Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
So other than the deeper sound, did anyone experience any increase "get up and go" or increase in fuel mileage?

Trying to convince myself to get one :headbang:
Sponsored

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I did the axle back muffler delete, but added a small Magnaflow 40 behind the factory resonator.

No change in mileage, but the extra clearance, weight saving and sound are worth it.
Took my muffler delete off after a week but I plan on taking the route you did with the magnaflow. You should take a video clip. And post it up.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

i did the dynomax muffler delete. i love it. the jeep sounds great. i get compliments from other JL owners who inquire about it. doesnt bother me on highways or anything. and you get much more clearance. no unsightly muffler hanging in the back like a dogs balls lol.

of course there are no increases in performance or mpg. its a muffler back modification. the only thing the muffler does back there is quiet the vehicle down. only a full exhaust will net you hp increase and that would be minimal at best on this vehicle. ive never heard of an exhaust system increasing mpg lol. usually performance increase equals mpg decrease. you cant get something for nothing.

maybe the mpg savings is from the decrease in overall weight of the jeep lol

Fouts

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Unlimited
I am on the fence also, I added an afe cat back to my JK and it was just too loud. Has anyone tried doing the dynomax muffler delete and the changing the resonator for a muffler, or is that even possible?

Sponsored

Chrishegs27

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
I did the dynomax muffler delete. Love it at low speeds and lower RPMs. Don’t love it on the highway, makes me notice how often my Jeep stays in 7th gear. If it weren’t so cold/rainy I would toss my stock muffler back on. Going to keep it on through the winter and see if it grows on me.

sporlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
I did the muffler delete on the 2.0 and love it. We are use to quads and UTV's with aftermarket exhaust. Nice tone and gives it some character.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Too loud for me! Especially on the highway. Massively annoying and loud drone. Mine is the flowmaster.

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had the Dynomax on for around 4-5 months now...my daily commute is around 33km (each way) of highway driving at around 110km/h....no droning issues for me, doesn’t sound ricey or obnoxious.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
No drone that I can hear, I'm old though (too many hard rock concerts through the years, lol). But have had an exhaust w/ heavy bass drone on our Infiniti, so I do know what drone is :)
Sponsored