Mute = Pause on SXM

MyJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Not sure if anyone else has noticed/experienced this, but sometimes when listening to a SXM station and a commercial comes on that I hate, I would mute and wait a minute hoping it has finished but when I unmute the same dang commercial is still playing. So one time is moved up and back down one station and the original station was now well past the point I had muted. Its as if the mute while playing SXM is actually acting as a PAUSE (and buffers the content in the background). My guess is this is by design so I would not miss a note or word if the reason I muted was to talk to someone. Just seems to be an odd implementation of the mute concept. Has anyone seen this anywhere else?
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Not sure if anyone else has noticed/experienced this, but sometimes when listening to a SXM station and a commercial comes on that I hate, I would mute and wait a minute hoping it has finished but when I unmute the same dang commercial is still playing. So one time is moved up and back down one station and the original station was now well past the point I had muted. Its as if the mute while playing SXM is actually acting as a PAUSE (and buffers the content in the background). My guess is this is by design so I would not miss a note or word if the reason I muted was to talk to someone. Just seems to be an odd implementation of the mute concept. Has anyone seen this anywhere else?
I have to try this. If true, that’s a great feature!