Sponsored

MP Concepts Forged Aluminum Front Bumper?

BCool

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tuscadero Sahara 4xe
How much did you all pay for this bumper? When looking last year, I swear I saw it somewhere around $750 regular price and $600 on sale. Am I misremembering? Now it's listed at $943 "market price" and marked down to $820.

If anyone else on this thread bought the MP Aluminum Bumper and didn't use the winch plate installation hardware, please let me know! I want to buy the pair of winch plate brackets from you. (See pic for the specific parts. Backstory on why I'm looking is here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...k-off-pretty-legit.47692/page-40#post-1884310) Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 9.02.43 AM.png
I'm ordering soon and will be happy to sell these...
Sponsored

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
I'm looking at this too - '21 JLUR. A few questions:

1. How difficult would it be to add the winch after the fact?
2. For those that have a winch, any detection of sag on a JLUR? I'm guessing it's an overall weight gain of 100 lbs or so (15 for the bumper roughly, 85 for a winch).

I'd just get the metal Rubi bumper but I'd like to keep weight down and make sure it doesn't sag either.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking at this too - '21 JLUR. A few questions:

1. How difficult would it be to add the winch after the fact?
2. For those that have a winch, any detection of sag on a JLUR? I'm guessing it's an overall weight gain of 100 lbs or so (15 for the bumper roughly, 85 for a winch).

I'd just get the metal Rubi bumper but I'd like to keep weight down and make sure it doesn't sag either.
Shouldn't be too difficult to add the winch later. For the weight, the bumper and winch mounting plate are closer to 40-45 lbs.

Jeepin Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I like mine, it was a pain to install, but overall i am very happy with it, is it perfect? No, is it better looking than the factory plastic? Yes. For the light weight benefits and the looks I think you could do worse. I think anything can be picked apart, and reviews, some have an agenda, some are trying to create a following, and god knows people love to watch negativity, just watch the news. Go look at some folks that own the product, if painting a bumper when it gets scratched is a big issue to you, you may find any painted or powder coated product will require that at some point.

IMG_5268.JPEG
Hey, where did you get the bull bar for this bumper?

Sponsored

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
Has anyone mounted this recently and had the winch plate fit a JLUR without cutting? Just debating the cost savings/aluminum build vs. just going OEM or with the Rugged Ridge Arcus.

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
I really like the OEM look. I debated getting this MB aluminum bumper, but opted to go the stock steel route. I saw a number of the comments centering around two areas; fitment issues, and quality of powder coating.
I'm sure the fitment can easily be overcome with a little finesse, but the several comments about the thin powder coat of the MB bumper finally steered me towards the stocker.
The MB aluminum alternative is attractive for weight savings, but I have no winch plans, so I'm not too concerned with the steel bumpers weight (especially since I'll be running stubby mode).
Bottom line, for the OEM look, you really can't do better than stock for fitment, IMO, and their powder coating is fairly good too.

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
I really like the OEM look. I debated getting this MB aluminum bumper, but opted to go the stock steel route. I saw a number of the comments centering around two areas; fitment issues, and quality of powder coating.
I'm sure the fitment can easily be overcome with a little finesse, but the several comments about the thin powder coat of the MB bumper finally steered me towards the stocker.
The MB aluminum alternative is attractive for weight savings, but I have no winch plans, so I'm not too concerned with the steel bumpers weight (especially since I'll be running stubby mode).
Bottom line, for the OEM look, you really can't do better than stock for fitment, IMO, and their powder coating is fairly good too.
Yeah, I'm running stubby, so some weight savings there, but I will probably add a winch.

I'm thinking with the MP Concepts being $900 by the time I get it here with taxes and all, and the OEM Stubby being around $850, then $300 for the skid, and $250 for the winch plate. It's roughly a $500 difference.

The other option being the Rugged Ridge Arcus at around $750 for everything.

My main concern is longevity and rust (I'm in sand basically 250 days a year), everything typically rusts at some point.

LatteSipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Sahara 6MT, '23 Highlander
For those that have had this bumper installed for awhile, how is it holding up? It’s at the top of my list.

I’d prefer to buy one made in the US, but all of those options seem to be stubby or have a lot of facets…OEM look and lightweight for the win.

Thanks.

Smcdowell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
For those that have had this bumper installed for awhile, how is it holding up? It’s at the top of my list.

I’d prefer to buy one made in the US, but all of those options seem to be stubby or have a lot of facets…OEM look and lightweight for the win.

Thanks.
Mine is holding up great. As others have mentioned, the powder coating is not the GREATEST, but mine wasn't bad to begin with and has definitely held up well. I did have to cut out a section of the winch plate to fit on my diesel Rubicon but that was easy. I would buy it again if I had to do it over again.

Sponsored

Birdsong

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wangler, 2021 Silverado Z71

Thanks.
Mine is holding up great as well. I’d happily buy it again.

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD
I recently installed the bumper and winch plate on my diesel Rubicon Gladiator (though AFAIK the whole front clip is exactly the same as the Wrangler, so should apply the same here)

The swaybar disconnect definitely interferes, and I had to spend an hour with a crappy saber saw to cut clearance. But it worked.

Weird thing is, on the opposite side (driver side) there's a crescent-shaped cutout to make room for... nothing. There's nothing at all mounted where that cutout is. I think they flipped a part drawing somewhere, and have never fixed it in all this time. Pics attached, all looking from the bottom side of the winch plate (first two bottom-up on the ground, third mounted on the Jeep looking up from the ground)

Jeep Wrangler JL MP Concepts Forged Aluminum Front Bumper? IMG_8952

Jeep Wrangler JL MP Concepts Forged Aluminum Front Bumper? IMG_8953

Jeep Wrangler JL MP Concepts Forged Aluminum Front Bumper? IMG_8954

SpaceCase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
Mine is doing great. Just installed my winch in it. I have had it several months.
Jeep Wrangler JL MP Concepts Forged Aluminum Front Bumper? IMG_8954
How did you get such a clean look on the fairlead? Every picture I see shows holes all around it. Looks great!

Birdsong

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wangler, 2021 Silverado Z71