Sponsored

Moving Jeep While Door is Ajar - Trans Goes to Park???

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Tried this several times. Works in D, still locks up in R.

1. Get in vehicle and put your seat belt on before pushing the start button
2. Push the start button twice (to "Run"), but do not actually start the vehicle (keep your foot off the brake).
3. Once the Jeep is "on", you'll see the seat belt warning indicator on the display. It'll stay lit for a couple seconds. As soon as it turns off, quickly disconnect and reconnect the seat belt at least three separate times.
4. Turn of the Jeep.
Sponsored

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Happened to me going about 15-20mph. Opened to door to spit. Damn thing screeched to a stop. Let's see how long my transmission lasts now.
i did the same thing in our 19 honda pilot. i told the wife the same thing after she screamed at me lol @cosmokenney

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Hmm, my husband and I were doing some stuff yesterday in the Jeep with our doors open and no seat belts buckled. He put it in reverse and I told him it wouldn't go anywhere. Well, it sure did move and there were no alarms. :movember: I was just surprised because everyone said it wouldn't move. :giggle:

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I am not sure if there is a difference in the one that you have and the on in the link (mini) but it is listed in the description that it will Enable/Disable/Change Parksense configuration.

Here is a link to a video showing how to disable it if that helps as it may be buried in the settings.

Interesting, I saw that option but there's no info in the instructions about it. I disabled it this morning and it seems to work for me. Thanks.

Sponsored

DanT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Interesting, I saw that option but there's no info in the instructions about it. I disabled it this morning and it seems to work for me. Thanks.
That is great, Casey250 deserves the props. Glad it worked

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Hmm, my husband and I were doing some stuff yesterday in the Jeep with our doors open and no seat belts buckled. He put it in reverse and I told him it wouldn't go anywhere. Well, it sure did move and there were no alarms. :movember: I was just surprised because everyone said it wouldn't move. :giggle:
TMI

Powerwagon1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1982 Jeep CJ5, 2017 Powerwagon
Happened to me going about 15-20mph. Opened to door to spit. Damn thing screeched to a stop. Let's see how long my transmission lasts now.
Same here, Opened the door backing into a parking spot to check how close to the curb I was getting and it slammed into park. I thought - Great that was good on the trans parking pawl. Nothing like ripping park out of a new auto trans.

Powerwagon1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1982 Jeep CJ5, 2017 Powerwagon
Just wondering if anyone knows how the 8sp. auto goes into park ? Is it an internal lock on the gearing or like the older autos with a pin to the flywheel teeth ? I figure someone will find out soon enough by winching in park with no brakes on or has this already happened ? What do you guys think ?

Sponsored

First Name
Elgin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep rubicon jl
So is there an update of some sort that changed the seatbelt requirement for auto park ? I’ve recently had my jl updated and I took the doors and top off and I put the vehicle in drive with no seatbelt and it allowed me to drive it showed the vehicle not in park message but didn’t go to auto park. And I checked the auto park to make sure it work. In my driveway I just lifted up off the seat a little in drive and it went into auto park so I know that it works

First Name
Elgin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep rubicon jl
Did the same thing But I got the vehicle not in park message but thats it. The car moved just fine I was wondering if something was wrong

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
RTFM...lol!
Here are all the conditions that cause Autopark to engage.

Jeep Wrangler JL Moving Jeep While Door is Ajar - Trans Goes to Park??? CFA66D2D-406F-4AB3-A466-CB1F73C1AC9C
Sponsored