First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
So I have a 2019 Rubicon and know the Mopar mudguards will not fit because of the rockrails.

Last winter I installed a set of takeoff Sahara running boards to deal with all the snow and salt being thrown up on the doors.

That said, does anyone know if the mudguards would now fit with the rockrails being gone?

5795C21A-A822-4458-B57A-17348942AC8C.jpeg
If you are asking if the Mopar mudguards will fit your Rubicon, pretty sure they still won't. Part of the problem is that the fender flares on the Rubicon are a different shape than the flares on the other models.
Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
So I have a 2019 Rubicon and know the Mopar mudguards will not fit because of the rockrails.

Last winter I installed a set of takeoff Sahara running boards to deal with all the snow and salt being thrown up on the doors.

That said, does anyone know if the mudguards would now fit with the rockrails being gone?

5795C21A-A822-4458-B57A-17348942AC8C.jpeg
I just bought a Rubicon and will take a look at the wife's Sahara and see if they would fit. I have LOD rock sliders coming so I hope to be able to use the Mopar front molded ones, just havent had a chance to scope it out. Also want to see how the new LOD sliders line up, hope they are recessed behind the fender.

Does anyone know if the mopar rear molded flaps 82215333 can be used on the Rubicon, will have to double check that too.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
I hope all you guys with a 2018 2DR Rubicon will see this. There are no mopar molded mud guards for 2018 Rubicon but there is an excellent solution. I had a 2016 2DR Hard Rock with OEM Mud Guards. I keeped them when my lease was up. At first glance they did not fit mt 2018. I looked for the right ones but there are none. Then it came to me! I put the 2016 mud guards on the oven at 300 degrees for about 5-10 min. Thery then became soft and malleable. I was able to bent them to fit. By dry fitting you will see where to bend them to fit. Just screw them in. Looks Great!!! I will upload pics soon. PS do not remove the plastic rivets that are there. Instead drill the mud flap so they sit flush. good luck, Eric
Got any pics of this?

Tpham

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler sport s
Anyone who has installed rokblokz flaps you should blue loctite all the nuts. I’ve had multiple fall off and I messaged their fb page to get replacements and they saw my pictures and comments and never replied. I ended up going to hd to get some replacements and they didn’t sell flanged nuts at my local hd.

Sponsored

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
I wonder if the WeatherTech front flaps can use the Rokblokz quick removal hardware?
HAs anyone compared the widths?

I only use front flaps so that's why I am not concerned with rears … I currently have the Rokblokz but am likeing the WeatherTechs ….

JL-J

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I just bought a Rubicon and will take a look at the wife's Sahara and see if they would fit. I have LOD rock sliders coming so I hope to be able to use the Mopar front molded ones, just havent had a chance to scope it out. Also want to see how the new LOD sliders line up, hope they are recessed behind the fender.

Does anyone know if the mopar rear molded flaps 82215333 can be used on the Rubicon, will have to double check that too.
No, the contour and hole pattern are completely different on the Rubicon.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
I just installed a set of XL Rockblockz on the front. They are perfect. I will get some pics later.

Sponsored

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
Does anyone know if the WeatherTech Rubicon mud flaps will fit a MOAB? I’ve yet to determine if the Rubicon and MOAB share the exact same rock rails or not.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Does anyone know if the WeatherTech Rubicon mud flaps will fit a MOAB? I’ve yet to determine if the Rubicon and MOAB share the exact same rock rails or not.
I believe MOAB’s rails stick out with a bit of a step ledge. I think they may be called MOPAR Performance Rock Rails or something like that. I have no idea how that impacts the mud flaps but they are different than Rubicon.

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
I believe MOAB’s rails stick out with a bit of a step ledge. I think they may be called MOPAR Performance Rock Rails or something like that. I have no idea how that impacts the mud flaps but they are different than Rubicon.
I looked at mine closely and they are definitely a little wider than the Rubicon ones. They do share the same texture which made me think they might be the same.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
$40 for the front set.....I might have to get these. Finally a good looking solution for the Rubicon.

Thanks for sharing.
The price is right.