Must have’s on new JLU Rubicon

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
The park sensors/blindspot/cross path, in my opinion, is useless on the Wrangler. Especially since they've increase the rearward visibility. Again, just my opinion.
Man, unless my top is off backing out of a parking spot is one of the few times I hate driving my LJ. I'm not planning on getting those safety features due to cost, but I don't believe for a moment they're useless.
Sponsored

ThrillerR1

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 4Runner V8, 2008 Z06, 2009 R1, 2015 Tenere
Guess I'm old. My 4Runner is the same size as a JKU and has no backup cameras and crap rear side visibility. So that's what I'm used to.

OP
OP

mgrowc1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Well I put my order in. I shouldn’t have asked as I essentially ended up adding everything except leather and the cold climate package!!!

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Well I put my order in. I shouldn’t have asked as I essentially ended up adding everything except leather and the cold climate package!!!
Congrats. I ordered mine today as well. I started pulling off options, but decided that if I'm spending 41k and skimping on options I really want I might as well spend 44k and get everything I want. Both are high for a Wrangler, but the $3k difference doesn't sound like that much when you are at 40k+

OP
OP

mgrowc1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Thanks and congrats to you too. I don’t really like leather to be honest. Had some older cars where it just gets worn. Plus I have more than once left my top down and got 1 inch of rain in my car. Being in Louisiana I don’t need cold package either so literally everything except leather and heated seats...

Congrats. I ordered mine today as well. I started pulling off options, but decided that if I'm spending 41k and skimping on options I really want I might as well spend 44k and get everything I want. Both are high for a Wrangler, but the $3k difference doesn't sound like that much when you are at 40k+

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Agree, couldn’t imagine buying a 2018 vehicle without the safety features.

Man, unless my top is off backing out of a parking spot is one of the few times I hate driving my LJ. I'm not planning on getting those safety features due to cost, but I don't believe for a moment they're useless.

Sponsored

shepparoni

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus SHO
With the Alpine 9 speaker system, does anyone know where the speakers are located? I understand that there are 2 on the top, and 2 on the bottom of the dashboard, 2 overhead, and the subwoofer in the back, but where are the last 2 speakers located?
Sponsored