Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
Do you actually have these? I'm not sure I've ever come across a 2-door with them.
I have these on my 2 door - I didn’t order them but found an immaculate used pair soon after (the only mod my wife loves so she can use as a step up..she’s 5’0”).

B7B9BA39-751B-4832-AD63-F8F0F30EE5F3.jpeg
Sponsored

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Does having adaptive cruise control get all wonky if you lift the Jeep?
nope. I have the adaptive cruise, and the Rancho sport lift. It raised my Sahara 3.5" and the adaptive cruise still works perfectly.

MIchaela

First Name
Michaela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Unlimited 4DR 2021
Hey all I’m purchasing a new 2021 rubicon soon. I’m curious what packages people recommend for overlanding and road tripping. So far I want metal bumper, cold weather package, towing package (for aux buttons), and leather seats. Any other must haves?
You really must have cold weather package - yu have it, for safety definitely: safety group PLUS advanced safety group....MUST - safety is the most important and does not cost so much to have those packages, we also bought front camera, around $500 - why not...steel bumpers too expensive - get your Rubicon and order it later on, only front one if you need it..no rear one - useless, receiver hitch - order later on e.g. Mopar much less expensive unless you need some electrical wiring, side steps may be a good choice...look at Black Horse from Quadratec..good value and good quality......I hope this helps..good luck!

MIchaela

First Name
Michaela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You really must have cold weather package - yu have it, for safety definitely: safety group PLUS advanced safety group....MUST - safety is the most important and does not cost so much to have those packages, we also bought front camera, around $500 - why not...steel bumpers too expensive - get your Rubicon and order it later on, only front one if you need it..no rear one - useless, receiver hitch - order later on e.g. Mopar much less expensive unless you need some electrical wiring, side steps may be a good choice...look at Black Horse from Quadratec..good value and good quality......I hope this helps..good luck!
and forgot must have LED lightin.g..put all together and if you can negotiate well, take 6% from the total price...

MIchaela

First Name
Michaela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personally, I'd skip the leather seats. They just get really hot in the sun, and the cloth ones are good quality.
I would get the LED lights package.
Also. The proximity key may not be something you want if you decide to install a rooftop tent. If you're up in the tent, you may not be able to lock the Jeep because the keys are so close.
fully agree with leather seats, sticky in hot weather...no need...

Sponsored

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
The springs will be stiffer with any of these packages: Hard top, steel bumper, tow. So the stiffest springs you can get would be with a JLUR with all 3 of those.
If I'm not mistaken, the diesel engine being 400 pounds heavier, gets you an additional level of "stiffness" with the springs. At least in the front.

So a diesel with the tow package, hard top, and steel bumper would probably have the stiffest springs available.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
fully agree with leather seats, sticky in hot weather...no need...
Same here. They get hot in the sun in the summer, and unless they're ventilated, you get sweaty sitting in them. In the winter, they're really cold when you first get in. I've always liked cloth seats over pretty much anything else.

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
I would skip the metal bumpers option because of the cost. You can go aftermarket and get better bumpers and a better tire carrier for less money. Of course that will require you to install them yourself...... this is easy enough anyways. While I love the front bumper, the rear bumper in my opinion is sub-par at best. If you drop off a rock ledge, it will rip off your license plate mount and or even worse, it will flex up into the tub of the Jeep causing body damage.
Yes, that happened to me on my 2nd outing, ripped the plastic rear bumper half-way off. I also had to use a mallet and piece of wood to try to get a flat-looking license plate again.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
my must haves came down to what I could do easy and save money by doing aftermarket and what I couldn't...

my must haves were
8.4 w/alpine ...no brainer now that I have it after I almost skipped it, sounds amazing and the off road pages are fantastic

Leather ....just makes it such a nicer feel and look and easier to keep clean

Tow pckg....the aux package made this well worth it, plus I got some Sea Doos I need to tow

cold weather pckg....love the remote start and the auto climate adjust and heated seats and steering wheel make this another no brainer even here in So Cal

Painted fenders....looks are subjective, but to me it was a no brainer

3 piece hard top....easy choice for me

skipped the LED package as it just didn't make sense at $1465....did my own complete front end LED conversion within the first three weeks of ownership for less than $450
Jeep Wrangler JL Must haves for JL rubicon? B7B9BA39-751B-4832-AD63-F8F0F30EE5F3

Steel bumper at $1895 was also an easy no thanks when you can swap for much less money with aftermarket bumpers and have a more custom look too
If you don't mind, which LED headlights did you get and how do you like them?
I actually like my halogens but everyone is flashing me...

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
The $600 front camera requires the $2,000 8.4” nearly useless nav system and the $1,400 gimmicky LED system. So, for $4,000, you get a bunch of questionable options that are begging to go bad. And the TESLA-like automatic cruise control for another $2,000. And this is... remember... a Jeep. Throw in the optional wheels for $1,000 and you have $7,000 in options that do ZERO towards being a better Jeep.
Get the Cold Weather and Trailer Towing packages. They are winners. Get the Full Time 4wd transfer case, and skip the leather seats. Get the $165 floor mats, though. Use the $7g for a Gobi roof rack, a RTT, refer, a good winch, a iPad w cell for GPS, and a nice gift for your wife.

Sponsored

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I own a '19 JLR 2.0T eTorque automatic now with these options. My must have options are the LED headlights, heated seats and steering wheel, proximity locks, remote start, 8.4" Alpine, tow package, hard top, painted fenders.

I am going to order a 2022 JLR with the same options as my '19. Maybe not painted fenders depending on what color I go with. Do the black plastic fenders still turn gray?

I will definitely add the Gorilla Glass windshield.

There are different engine configurations now. The 2.0T is ESS and the 3.6 has eTorque now. Not sure which way I will go engine wise yet?

How useful is the front camera?

Full-time Rock-Trac is available now. What is the consensus on the full-time Rock-Trac 4x4 system?

Martial Fartist

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure most people aren't buying the 8.4" screen for it's navigation capabilities, and the LEDs are anything but gimmicky.
Yah, beyond the 8.4” which looks great there, I heard a considerable difference with the alpine upgrade vs no alpine. Was it amazing? Not really but compared to the stock system it was.

After reading tons of posts about LED lights, the stock seem like the way to go if you don’t want to mess with anything.

I’ll pay the price for convenience.
I want to do upgrades on my own but not some of these upgrades that can be done out of the factory
Sponsored