Must haves for JL rubicon?

Logan-Kn

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
Hey all I’m purchasing a new 2021 rubicon soon. I’m curious what packages people recommend for overlanding and road tripping. So far I want metal bumper, cold weather package, towing package (for aux buttons), and leather seats. Any other must haves?
Sponsored

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
If you want any sort of decent audio and don't want to upgrade via the aftermarket, get the premium audio group. Also, proximity key is a nice convenience for relatively low cost. Definitely get the led light group, so worth it.

OP
OP
Logan-Kn

Logan-Kn

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
If you want any sort of decent audio and don't want to upgrade via the aftermarket, get the premium audio group. Also, proximity key is a nice convenience for relatively low cost. Definitely get the led light group, so worth it.
I totally forgot to mention, that was another must for me.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Hey all I’m purchasing a new 2021 rubicon soon. I’m curious what packages people recommend for overlanding and road tripping. So far I want metal bumper, cold weather package, towing package (for aux buttons), and leather seats. Any other must haves?
I would skip the metal bumpers option because of the cost. You can go aftermarket and get better bumpers and a better tire carrier for less money. Of course that will require you to install them yourself...... this is easy enough anyways. While I love the front bumper, the rear bumper in my opinion is sub-par at best. If you drop off a rock ledge, it will rip off your license plate mount and or even worse, it will flex up into the tub of the Jeep causing body damage.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I agree with all of this.

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
I would absolutely and definitely get the adaptive cruise control! Its SO much better than the normal cruise control! And it works! For me it has been flawless 100% of the time!

Specially for overlanding.. driving on the highways for many hours with it is so much better! Also the LED group is a must, the premium sound and the proximity. I added all those and then the diesel engine for overlanding!

Thats how i ordered mine :) good luck with your order

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Don't know where in CA you are, but since you're getting Cold Weather Package you might want to consider 4WD Auto. It's perfect for partially cleared snowy roads where you often transition between dry and snow covered. It will save you a lot of 2WD/4WD shifting and drivetrain wrenching.

Sponsored

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I would skip the metal bumpers option because of the cost. You can go aftermarket and get better bumpers and a better tire carrier for less money. Of course that will require you to install them yourself...... this is easy enough anyways. While I love the front bumper, the rear bumper in my opinion is sub-par at best. If you drop off a rock ledge, it will rip off your license plate mount and or even worse, it will flex up into the tub of the Jeep causing body damage.
do not forget the steel bumper group comes with stiffer springs to offset the steel bumper weight. Noticeably more sag will be had with aftermarket steel bumpers or winches on jeeps that did not have the factory steel bumper kit.

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
do not forget the steel bumper group comes with stiffer springs to offset the steel bumper weight. Noticeably more sag will be had with aftermarket steel bumpers or winches on jeeps that did not have the factory steel bumper kit.
interesting, i didn't know this. is there a part number for the springs to recover some of that sag, or just recover it in a spacer lift ?

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Personally, I'd skip the leather seats. They just get really hot in the sun, and the cloth ones are good quality.
I would get the LED lights package.
Also. The proximity key may not be something you want if you decide to install a rooftop tent. If you're up in the tent, you may not be able to lock the Jeep because the keys are so close.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Personally, I'd skip the leather seats. They just get really hot in the sun, and the cloth ones are good quality.
I would get the LED lights package.
Also. The proximity key may not be something you want if you decide to install a rooftop tent. If you're up in the tent, you may not be able to lock the Jeep because the keys are so close.
Could do a Faraday bag to solve that, couldn't you?
Sponsored