Sponsored

Muffler delete illinois laws?

Kllrbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Not sure if I shouldve put this in the 3.6 exhaust section or here.

Im in IL about a mile from WI border. As some of you probly know, IL is like CA red headed step child with restrictive laws.
Was thinking about getting the Dynomax delete pipe and get rid of that huge fart can.
Can anyone from IL (or anywhere really) tell me if they have had any problems with getting stopped.

Ive heard sound clips and it doesnt sound that loud, but its always hard to tell on those.

Thanks
Sponsored

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
If you want to preview what it sounds like take your muffler off and drive around. You wont hurt anything.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Some local cities have emission testing but I'm south of the Communist County of Cook so I don't give two rabbit biscuits about it. Be aware there is a drone about 2500rpm. It is ok most other rpm's, doesn't sound bad. Just drive with a mask on, I'm sure the moron governor would give you a pass for no muffler.

OP
OP

Kllrbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Yeah I never go to Crook county. Like I said, Im right on the WI border and spend most of my time there.
I doubt the drone will bother me. If it does, Ill put the stocker back on. No big deal.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I think your more likely to get pulled over in WI. The police in IL have a lot more to worry about than a loud exhaust.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Kllrbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Installed today. Not loud at all. I almost cant even believe anyone would think this is too loud.
The tone is kinda meh...a little ricey. But its ok. Need to get used to it I guess.

superdude

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sport
Have had one installed in IL for about 8 months now, issue-free.
Sponsored