Sponsored

Moving Jeep While Door is Ajar - Trans Goes to Park???

terryb

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
There is a manual park release in front of the shifter hidden under a cover. Pulling the cord will put the car into neutral even if the door is open, foot off brake and seatbelt off. Not sure if the engine has to be off for this to work or not.

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
Mine doesn’t do this. I can shift into drive and then open the door and continue to move. I do it when pulling into the garage to see how close the tires are to the wall. Never once has the jeep auto parked. Just a chime and dash message saying the door is open.

MotoMax

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Grandcherokee
Occupation
Do nothing bum Retired
Thanks ForeOSU. I'll give your recipe a try.
It can be such a pain when hooking the boat up. Sometimes needing to get in and out of the Jeep multiple times moving the Jeep back and forth trying to get the coupler to drop onto the ball. All the while getting reprimanded because the door is open!

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Happened to me going about 15-20mph. Opened to door to spit. Damn thing screeched to a stop. Let's see how long my transmission lasts now.

Sponsored

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
Go to junkyard, find male end of a seat belt that will fit, cut it loose and pay for it. Use it to drive with when you don’t want to wear belt. Not that I would condone such activity.

Dauron

First Name
Darek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR 2019, Nissan Qashqai+2 2012
I noticed that "feature" long ago, but thought that it just goes to neutral (without the break)... recently I have learned the hard way that it is triggering the parking breaks too.
I have been tensioning my new winch on a flat surface on *neutral* gear and was hopping in and out of the Jeep to check if everything is spooling right. I have realized that something is wrong when the Jeep started to lean forward and the crappy winch plate (that was included with my aftermarket bumper) has bent (it had no mounting points at the back end of the plate). The wheels made a 0.5 meter groove in the ground too.
I have replaced it with the Rugged Ridge Spartacus plate which doesn't have that design defect (but required me to relocate the ride height sensors to the far right of the stabilizer bar).

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
It's the Anton Yelchin safety feature. The actor that was run over and killed by his Jeep when he thought it was in park. Just live with it is what he would say if he was alive.
I had that shifter. He had the same model Grand Cherokee as we did. It’s not the same as what we have in the Wrangler. That return to center type was a sketchy design, for sure. It fooled me a couple of times when we first bought it. Regardless, FCA legal decided it was best for everyone to get it. It’s lame with our traditional shifter.

Sponsored

DanT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
I have a Tazer and nowhere in the instructions does it talk about disabling the AutoPark functionality. Is there a secret?
I am not sure if there is a difference in the one that you have and the on in the link (mini) but it is listed in the description that it will Enable/Disable/Change Parksense configuration.

Here is a link to a video showing how to disable it if that helps as it may be buried in the settings.

JMurph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
The cheapest way is to fasten the seat belt before you get in. Pet stores have seat belt to dog collar unit, to tether your dog to a seat belt. That’s what I use. You can get a seat belt clip from Amazon, as mentioned in this thread. As the OP has mentioned, for those of you asking why, hooking up a trailer may require you to get out several times to check your position.

B56B0CAA-1E82-483C-A7D3-A1BDD7E8E8C8.jpeg
Sponsored