Mooeymoose

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white Willy’s unlimited
86B10574-1A7A-4FA6-81BF-5C735FBB6037.jpeg
Ok, so I just got my 2018 JL 2.0T rubicon in sting gray. Love the car and I would love to keep it for a long time.

One of the first things I did was take off the doors and grease the hinges internally. I had a hell of the time taking of the doors in my JK.

What I am asking is a list of things to do now before I put to many miles in it.
Sponsored

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
Ok, so I just got my 2018 JL 2.0T rubicon in sting gray. Love the car and I would love to keep it for a long time.

One of the first things I did was take off the doors and grease the hinges internally. I had a hell of the time taking of the doors in my JK.

What I am asking is a list of things to do now before I put to many miles in it.
I do not have a good answer to offer, sorry (and I haven’t even received my JL yet!), but it does seem like a smart question to ask. :like:

One thing comes to mind: Jeepers have consistently reported that their tires were overinflated driving out of the dealership (well into the 40s) and that drivability was greatly improved after dropping tire pressure down to 37. So if you haven’t double-checked yet, it’s worth taking a quick look at that.

PS: That looks like a happy Jeep family! Cute pic.

Last edited:

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
First thing I’m doing is spraying the frame with fluid film. The road salt here in the north east destroys everything.

huckleberryshin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
It's my very first Jeep and looking forward to the list. Wondering if anyone has looked over your welds, but mine is already showing signs of rust. I've had the Jeep for 1 week. Any preventive measures I could do at this point?

Sponsored

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Probably better to put this in the general forum as it doesn't seem to be targeted at the 2.0 specifically, that way you'll get many more responses.

On the 2.0 side of the fence, I would be interested in seeing what's required, especially regarding the valves. We don't know how this engine is going to perform yet as a DI engine, and if regular valve cleaning will be necessary.

DENT1325

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Push in all of your fuses to make sure that they are seated properly.
My JLUR 2.0 has been perfect so far @ around 1500 miles. I did check my fuses and not a single one of the larger fuses were fully seated.

huckleberryshin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
My JLUR 2.0 has been perfect so far @ around 1500 miles. I did check my fuses and not a single one of the larger fuses were fully seated.
Sorry for the silly question, but where are the fuses located and did you just do a finger pressure check on them?
Thanks!!

DENT1325

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Sorry for the silly question, but where are the fuses located and did you just do a finger pressure check on them?
Thanks!!
Pop the hood, they’re in the black box right behind the battery. I could see that they weren’t pressed down all the way and when pressed firmly they clicked and were flush.

huckleberryshin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Thanks DENT1325, noticed about half of my fuses had room to be pushed down. It is possible to over-insert these fuses? I didnt go ham, but just wondering lol.

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

If I might, I would simply tell you to not overthink it. Personally, I believe that the vehicles today leave the factory with what they need they need for the next 4 to 5 years, save for a few items. On a vehicle such as this, I'm more concerned with transfer case fluid, as well as diff oil. I feel that changing those on a frequent basis -- perhaps every few years or so is so much better than neglecting it and increases the longevity those items. I'm not mentioning engine oil here because that's an obvious given. Otherwise, chassis lube where ever there's a zerk fitting (assuming there are?) on a yearly basis is also good. As I said, I feel that these vehicles, among most others, are built to last. Beside's it's a Jeep so that in its own right exudes toughness. Just my 2 cents worth.
Sponsored