Mudflaps and Rubicon Flares?

Lmike6453

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude (Black)
Does anyone know if the WeatherTech Rubicon mud flaps will fit a MOAB? I’ve yet to determine if the Rubicon and MOAB share the exact same rock rails or not.
I believe MOAB’s rails stick out with a bit of a step ledge. I think they may be called MOPAR Performance Rock Rails or something like that. I have no idea how that impacts the mud flaps but they are different than Rubicon.

Did anyone figure this out for Sahara Moab w/ " Heavy duty Rock Slider w/ Step Assist" option?
I'm so confused on what would fit...

Jeep Wrangler JL Mudflaps and Rubicon Flares? 1612293529232
Sponsored

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Did anyone figure this out for Sahara Moab w/ " Heavy duty Rock Slider w/ Step Assist" option?
I'm so confused on what would fit...

1612293529232.png
I own a 2-door Sport with the same rock sliders, and it looks like they protrude into the wheel well as much as yours do. I discussed with RokBlokz directly last week, but they do not make cut-outs for these sliders, even though they are a MOPAR factory option.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mudflaps and Rubicon Flares? IMG_2794.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Mudflaps and Rubicon Flares? IMG_2793.JPG

Unless someone has figured out a better solution, the only thing we can do is purchase the solid flaps and make our own cut-outs for the sliders. I am a terrible artist, but bought a set of flaps anyway. For how much they cost, I just hope I don't mess them up! Appreciate any pointers from those who might have done this already.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I own a 2-door Sport with the same rock sliders, and it looks like they protrude into the wheel well as much as yours do. I discussed with RokBlokz directly last week, but they do not make cut-outs for these sliders, even though they are a MOPAR factory option.

Unless someone has figured out a better solution, the only thing we can do is purchase the solid flaps and make our own cut-outs for the sliders. I am a terrible artist, but bought a set of flaps anyway. For how much they cost, I just hope I don't mess them up! Appreciate any pointers from those who might have done this already.
Rokblokz already have the cutouts for the sliders...

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Rokblokz already have the cutouts for the sliders...
Unfortunately, they do not, and I verified this by speaking with RokBlokz directly. Look closely...these are not the Rubicon sliders. They are MOPAR's heavy duty rock sliders with step assist, as Mike mentioned above. Much different shape, unfortunately. That said...if you are seeing something on their website that we may have missed, PLEASE share!

Also...I found this elsewhere in the forums from a Sahara owner with side steps:

Rokblokz vs. 2020 Sahara. | 2018+ Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, Unlimited - JLwranglerforums.com

Even though his steps/rails are much different, I think his solution might work for our configuration. Will definitely attempt this before cutting anything.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Unfortunately, they do not, and I verified this by speaking with RokBlokz directly. Look closely...these are not the Rubicon sliders. They are MOPAR's heavy duty rock sliders with step assist, as Mike mentioned above. Much different shape, unfortunately. That said...if you are seeing something on their website that we may have missed, PLEASE share!
maybe if that is the case you can simply modify that hole that is there for the rubicon sliders. I just installed a set on my 4xe this weekend when installing a lift, I could see it being easy to install without the cutout (they will bend to fit temporarily) then trace the slider and cut out with a dremel.

or pull the sliders off and cut them down...

Sponsored

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
maybe if that is the case you can simply modify that hole that is there for the rubicon sliders. I just installed a set on my 4xe this weekend when installing a lift, I could see it being easy to install without the cutout (they will bend to fit temporarily) then trace the slider and cut out with a dremel.

or pull the sliders off and cut them down...
Thanks, Gary...I considered starting with the Rubicon sliders too, but their profile is much different than the heavy-duty sliders. Better to just trace and cut from scratch. However, I'm hoping that the alternate installation instructions I linked above, will work in this situation. Seems promising, and I hope it helps others who haven't discovered it yet.

Last edited:

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
I must be missing something, but I have a JLU Recon so have the same Mopar Enhanced Rock Sliders and had no issues installing the Rokblokz. I only installed the fronts as I have no need for the rears. I did the XL version since I plan to get wider wheels at some point.

Ken~

pic1.PNG

pic2.PNG

ea187

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Does anyone know if the rokblockz XL long fronts from a gladiator will fit on a regular rubicon. They don’t offer the XL long under the regular option and I’d like that extra little bit of length.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if the rokblockz XL long fronts from a gladiator will fit on a regular rubicon. They don’t offer the XL long under the regular option and I’d like that extra little bit of length.
I'd be shocked if it didn't. They are about 99% the same from the B-pillar forward. I'm sure Rockblockz could tell you.

Sponsored

TheEddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
FYI the JT front flaps fit as you would expect.

"Hello Eddie,

Thank you for your response, I am Eli and I can answer any questions from here on out!

You are correct that the front fender/rock rail arrangement is the same for most JTs and JLs. Our fronts are the exact same for both fitments. Currently on the website we only list the additional sizes for the JT but you are free to purchase them for your JL. Here is the link: https://rokblokz.com/collections/jeep-mud-flaps/products/jeep-gladiator-jt-2020-mud-flaps-half-kit

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Eli"

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I must be missing something, but I have a JLU Recon so have the same Mopar Enhanced Rock Sliders and had no issues installing the Rokblokz. I only installed the fronts as I have no need for the rears. I did the XL version since I plan to get wider wheels at some point.

Ken~

Jeep Wrangler JL Mudflaps and Rubicon Flares? pic2.PNG

Jeep Wrangler JL Mudflaps and Rubicon Flares? pic2.PNG
I have the rails that came off a Recon edition and my rokblokz absolutely don't fit. Your rails look shorter than mine but im not sure why they would be, it could be the angle of your pic that makes it look shorter. But when I try and install the front flap the inside bottom screw is probably 2" away from reaching.

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
It must be the angle, as they are all the same length. If I remember, to get to the inside screw you need to push pretty hard on the mud flap to get the screw to catch.

I have had these on for over 6 months and no issues.

Thanks,

Ken~

Jeep-Flaps.jpg
Sponsored