Mud Guards for Rubicon Recon

WestTex42

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
I've got a Rubicon Recon on order and was going to go ahead and get mud guards ordered for it. I was ready to buy the WeatherTech no drill flaps, but their website says they will not fit a Recon edition. It did not say that on other sites with the WTs. Anyone know of a good mud guard that will fit on the Recons?
Sponsored

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
I just put on the Mopar ones yesterday. The description says they are not compatable with rock rails. Maybe you'd have to cut a hole to accomodate the rock rail...
Jeep Wrangler JL Mud Guards for Rubicon Recon IMGL4082.JPG

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a Rubicon Recon on order and was going to go ahead and get mud guards ordered for it. I was ready to buy the WeatherTech no drill flaps, but their website says they will not fit a Recon edition. It did not say that on other sites with the WTs. Anyone know of a good mud guard that will fit on the Recons?
Rock blox

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I just put on the Mopar ones yesterday. The description says they are not compatable with rock rails. Maybe you'd have to cut a hole to accomodate the rock rail...
Jeep Wrangler JL Mud Guards for Rubicon Recon IMGL4082.JPG
I took my rails off, pulled the end caps and cut about 1 1/8“ off the front of each and reinstalled them. You will have to drill a couple of new holes for plastic pop rivets, you’ll see when you install them. Mine have been on for almost 2 years with no problem. The back flaps require total modification and metal pieces put in to move the attachment back further.
Sponsored