Sponsored

mpg's on 37's in 2.0

Maxfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0
37 cooper sst pros, kmc machetes, 4.88 gears, 3.5 lift, 17mpg mainly running long commute at 60-65 mph
This is according to the computer.
Sponsored

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
17.3 MPG after 2000+ miles now with a JLU Rubicon with 37” Toyo RT’s & a 2.5” Lift.

702SaharaJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bikini Blue
I know this is an old thread, but I was curious to see what everyone else was getting.

I have Mickey Thompson Baja Boss 37s on the 2" Mopar lift. I've been right around 18 MPG. Which was about the same I was getting stock, so I'm pretty happy.

My buddy has a JTR on MT Baja MTZ's and he only gets about 13-14 MPG..

We measured the tires and the Baja Boss's are almost a true 37" while the MTZ was a little over 35." Both are really good tires...I think I'll go play in the dirt today.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
I know this is an old thread, but I was curious to see what everyone else was getting.

I have Mickey Thompson Baja Boss 37s on the 2" Mopar lift. I've been right around 18 MPG. Which was about the same I was getting stock, so I'm pretty happy.

We measured the tires and the Baja Boss's are almost a true 37" while the MTZ was a little over 35." Both are really good tires...I think I'll go play in the dirt today.
I just got the same lift and tires on my 2021 JLUR and getting the same mpg. Today I almost got 20 mpg while doing my normal 50 mile round trip commute through down town and interstate.

AlanO

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

I’m thinking about getting some 37“ Baja Bosses... How do you like them? How’s the on-road noise level? How’s the snow traction?

Thanks!

Sponsored

Datjeeptho

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Curious how many have regeared after going to 37s with the 2.0 turbo.

I’m looking at a lift and tires and can’t decide between 37s and 35s. I don’t have the money to regear and have other upgrades I’d rather do anyway before that would happen, if ever.

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

I’m looking at a lift and tires and can’t decide between 37s and 35s. I don’t have the money to regear and have other upgrades I’d rather do anyway before that would happen, if ever.
IMO if you have a rubicon with the 4.10's then youll be fine on 37's. Thats what I have and dont have one complaint at all.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I’m getting about 22-23 highway with 40’s and 1 tons with 4.88’s .....

And the 3.0 EcoDiesel 😈

702SaharaJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bikini Blue
I’m thinking about getting some 37“ Baja Bosses... How do you like them? How’s the on-road noise level? How’s the snow traction?

Thanks!
Ive only taken it in the snow once when we got a little dump..It was ok, but I didn't air down or anything. Off road in the rocks and dirt they're amazing! It eats whatever obstacle I've thrown at it.
On the road it's not bad at all. You get some tire noise on the road but it's more like what an A/T sounds like. Overall I'm really happy with them.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military

Thanks!

I have a set of these in FL. They are a good bit quieter and smoother on the highway compared to Cooper STT Pros I had on before. I've also had KO2s and Ridge Grapplers. The KO2 were the best mannered. The RGs were a close second and the Boss are right next to the RGs. They are also very good in the rain. I haven't had a chance to take them off road yet.

Sponsored

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military

I don't feel that it's needed at all in my JLUR with 4.10s. I'm still surprised at how good the acceleration is, especially at higher speeds. I'm sure the awesome transmission we have is a lot to do with how well it pulls with larger tires. I have a buddy here that has 40s with his 2.0t JLUR. He says it pulls fine but like me, he put the big tires on before he took it home. We have no comparison to stock tires. I can say that I also have a 2019 V6 Tacoma on 33s. This Jeep on 37s pulls and accelerates like crazy compared to the Tacoma. I also have better MPG with the JLUR.

Last edited:

HONK

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Im going to assume all these high 16 to 20 MPG are all living in 365 days a year warm states of the US. Im in Canada with a 2021 Rubicon 2.0T with stock 4.10 gearing, 3.5inch lift and 37x13.5r17 STT Pros and my average is 12.6mpg in winter time (-20C/-4F). Tryin to figure if its the temp difference thats killing me or not. I was getting 600km to a tank with my 37x12.5r17 Wildpeak AT3W tires near the begining of winter but swapped just a couple weeks ago to the STT Pros.

Last edited:

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I mean switching from ATs to MTs on my 2.0 2019 I had on its own dropped my mpg 4 mpg — same tire size.
Sponsored