar extended lifetime warranty.

I am purchasing my JLUR out right and plan on keeping it for at least 10 years.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is confirmed. After Nov 30th no more.
I guess it's a good idea to get now.

uudog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I contacted Tom Winkles @ Hayes Jeep. He is the one person that seemed to sell these warranties the cheapest since my dealer did not want to budge on price. I thought I had 12 months (or 12k miles) to decide if I wanted to get it or not, but he confirmed that the Maxcare Lifetime Warranty will no longer be available after 11/30/18.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I contacted Tom Winkles @ Hayes Jeep. He is the one person that seemed to sell these warranties the cheapest since my dealer did not want to budge on price. I thought I had 12 months (or 12k miles) to decide if I wanted to get it or not, but he confirmed that the Maxcare Lifetime Warranty will no longer be available after 11/30/18.
Yep. I just got an email from him too.

Sponsored

uudog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep. I just got an email from him too.
He only provide me a one word answer when I asked if the rumors were true. Did he give you any additional information as to why? Or what the current price is for this warranty?

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Earlier this morning, I also received an e-mail that confirmed the end of this warranty program.

I just sent him all of my info to start the process. Per a month old e-mail, the $100.00 deductible lifetime unlimited extended warranty is $2,995.00.

uudog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earlier this morning, I also received an e-mail that confirmed the end of this warranty program.

I just sent him all of my info to start the process. Per a month old e-mail, the $100.00 deductible lifetime unlimited extended warranty is $2,995.00.

Yea, they jacked the price up since January 2018:

January 2018 (w/ $100 deductible)
Price on that date: $2665

April 3, 2018
Price increased by $80
New price on that date: $2745

October 1, 2018
Price increased by another $250
New price on that date: $2995

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
so my jeep wont be here till december, i guess im out of luck on this?
My JLUR is on a railcar, now. It is scheduled to arrived between 12/08 and 12/13. I am going to submit my request and see what happens. I’m already registered with Mopar and it recognizes my VIN.
Sponsored