JL_City_Dude

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara Unlimited
Hello,
What are some of your must have accessories for your JL? I recently got an unlimited and wondering what I should look to get. Thank you!
Sponsored

Sponsored

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
If you don't have the LED lighting group, better headlights should be #1.

Our order of importance:
Phone mount
steels bumpers (oem take-offs)
side steps/rock rails (steel)
seat covers (Bartact)
all-weather floor mats
Sunshade (gets hot with the top off here in TX with the sun beating down on you)
Winch
Rubicon suspension components (springs/shocks - take offs) to account for the added weight of the steel bumpers & winch

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
I've only had my jl for 2 days and plan on keeping her stock mostly. So far I have installed quadratec ultimate all weather floor mats and cargo tray. Then I put some 3m clear film on to protect exterior hinges and door sills and behind door handles from scratches and dings from rocks. I have a front set of rockblox mud flaps that Im about to install soon. I have a screen protector on order for touchscreen. In the spring I plan on some recovery gear with some on-board air and tire deflator. Tint the windows, maybe upgrade and add additional armor underneath. Steel bumpers front and rear, add a winch. Maybe bartact seat covers, will see.....no lift or bigger tires.

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
I've only had my jl for 2 days and plan on keeping her stock mostly. So far I have installed quadratec ultimate all weather floor mats and cargo tray. Then I put some 3m clear film on to protect exterior hinges and door sills and behind door handles from scratches and dings from rocks. I have a front set of rockblox mud flaps that Im about to install soon. I have a screen protector on order for touchscreen. In the spring I plan on some recovery gear with some on-board air and tire deflator. Tint the windows, maybe upgrade and add additional armor underneath. Steel bumpers front and rear, add a winch. Maybe bartact seat covers, will see.....no lift or bigger tires.
Not sure what weather conditions you drive in but one of my favorite things I've done is the Armorlite flooring. The only downside is they only have the front flooring available for the 2 doors currently. https://goarmorlite.com/

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
  • Hood lock (a glaring omission)
  • Rubber floor mats (the OEM carpeted floor mats are easily the cheapest I've seen)
  • Autostop Eliminator harness (creates an On/Off memory function for the ESS setting)
  • Center console safe (start small here; larger and costlier options remain available)
  • Flashlight holder (don't underestimate the importance of having a flashlight handy)
  • Improved exterior lighting, especially if the OEM fitments are incandescent

I've plenty of other recommendations, but the foregoing are Must Haves for me. YMMV.

ryandrews83

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
New ‘JLUR owner here and my first additions were all-season floor mats (Mopar), phone holder (67 Design/CMM Offroad), steel bumpers (Mopar takeoffs), LED headlights, DRLs and fogs (Mopar takeoffs) and a Tazer Mini.

Next up will be a lift, tires, tailgate reinforcement kit, winch, winch accessories, onboard air, stubby antenna and maybe a security enclosure for the rear cargo area.

Should be fun and expensive getting trail ready for the Spring.

Deleted member 59498

New ‘JLUR owner here and my first additions were all-season floor mats (Mopar), phone holder (67 Design/CMM Offroad), steel bumpers (Mopar takeoffs), LED headlights, DRLs and fogs (Mopar takeoffs) and a Tazer Mini.

Next up will be a lift, tires, tailgate reinforcement kit, winch, winch accessories, onboard air, stubby antenna and maybe a security enclosure for the rear cargo area.

Should be fun and expensive getting trail ready for the Spring.

Well at least your antenna will be cheap! :LOL:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
In a large urban city or area I'd start with a Bolt hood lock keyed the same as your doors, locking wheel lugs for all 5 wheels, and Mopar locking gas cap keyed the same as your door. Rubber winter mats and some paint protection film would be next. And a screen protector for the radio.
Sponsored