MUCH BETTER THEN EXPECTED 29TH OUT OF 32

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Wow surprised jeep is doing so well high up the ladder with all the issues I bought a Toyota LMAO!!

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars-driving/which-car-brands-make-the-best-vehicles/

JEEP CARES! Maybe not so much
A huge portion of their scoring is "road test score", factor in an off road test score and I might actually pay attention to what they have to say. The JL is better on road than any of the previous wranglers, but is still a compromise on the name of off road ability. The interior space is small in comparison to vehicles of similar external dimensions in order to keep the body narrow for tight trails. The solid axles will never handle or ride as comfortably on the road as their independent counterparts. The higher rise height doesn't help the cornering dynamics either. The upright seating position is great for off road visibility, but not nearly as comfortable as the massive lazy boy recliners they put in modern luxury suv's. All of this is obvious. As soon as I see any of those other manufacturers out on the Rubicon trail or holcomb creek in stock form, I might care afar consumer reports has to say.

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
You walk into a Jeep dealer, look at a Wrangler...you either love it or hate it. Not to many people comparison shop for a Wrangler...they are one of a kind and a great seller...one of the best for depreciation as well. Personally, I do not care about where it stands...I love them...on my 3rd nor...had a 95, 2012 and now a 2021. Consumer Reports has its favorites as well...

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR

Sponsored

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
You walk into a Jeep dealer, look at a Wrangler...you either love it or hate it. Not to many people comparison shop for a Wrangler...they are one of a kind and a great seller...one of the best for depreciation as well.
Way back in the day (2003ish) I had heard that the vehicle most often cross shopped with the Wrangler was the Mustang. That's probably not the case anymore with the 4 door, but it does tend to show that for many people the Wrangler was (and in the case of the 2 door probably still is) a second or third vehicle. Something for fun rather than a rational decision like consumer reports tends to be for.

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
So can someone just ban him from the site since he doesn't have a Jeep any longer and only wishes to criticize?
I’ve had periods in my life were I haven’t owned a Jeep but was still browsing the forums because I enjoy them. What’s the point of being on a website just to be negative all the time lmao

Nobody cares about your bloated 4Runner mom suv with IFS🤷🏻‍♂️

SnoWhite

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
In the past, I have driven several Beamers, a Mercedes, my wife‘s Volkswagen... The last car I had was a BMW X3, which always tempted me to go fast, with the result that I might sometimes have gained a few minutes going from A to B, but usually with the result that I was all worked up and sweating, mainly because of other people driving around me, underestimating my speed, having me step on the brakes hard. I sold the X3 two years ago, after having spent several thousand euros on some issues with the automatic transmission, leaving me pretty much p***ed of.

My next „car“ was/is a JLU, and although it is my daily driver, taking me about 70 kilometers to and from work (mainly on the German Autobahn) every day and despite the fact that the possibilities to go off-roading somewhere near my place are less than few, I would never want to trade in the Wrangler! I‘ve driven it for nearly 40,000 kilometers over the last two years now, and it had me smiling every single one of them. I don‘t drive as fast, but arrive way more relaxed. People aren’t jealous about my Jeep (like many used to be about the beamer), but comment it in a positive way, because it’s their childhood dream (just as it was mine). I have never had any „real“ issues, and the little issues couldn’t bother me, because the fun of driving this thing, going topless in summer and all the rest weigh a lot more.

My opinion: either you love the Wrangler (like I do), or you hate it. I couldn’t care less about what some „consumer report“ has to say...

Sponsored

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Wow surprised jeep is doing so well high up the ladder with all the issues I bought a Toyota LMAO!!

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars-driving/which-car-brands-make-the-best-vehicles/

JEEP CARES! Maybe not so much
So you now have a Toyota. That is good. It is a brand I respect a lot due to reliability. We all know a Jeep will never approach the reliability of a Toyota; and honestly maybe nobody else will due to the attention Toyota pays to quality and longevity. So why are we beating a dead horse here? By all means this thread belongs in a Toyota forum I think where the OP can highlight why he went to Toyota from a Jeep.

Last edited:

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
Wranglers come a long way...to compare my 1996 and 2012, my 2021 handles better, rides better, the engine is much smoother and the ergonomics have been tremendously upgraded...ride is comfortable as well and my options are right up there with my BMW...its ok to be a primary car...thats my point. Whatever floats ones boat...I am good either way...I love Jeeps

JJMalone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392, '20 JLR, '00 TRD Tacoma

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
I have a 2019 Tacoma crew cab with a 2" lift from AccuTune, custom tuned 2.5 Fox coilovers and Icon full leaf packs for street/soft ride and 33" tires. Probably have about $6,000 just in suspension parts.
Now I just got a 2021 JLUR and added the 2" Mopar lift (lifted about 3" actually), Falcon 3.3 adjustable shocks, and 37" mud tires. I have less than $3,000 in suspension parts. (If I didn't add the Falcon shocks it would only be $1,200 in suspension parts)
This Jeep rides smoother on the highway, takes corners better, and takes ruts and bumps better than my Toyota. My Tacoma rides very stiff and rough in comparison. It also has more road noise.
The Jeep has about the same amount of room in the front but has more room for the 3 little ones in the back compared to the Tacoma. I can't even fit 1 car seat and 2 booster seats in the back of the Tacoma,. Jeep fits all 3 just fine and there's much more rear floor and leg room, much more.

P.S.
The felt torque and power in my 2.0 Jeep is much better than my V6 Tacoma is. The Jeep blows the doors off the Tacoma. All while also getting better MPG in the Jeep.

SnoWhite

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I hate toyotas. What a wimpy, plain vanilla, uninspiring ride they are. Best for soccer moms though. Time to go pick up the kids, Mom!
I don’t think that we should get at each either here - if he wants to drive a Toyota, just let him.

Personally, I do not really agree with the idea that a Toyota is a „soccer mom vehicle“:

First of - who says that is it a bad thing to be a soccer mom? I am sure that there are many soccer moms out there enjoying their Jeeps on the way to the soccer ground as well as off the road.

Secondly, I would agree with @631_Islander in that Toyotas are much respected vehicles. Toyota is very big in Australia, Africa and South America, many times used in situations where your means of transportation needs to be reliable, above all else.

I would see the big difference somewhere else: In my opinion, Toyotas, just like, unfortunately, many other of today’s vehicles, are lacking something that the Wrangler has preserved over so many decades, which is character. From my point of view, there are not many vehicles out there that have preserved their own character, with all the good and bad. Just look at the new Land Rover Defender, for example: It might still be a capable off-road vehicle (I do not want to go into that, as it’s not my point), but emotion-whise, it’s nothing like before.

From my point of view, the Wrangler still carries lots and lots of (positive) emotions, and we should just be happy about it and let others share in if they want to - and if not, we should just smile to ourselves and leave them be. At least that’s what I do...;)
Sponsored