Muffler delete

Spiffypina

First Name
rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler jl unlimited sahara
If I take of my muffler will it be ok just like the way it is with out it ? There are heatsheilds in that space area im just wondering
Sponsored

OP
OP
Spiffypina

Spiffypina

First Name
rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
Please post a video with audio once you do this. I'm curious how loud it will be and how it will sound. Also, which engine do you have?

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I ran like this for about a month before I put the muffler back on. You should be fine but your floor in the rear will get hot

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spiffypina

Spiffypina

First Name
rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ran like this for about a month before I put the muffler back on. You should be fine but your floor in the rear will get hot
I think it will be fine its cold nowadays and I felt the before and after for a 40 min drive and it wasn't hot not even the pipe

OP
OP
Spiffypina

Spiffypina

First Name
rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's how it sounds

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
@Spiffypina I ran mine with no delete pipe just with the exhaust with no muffler. While I did the same thing and felt the pipe and thought nothing should happen. My commute back and fourth to work at the time was about an hour, the exhaust fumes were hot enough to melt my bumper reflector and the licenses plate bracket both cheap plastic.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spiffypina

Spiffypina

First Name
rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Today I was entering a car wash and I got a code for a throttle actuator control was acting up yall think it has anything to do with the removal of the muffler or entirely something else 🤔

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I removed mine a few times and never had any codes pop up. I did have a little axle back pipe on it.

Ultimately I just put the muffler back on because it was too loud. Long drives were terrible and felt it was too much noise for a Jeep haha.

jabtyler

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jlur
I drove around with no muffler for a few months and had no side affects other than my son saying it was really hot in the back after we drove for a while. I put the dynomax pipe on to take care of the heat then later a magnaflow muffler for fun. also I have the 2.0 engine.