Moving along in production!

CMontgomery93

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wranger JLU Sport S
So today my wife was talking with Jeep Chat and got some awesome news. On Friday it was tracking D1 and had been in that status for 21 days. Today they said the vehicle was built and had moved into I which is pending final inspection.

Does anyone have knowledge of or know how long it’ll spend in the following stages before being shipped to us?

TIA
Sponsored

C7-JL

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 911 GTS, 18 ZR2, 18 JLU Rubicon, 18 Road King Special, 17 Monster 1200R
So today my wife was talking with Jeep Chat and got some awesome news. On Friday it was tracking D1 and had been in that status for 21 days. Today they said the vehicle was built and had moved into I which is pending final inspection.

Does anyone have knowledge of or know how long it’ll spend in the following stages before being shipped to us?

TIA
It's a crap shoot. Took mine about 12 weeks to get to California, and others have waited longer while others waited a lot less for orders placed in the same time window.

My JL sat waiting for a train for a month in Ohio, then showed up here in California 2.5 weeks ago. I talked to my salesman this weekend about some other things and for fun he looked and the status STILL says it is sitting in Ohio, so Jeep is clueless where their $50k vehicles really are.

With asset management skills like this, no wonder FCA is in trouble. :cwl:

Good luck, it will be worth it when your JL shows up, we love ours. I thought I might be sorry to see my JKU Hard Rock go, but I haven't thought twice about it since the JL is so much nicer.

Budagreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door Turbo, 2012 BMW 328i, 1999 Miata, 38' Fleetwood Expedition RV
Mine finally moved from D1 (Friday) to J (finished QC) today. Jeep hotline (866/362-2146) estimates ready for shipment this week and hit my dealer late next week!
They have been really helpful.

JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU 2014, Jeep JK 2015, Jeep JLU on order!
Occupation
Jeep® Wranger Soft Goods Manufacturer
Mine finally moved from D1 (Friday) to J (finished QC) today. Jeep hotline (866/362-2146) estimates ready for shipment this week and hit my dealer late next week!
They have been really helpful.
I ordered my Jeep 4/19. Build completed 4/29. Sitting in Alorton since 5/5 and there is where he still sits today... :angry:

C7-JL

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 911 GTS, 18 ZR2, 18 JLU Rubicon, 18 Road King Special, 17 Monster 1200R
I ordered my Jeep 4/19. Build completed 4/29. Sitting in Alorton since 5/5 and there is where he still sits today... :angry:
Be prepared for a potential wait.... depending if they have caught up or not yet.

I ordered mine on 02/09 and it was built on 03/09 and "shipped" to the train yard on 03/12 with an ETA of 03/31.

It sat there until magically it showed up on 05/03 and I took delivery on 05/05. They still think it is in Ohio, or gave up on updating it after 03/18.

Sponsored

JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU 2014, Jeep JK 2015, Jeep JLU on order!
Occupation
Jeep® Wranger Soft Goods Manufacturer
Be prepared for a potential wait.... depending if they have caught up or not yet.

I ordered mine on 02/09 and it was built on 03/09 and "shipped" to the train yard on 03/12 with an ETA of 03/31.

It sat there until magically it showed up on 05/03 and I took delivery on 05/05. They still think it is in Ohio, or gave up on updating it after 03/18.
Thanks... I have resigned myself to waiting. But not having a soft top to protype with is SO frustrating!! :crying:

JCMagnum

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Ordered mine on Feb 23 and just made it to D1 status, hitting production on May 29. Build is a black 2-door Rubicon with soft top.

Looking at the other posts on this forum it sounds like it's still going to be a long wait...

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I ordered a small item for my JL Rubi from eBay for $3.50, free shipping. I could track it more than once a day on its journey from California to MInnesota, even as it got sidetracked for a couple of days in Chicago! If only, FCA would swallow their pride and ask for help on how to track their $50K shipments.
Sponsored