Sponsored

Muffler delete - Has anyone used the space?

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I have this tank installed. Works as advertised.
For out back travel that is pretty darn cool. It's a heavy price tag but cheap if you

go were running out of gas a lot is a possibility.

I have a trailer with 18g of gas is on board. If I didnt have that I'd be looking hard at it. Just wish you didnt lose ground clearence with it.
Sponsored

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
For out back travel that is pretty darn cool. It's a heavy price tag but cheap if you

go were running out of gas a lot is a possibility.

I have a trailer with 18g of gas is on board. If I didnt have that I'd be looking hard at it. Just wish you didnt lose ground clearence with it.
I am running Rockhard skid plates. This tank fits above the rockhard skid plate lines. I was able to flip the rock hard fuel tank skid and put it on the aux tank side.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
does your “range to empty” measurement just not work at all?
The DTE works based off the main/original tank. It is active and correct based on that tank.

The aux tank is a storage tank. It fills via the same hose as the primary, making fillups very easy. I've been told in the heat the fill will be slower.

When the main tank is low, I press the transfer button and it pumps fuel into the primary. The gauge rises same as you would expect. The aux tank has a separate gauge that reflects its level, and acts as the controller for the pump.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The DTE works based off the main/original tank. It is active and correct based on that tank.

The aux tank is a storage tank. It fills via the same hose as the primary, making fillups very easy. I've been told in the heat the fill will be slower.

When the main tank is low, I press the transfer button and it pumps fuel into the primary. The gauge rises same as you would expect. The aux tank has a separate gauge that reflects its level, and acts as the controller for the pump.
ah, that’s good. Pretty cool setup.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where do you have the tank installed? Any pics?
The tank mounts exactly opposite the primary tank and is shaped very similar to the main. It is a bit smaller, only 17 gallons. It was a direct bolt on.

The filler hose had to be cut and a t pipe put in to fill the aux. The install took me about 8 hours over a 2 day period.

I'll get some pics and post them.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have been thinking of relocating two full size AGM batteries there and totally delete the underhood batteries. An aluminum box can be made just deep enough but the stock sway bar has to be deleted. A thru the frame Rock Jock sway bar is a replacement answer. I looked into removing the plactic tub but it is sealed in and removal looked to destroy it so I didn't go any further. Looked like a 24x14x11(if memory serves) box could be installed. Thought is on back burner or until I need to replace my stock ones via out of pocket expense.

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I am running Rockhard skid plates. This tank fits above the rockhard skid plate lines. I was able to flip the rock hard fuel tank skid and put it on the aux tank side.
It’s quite a thread jack at this point, but I’m really curious about your skid configuration. I’ve pondered belly skids and that’s had me hesitate about an LRA tank. You just used the Rock Hard gas tank skid on the other side and it just worked?

I look forward to the pics you mentioned. :)

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s quite a thread jack at this point, but I’m really curious about your skid configuration. I’ve pondered belly skids and that’s had me hesitate about an LRA tank. You just used the Rock Hard gas tank skid on the other side and it just worked?

I look forward to the pics you mentioned. :)
I have not installed the rhino skids yet, will be doing that next week. I held the piece in place and it looks like it will fit perfectly. I will be taking pics during the installation. I tried to order just the one extra piece for the fuel tank but that is not possible. My plan now is to use the rh as a template and fab the extra piece I need

I will also experiment with leaving oem fuel skid in place and mounting RH skid flipped on driver side.

Sponsored

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
I was considering an air tank. Have only considered thus far, no measuring or anything.

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
An aftermarket Vendor did this for the JK, and was considering it for the JL, I'll see if I can find that link
I saw this also but can’t seem to find it now. It seemed to (about) double the storage area if I remember right,

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Guess I'll have to measure the cubby, and see what drop in boat / camper flanged box will fit. I've been hoping a Pro would do this by now.

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
If you remove your muffler, where does the exhaust blow out?

What State doesn’t require a muffler to pass for an annual inspection sticker?
Sponsored