First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
I installed front and rear last night, more involved than I expected. Like everyone else disappointed with the cream colored thumb screws and huge gap in coverage for the rear. I'll try cutting up the plastic this weekend. Overall though, I think they look good, hoping they work to keep the jeep cleaner.
If you're going to install yourself, wash it first, the fenderwells were pretty dirty. Also, if you've got a 3ft extension for the 16mm frame bolts it's a lot easier to break them loose from outside the wheel.

5V1A1084.jpg
Perhaps if enough of us request black thumb screws, they will do it......
Sponsored

uudog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I installed front and rear last night, more involved than I expected. Like everyone else disappointed with the cream colored thumb screws and huge gap in coverage for the rear. I'll try cutting up the plastic this weekend. Overall though, I think they look good, hoping they work to keep the jeep cleaner.
If you're going to install yourself, wash it first, the fenderwells were pretty dirty. Also, if you've got a 3ft extension for the 16mm frame bolts it's a lot easier to break them loose from outside the wheel.
They look good. Are those the regular sized mudflaps?

MinorInsanity

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Mojito Rubicon
So I've had regulars on the front of my JLUR for about 5 days. Roads are sloppy now that it's at or above freezing. The gray thumbscrews aren't as noticeable once they get some road muck on them...they blend right in. There is a big difference in the amount of spray on the sides. Rear fender is much better, but not 100% in the clear. Based on how they've performed (which I'm very pleased with), I just ordered a full set of XL's. I do run winter tires which are smaller than my summer tires. I feel confident I'll be even more pleased with the XLs.

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
So I've had regulars on the front of my JLUR for about 5 days. Roads are sloppy now that it's at or above freezing. The gray thumbscrews aren't as noticeable once they get some road muck on them...they blend right in. There is a big difference in the amount of spray on the sides. Rear fender is much better, but not 100% in the clear. Based on how they've performed (which I'm very pleased with), I just ordered a full set of XL's. I do run winter tires which are smaller than my summer tires. I feel confident I'll be even more pleased with the XLs.
What tire size are you running? Share pix when you get your XL's!

Sponsored

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Thanks for the update! Still on the fence with these. Stock wheels/tires here, but the regular ones look too short to me. The XLs, though, look too obnoxiously wide for a stock setup. If only there was a third option of regular width with XL length. I emailed a couple weeks ago when these first popped up asking if that was possible and they replied that they were looking into and would let me know, but no further communication since.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
What tire size are you running? Share pix when you get your XL's!
RoKBlokz Front XL's Installed

I have 35's X 12.5" KO2 Tires, my Fuel Assault wheels 18x9.5 have a 4.7" offset so they stick out beyond the fender 2"-3". Living near Seattle I can wash my Wrangler and after a light rain or even a puddle it looks like I was off road as the wide wheel and tires throws dirty water along the entire side.

Quality is just OK they are plastic that seems to scratch easy with my fingernail so we will see how they look after a while. The Hardware for the fronts could have been a little more robust. The problem is when you remove them for offroad the bottom of the fender liner will not be secure as you had to remove the factory pushpins and the Rokblokz bolts that go through the push pin holes stay with the flap when removed. This may or may not be problematic.

One final note on a black Wrangler they just blend in, they do not look out of place at all, however they may stand out more on other colored Wranglers, however they do also make the Flaps in different colors.

Other than price I am very pleased with them and look forward to fewer washes.

Mudflaps%205_zpsc6bkzqv9.jpg

Mudflaps%206_zps69rhd0jy.jpg

Mudflaps%203_zpsitvrkcmx.jpg

Mudflaps%204_zpsp2wbjkpw.jpg

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
RoKBlokz Front XL's Installed
Are you installing the rear ones too? I would like to see how the rear ones are removed and how far up they go. I don't have factory rear bumper anymore.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Are you installing the rear ones too? I would like to see how the rear ones are removed and how far up they go. I don't have factory rear bumper anymore.
No I am not buying the rears they are way over priced at $130 and the rears water throw is not a problem anyway except maybe a little to cars behind me. If anything I will wait for the cheap knockoff it is bad enough I paid $80 for two pieces of flat plastic I could have home built for $15. there is nothing special about these except the pattern they are cut, which is easy to duplicate. The back though are a little different story as they have a added piece of flat metal. I would not off road with them they would easily break. I may make the pattern and take to Tap Plastics (a plastics retail store chain) and they can cut and reproduce on the cheap.

Also note they are the type of plastic that scratches easy I can mar them up easily with my fingernail...

