Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Purple TJ, 2021 HellaYella JLUR
Has this already started?
I just ordered a JLRU 4/27 and you had to add this - it is not a standard option on the Rubicon. I'm thinking it maybe standard on the Sahara
Sponsored

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
Does having adaptive cruise control get all wonky if you lift the Jeep?
That is a good question. My Jeep is stock and not lifted. I think I read somewhere that it can be adjusted, not sure how much the adjustment cost or how easy it is to do! Something to look into
My adaptive cruise works great on my lifted Jeep with 37's

The $600 front camera requires the $2,000 8.4” nearly useless nav system and the $1,400 gimmicky LED system. So, for $4,000, you get a bunch of questionable options that are begging to go bad. And the TESLA-like automatic cruise control for another $2,000. And this is... remember... a Jeep. Throw in the optional wheels for $1,000 and you have $7,000 in options that do ZERO towards being a better Jeep.
Get the Cold Weather and Trailer Towing packages. They are winners. Get the Full Time 4wd transfer case, and skip the leather seats. Get the $165 floor mats, though. Use the $7g for a Gobi roof rack, a RTT, refer, a good winch, a iPad w cell for GPS, and a nice gift for your wife.
I really like the NAV on my premium sound system. It has never been wrong so far it is a clear upgrade over the one from my JK. The LED light package is fantastic, great field of projection. I also love my factory steel bumpers. You can take the end caps off if you want and have them to put back on if you need them (it's required in Maryland).

I agree, get the cold weather package, it is well worth it. Get leather if you want it, I have it and it has been great. I skipped the full time 4wd, that is a lot of wear for no reason IMHO. I do regret not getting the proximity system though and are going to add that.

I also love my Hurricane 4 cyl motor. i like it better than the 6 that was in my 2017 JK with the FANTASTIC 8 speed trans.

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I'm pretty sure most people aren't buying the 8.4" screen for it's navigation capabilities, and the LEDs are anything but gimmicky.
I just finished driving 2,350 miles in 3 days (yes, about 800 miles per day) from Indiana to Nevada in a 2021 JLR. It has the nearly useless 8.4" nav system, the front camera and the gimmicky LEDs that FCA charged $4,000 for. True, the LEDs light the road with a white light, compared to the less-than white halogens on the 2018 JLU I traded in. They produce no more light and the high beams are not as effective in the pitch black desert as the halogens. The DRLs and 'ignition on' halo lights on the LED package are cute but gimmicky. The 8.4" nav/radio is still $1,800 too much for any reason.

Your opinion of my actual and recent experience seems as though you have more knowledge about this than me. As such, I must bow to your broad reaching and obviously superior wisdom. However, while bending over, my opinion is not fact just as yours isn't, though you berate mine. What does that tell us about yours?

Buckzona

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU
If you live in SoCal you may want to consider the Sky One Touch IF you don't want to deal with taking off/storing the top. We are in Scottsdale and it is so easy to use and go mostly topless. That said, I really do like the look of tops fully off better, but for us the hassle factor and lack of storage options where we live made the One Touch a great decision. Enjoy your new ride!

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I just finished driving 2,350 miles in 3 days (yes, about 800 miles per day) from Indiana to Nevada in a 2021 JLR. It has the nearly useless 8.4" nav system, the front camera and the gimmicky LEDs that FCA charged $4,000 for. True, the LEDs light the road with a white light, compared to the less-than white halogens on the 2018 JLU I traded in. They produce no more light and the high beams are not as effective in the pitch black desert as the halogens. The DRLs and 'ignition on' halo lights on the LED package are cute but gimmicky. The 8.4" nav/radio is still $1,800 too much for any reason.

Your opinion of my actual and recent experience seems as though you have more knowledge about this than me. As such, I must bow to your broad reaching and obviously superior wisdom. However, while bending over, my opinion is not fact just as yours isn't, though you berate mine. What does that tell us about yours?
lol. I agree with you on the 8.4" radio. I didn't get it. The only thing I would have liked to have is the Off-Road Pages (and I don't see a reason why it couldn't be there other than to get you to upgrade the radio). However you can get all that on the driver dash display, albeit on multiple pages, and a $400 add-on display will show it all on a single screen. I certainly wouldn't have liked the subwoofer in the cargo area floor of the 2dr. That's just dumb. How long until that starts accumulating small rocks and turns into a baby rattle?

I have to disagree with you on the LEDs tho. The light they produce is great. Although I do have a distinct distaste for "dirty" non-white light. But hey, to each their own. Their inability to melt snow is an issue though.

Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
just because you're based n California doesn't mean that's the only place you'll ever be.

plugging in in Calgary was a necessity on a couple of my trips there. the extra ~$100 for the cable is definitely worth it.

I don't think they'll see many days below -15 degrees in California that has electricity available. Sounds like a waste.

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt

I think it boils down to "YMMV" type of deal.

I traded in a 2020 JLU sport altitude 8-speed for a 2021 JLUR 6-speed (financially ridiculous but extremely happy). Among the other options I have, include the 8.4 nav system package and LED's. For me the 8.4 is a significant upgrade in safety when I'm driving as its a larger area with larger repackaged display to navigate through. The additional bump of the bass doesn't hurt either.

As for the LED's at least up here where i frequent between NJ and Maine, its been a significant upgrade with clearer "white light" , better defined beam edges and a more effective beam pattern.

That's the beauty of these rigs, you can custom them to exactly what your wants and needs are and only "you" can determine what that is.

As for me, this BOH badge was the best option I've added so far lol
Jeep Wrangler JL Must haves for JL rubicon? 20210516_171650

JeepinPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR, '95 Land Cruiser
I am generally not a fan of in car nav systems, but the JL system actually works really well when you are out of cell service. Though you can make it do silly things if you get the settings wrong.

This spring I went camping in north central PA. State forest, no cell service at all. The dirt roads through the forest were all in the on board nav system, which helped immensely to find my site and explore. Anyway, I went into town using the nav, and it was giving crazy directions. Like adding 30 minutes to the trip. Heading back to camp, it kept telling me to turn around and go back.

Long story short, in the settings is an option to avoid dirt roads, which was checked. It kept wanting to take me back to paved roads. Once I turned that setting off, it worked like one would expect.

If you do find yourself in places without cell service, it really is something to consider.

Pete

gregus73

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0, 2021 Suburban Z71
Occupation
Stuff
I would agree with the upgraded 8.4” radio. Really enjoying it.
I am also glad that I got the painted hard top and leather seats. Easy to clean.

Heated seats, and painted fenders would have been nice. But wanted to stick within a certain budget.

Bought the oem rubber floor mats and weathertech trunk liner after the fact as well.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0

Calm down, I wasn't berating your opinion.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Hey all I’m purchasing a new 2021 rubicon soon. I’m curious what packages people recommend for overlanding and road tripping. So far I want metal bumper, cold weather package, towing package (for aux buttons), and leather seats. Any other must haves?
Powered soft top
Sponsored