Sponsored

Movement while starting in Park?

• Thread starter Deleted member 73239
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Deleted member 73239

Apologies if this has been posted before but I couldn’t find anything when I searched.
I have a 2020 JLUR 3.6 automatic with 11,000 miles. I’ve noticed particularly on a cold start that when I press the start button, the jeep seems to move forward a little bit like it’s not completely in Park. Could this be a problem with the torque converter? Or has anyone else experienced this? Normal or a know issue? TIA
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It’s not in neutral, it’s in park. There is some slight back and forth movement between all the different gear sets involved in the drivetrain.

OP
OP

Deleted member 73239

It’s not in neutral, it’s in park. There is some slight back and forth movement between all the different gear sets involved in the drivetrain.
good catch, I corrected my boo boo THX

OP
OP

Deleted member 73239

Just curious if anyone has experienced this or has any other thoughts? I really don’t want to go to the dealership and have them tell me it’s normal.
In Park I press the start button and the Jeep seems to move forward about a half inch. I mainly notice it when the engine is cold sitting flat in my garage.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Gonna need a video from outside the vehicle to see what you mean. Are you not holding the brake when you start? Movement should be impossible.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 73239

Gonna need a video from outside the vehicle to see what you mean. Are you not holding the brake when you start? Movement should be impossible.
it’s pretty suttle so I don’t think anything would show up in a video. You are correct, foot on the brake but you just feel the Jeep move forward a bit. My Ram (Cummins) and Durango (also 3.6L) are also automatics with push button start but I don’t feel any movement with them while starting. Just feels odd

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Are you sure you aren't feeling an engine or transmission mount with a bit of slack in it?
Sponsored