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
No I am not buying the rears they are way over priced at $130 and the rears water throw is not a problem anyway except maybe a little to cars behind me. If anything I will wait for the cheap knockoff it is bad enough I paid $80 for two pieces of flat plastic I could have home built for $15. there is nothing special about these except the pattern they are cut, which is easy to duplicate. The back though are a little different story as they have a added piece of flat metal. I would not off road with them they would easily break. I may make the pattern and take to Tap Plastics (a plastics retail store chain) and they can cut and reproduce on the cheap.

Also note they are the type of plastic that scratches easy I can mar them up easily with my fingernail...
It's that metal on the back that I am curious about. The web page says they are easy to remove for off-roading but they show no pictures of it.

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It's that metal on the back that I am curious about. The web page says they are easy to remove for off-roading but they show no pictures of it.
The rears have a metal plate you install to the inside of the fender then the flaps attach to that flatbar. The fronts use exiting holes (3 of them) that the flap screws two/through, easy install takes just a couple minutes,

you can see the three connections here. Look at your fender well and the two lowest push pins and one on the lower inside are the three connections

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
@Luis Angel Reyes I am stumped. Can you help? I can’t figure out how to get from here to actually getting the flaps installed. I cut the liner as I saw you did, but I can’t get the flaps to slide over the bracket as part of the liner is still in the way. I am missing something and I am not very smart.

0C540F68-1AE1-4213-9509-A15B348A47E6.jpeg

HoosierJL

First Name
Fletch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
The rears have a metal plate you install to the inside of the fender then the flaps attach to that flatbar. The fronts use exiting holes (3 of them) that the flap screws two/through, easy install takes just a couple minutes,

you can see the three connections here. Look at your fender well and the two lowest push pins and one on the lower inside are the three connections

I did not attach mine like you did. I put the entire flap behind the front fender liner and ran all 3 of the plastic headed screws in from the front through the fender liner, then the metal connector on the mud flap. This is how I understood the instructions and it makes them easy to remove as all 3 screws are right next to each other inside the fender well.

HoosierJL

First Name
Fletch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
@Luis Angel Reyes I am stumped. Can you help? I can’t figure out how to get from here to actually getting the flaps installed. I cut the liner as I saw you did, but I can’t get the flaps to slide over the bracket as part of the liner is still in the way. I am missing something and I am not very smart.

0C540F68-1AE1-4213-9509-A15B348A47E6.jpeg
Geos7812,
I was able to install my driver side mud flap when cutting the lower fender liner the same way you did but it was a tight push to get it on that bracket. I lined up the bottom corner of the opening in the mud flap with the bottom corner of the metal bracket and got it started, then I pushed the flap up so that the rest of the slot went over the bracket. Then I pushed it in.

Were you able to slide the bracket in to the flap before you mounted the bracket? The instructions say to leave a couple of the screws less tight than the others so it doesn't bind. I was able to tighten mine down and was still able to get it over the bracket though.

Also, even though I was able to get the flap installed with cutting the fender liner as you did, it was not perpendicular to the ground. I ended up removing the fender liner and cutting a slot about 3/4 of the way from the outside edge towards the inside edge to allow more room for the flap to be inserted.

For the passenger side, I was unable to place the flap on the bracket at all until I cut the slot from the outside edge towards the inside edge. It took me quite a while and several attempts to get this to work. Mine are installed and I don't want to pull them back off right now to take pictures because it took me a while to install them.

Having said all of that, I feel pretty good about these mud flaps now because of several reasons:
1. They look pretty good to me. The angled portion at the top outside edge matches the JL body lines well in my eyes.
2. I was able to reinstall the lower fender liners so that mud/salt is no longer being flung up inside the wheel well and rear bumper. Without that liner, one edge of the lower body panel is directly in line for rocks to strike it behind the rear wheel.
3. I chose black on black. Although I can see the RB logo if I look for it, it isn't even legible from a few feet away and the color goes well with the black unpainted fenders. I have Punk'n paint and I really didn't like the way the orange colored flaps looked on the sample photos on the RokBlokz website.
4. The flaps prevent much of the splash I was getting up the side of my doors. I also feel like the rear window doesn't get as much road spray while driving on wet roads. My 2 door really did send a lot of spray to the rear window without the mud flaps and I "feel" like that issue is improved.

I have the standard sized flaps on a 2019 Rubicon with factory tires and no lift. The flaps are probably less than 1 inch wider than the tires. The fronts are not adjustable and I have the rears adjusted to match the fronts, with about 1 inch of the slanted area at the top inside the fender flare.
Sponsored