Must have’s on new JLU Rubicon

mgrowc1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
So I am about to pull the trigger on an order and seeing if I am missing something crucial. I am going for plain white with the premium soft top and black wheels.

I am adding the following for sure:
- infotainment
- safety group
- tow package
- led lights
- mats
- proximity keyless entry

I am not going for leather or cold climate as I am in Louisiana so figured I don’t need heated seats.
Figured I don’t need the engine block heater but for $100 should I just do it? I also have no clue what the trail management system is?

I don’t think there is really much else to add but before I finalize the order I figured I’d put it out there to make sure I am not missing something I should consider?

Thanks,
Mark
Sponsored

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
How hot does it get down there? I had remote start when I was in AZ and it was a life saver in the summer. It's not necessary but a comforting feature if you can afford it. Also, this would be a waste if you plan on having the top down a majority of the time

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The engine block heater will be absolutely worthless to you. I won't use it in Indiana, and we're on a fairly normal two week cold spell where temps are around zero at night. My Jk doesn't have it and doesn't need it. I did order the cold weather package on mine for the heated seats, but I'll never use the engine block heater, especially when running Mobil 1 EP 0w20 synthetic oil. It flows easily at zero and even down to 30+ below.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
steel bumper unless you plan on about 2500 for aftermarket

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Here is my configuration....

E5A149A6-BAD4-48C4-BF7B-6BB190B4773B.jpeg

So I am about to pull the trigger on an order and seeing if I am missing something crucial. I am going for plain white with the premium soft top and black wheels.

I am adding the following for sure:
- infotainment
- safety group
- tow package
- led lights
- mats
- proximity keyless entry

I am not going for leather or cold climate as I am in Louisiana so figured I don’t need heated seats.
Figured I don’t need the engine block heater but for $100 should I just do it? I also have no clue what the trail management system is?

I don’t think there is really much else to add but before I finalize the order I figured I’d put it out there to make sure I am not missing something I should consider?

Thanks,
Mark

Sponsored

ThrillerR1

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 4Runner V8, 2008 Z06, 2009 R1, 2015 Tenere
steel bumper unless you plan on about 2500 for aftermarket
$1153 invoice price for the steel bumper package. If you don't care about the rear, which I don't as I'll need a carrier bumper, you get get just the Mopar one for 995 or get it with out the removable corners for 895.

ThrillerR1

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine looks like this:

$47,629 on the tread lightly program.

Skipping:
Trailer and HD Electrics - I can buy the Aux switches from Mopar and I plan for dual batteries and a rear bumper/carrier
Steel Bumpers - Again, Mopar front bumper and hopefully AEV rear.
Active Safety Group - Useless for me. Jeeps don't have bad blindspots and ALL of them come with backup cameras
Body Color Hardtop - Think it looks better black
Body Color Fenders - Fenders will get beat to crap offroad so no point painting them.

Capture.JPG

Sponsored

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Active Safety Group does not include the backup camera...and it doesn’t consist of just blind spot detection...consists of:
  • Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
  • ParkSense Rear Park Assist System
  • LED Taillights
Couldn’t imagine buying a 2018 vehicle without these three safety features...LED taillights included in LED Light Group.

Mine looks like this:

Skipping:
Trailer and HD Electrics - I can buy the Aux switches from Mopar and I plan for dual batteries and a rear bumper/carrier
Active Safety Group - Useless for me. Jeeps don't have bad blindspots and ALL of them come with backup cameras
Body Color Fenders - Fenders will get beat to crap offroad so no point painting them.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I thought so too...:clap::clap::clap:
That is fairly impressive considering what you got for options. My 4 door came in at 44,212 and thats only 1% below invoice. I had a manual soft top though without the cold weather group, upgraded wheels, or the safety group, so yea thats i dunno another $5500 (estimated) right there. Great deal on that one with the 5% off!

bdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Mine looks like this:

Skipping:

Capture.JPG
Which dealer did you order from?

ThrillerR1

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't ordered yet. Waiting for my savings to catch up and also for the diesel.

ThrillerR1

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Active Safety Group does not include the backup camera...and it doesn’t consist of just blind spot detection...consists of:
  • Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
  • ParkSense Rear Park Assist System
  • LED Taillights
Couldn’t imagine buying a 2018 vehicle without these three safety features...LED taillights included in LED Light Group.
The backup camera is standard on all models of Wrangler. It's actually federally mandated. (https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/new-backup-camera-rule-cameras-will-be-mandatory-by-2018-223739)

The park sensors/blindspot/cross path, in my opinion, is useless on the Wrangler. Especially since they've increase the rearward visibility. Again, just my opinion.
Sponsored