Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Dog gone... sorry for your loss. For me it was an easy call... I have a JLR 2dr on order. Need a toad for our RV so weight is a critical issue, we are empty nesters, and we have a nice large BMW sedan for long road trips if we are not RVing and/or taking another couple on a ride. I already know my first 'mod' will be removing the back seat. I have to say though, the friend rides and test rides I have had, the 2dr has been more fun.
Sponsored

OP
OP
cram501

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Thanks for all of the input. I'm weighing my options and deciding what I want to do. I'm not in a rush so I may take a day or a month or more to really decide.

The_Irish_Weaver

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S - 2-door - Manual
first off super sorry about losing your dogs....thats the worst!

i have to say the storage in the 2 door is really not as bad as youd think - especially when you take the rear seat out (which is sooooo easy to do) - you can get trailer hitch cargo racks or roof racks for the hard top for additional cargo down the line if you feel you need it......but

the handling, the turning, the look of it, and the added pep from the reduced weight / size are simply awesome. Its FUNNNNNNNNNNN and when you hit the gas - it GOES!!!!!

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Thanks for all of the input. I'm weighing my options and deciding what I want to do. I'm not in a rush so I may take a day or a month or more to really decide.
Sorry to hear they went over the rainbow bridge. But instead of ditching the wheels, why not take in a new pup or two?

OP
OP
cram501

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Sorry to hear they went over the rainbow bridge. But instead of ditching the wheels, why not take in a new pup or two?
I plan on getting another dog. It really is a matter of when. I've had at least one dog around for 30+ years. It's weird not having one in the house.

The loss of both got me thinking about the two door again.

Sponsored

EugenesAJeep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
I really like my 2019 Moab. I was originally going to get a 2 door but decided more room was better with my two dogs. I lost them both over the last 18 months so I'm thinking of downsizing to a 2 door Rubicon.

There has to be a thread discussing this but I couldn't find it.

I've owned a Jeep of some type for the last 30 years but they have all been Cherokees, Grand Cherokees, and Wrangler Unlimited. Barring the current supply chain issues, any good/bad info I should be aware of?
If it’s just you and 1 other most all the time you should be ok. Not a whole lot a room in my 2 door but just enough.

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I plan on getting another dog. It really is a matter of when. I've had at least one dog around for 30+ years. It's weird not having one in the house.

The loss of both got me thinking about the two door again.
However since you have a Mojito, cant think of a good color that would be adequate to match if you were to go to a 2 door. Heck ya could get a basicly basic Tuscadero 2dr just for fun if the funds were not an option. I would totally be bummed to get rid of my Punk'n.

As for dogs, I'm sure a lot of the 4 leg owners on here could relate. And 30+ is a long time for man's best friend. The way they show their affection and talk to us is amazing between species. I know once my 2 pups pass or close to it, ill get another. I cant take care of all dogs, but ill give the best life to the ones I can while I walk this rock with the finanical means to do so.

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Sorry about your doggies. I have a 2dr which I got several months ago. Sometimes, I am second guessing my choice , if I should have gotten the 4dr instead. Maybe we’re just never happy? Lol

OP
OP
cram501

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
However since you have a Mojito, cant think of a good color that would be adequate to match if you were to go to a 2 door. Heck ya could get a basicly basic Tuscadero 2dr just for fun if the funds were not an option. I would totally be bummed to get rid of my Punk'n.
Yeah, I'm not real happy with the current color choices. I don't dislike them but I really like the Mojito and I really liked Punkn. To be honest, I'm not man enough to drive around in Tuscadero.

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
I think you need two more dogs.

Sponsored

Eduardo909

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL MOAB
I too had a 19 MOAB and now have a 2 door JL Rubicon. Other than the ridiculous small amount of rear space without removing/folding the rear seat it is definitely better in almost every other way. More fun to drive around and easier to keep clean since there is less Jeep.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Great question. Youre gonna hear from a lot of JLU owners demonizing the 2 door. Or a bunch of 2 door owners trying to justify their choice.

The reality is that honestly it is only you who can decide. this is an enthusiast forum and people are very opinionated. Also you'll hear things you would never hear from the average person. People overthinking stuff, complaining about seat comfort, funky steering, etc... you get the idea.

Go test drive one and open the rear gate and look at the storage area. Then decide for yourself if you can/want to live with the obvious disadvantage of the 2 door Jeep. Works for some, but not for others. I love the 2 door.
Fully agree. Also, note that the 2dr’s rear seat easily lifts out. Mine came out when I brought the Jeep home and it will stay in the basement for as long as I have the Jeep. Just the wife and I and the pup. Plenty of room for the three of us. We use ours as a “run about” locally, for a bit of off road exploring, and as a toad behind the RV. Works great for those uses. If I was hauling more people consistently or using it for long highway trips I might have chosen something different

ClubKenny

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 2 Door
First, let me say, sorry to hear about your pups.

Second, you can't go wrong with a 2 door. You have a bunch of storage with the seat out, and plenty with the seat flipped forward.

It's terribly fun, zipping around in traffic, being able to park anywhere. On the few trails I took my last 2 door on, it was just a breeze making some of those turns.

Just depends on what you want to do. Rent one on TURO for the weekend, see what you think.

For me and the wife, the rubicon is everything I would need in a jeep.

OP
OP
cram501

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
I haven't made up my mind yet although I am leaning in that direction. I appreciate everyones advice and opinions.
Sponsored