psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
I had just returned from a vacation where I drove my Jeep with a small trailer from California to Wyoming and back with a stop over in Elko, Nevada both ways. We got back Saturday and yesterday I was going to get the keys to unlock the hitch out of the glove box and as I opened it, there was a mouse starring back at me. I'll be honest, it scared the crap out of me! When it saw me, it went deeper into the glove box. I got some gloves and the wife with a trash bag and removed the glove box and dumped it into the trash bag. The mouse was not in bag! It must have escaped when I went to get the gloves. I put traps out last night, no luck. At least I found a way to keep my wife out of the Jeep.
Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Rodents are common in RV's and vehicles. I had a Wyoming Wood Rat take up residence under the hood of my RV and only found it once back home in California also. Peanut butter in a trap ended it's road trip.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I had just returned from a vacation where I drove my Jeep with a small trailer from California to Wyoming and back with a stop over in Elko, Nevada both ways. We got back Saturday and yesterday I was going to get the keys to unlock the hitch out of the glove box and as I opened it, there was a mouse starring back at me. I'll be honest, it scared the crap out of me! When it saw me, it went deeper into the glove box. I got some gloves and the wife with a trash bag and removed the glove box and dumped it into the trash bag. The mouse was not in bag! It must have escaped when I went to get the gloves. I put traps out last night, no luck. At least I found a way to keep my wife out of the Jeep.
@psdtime

This Summer, I found a 4' Black Snake sleeping in the engine compartment of my JL.

Presently, I have fairly heavy gauge plastic netting over top of the air box intake, to prevent Chipmunks from getting into / living in my air box.. I kill them as soon as a new one comes to roost so to speak.

Last Summer, I killed/electrocuted 17 chipmunks that were in the vicinity / passing by my parked JL.

Also, last Summer had a pair of these that fell in love with my JL....
Jeep Wrangler JL Mouse in glove box! 20180521_113337

Last edited:
OP
OP
psdtime

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Rodents are common in RV's and vehicles. I had a Wyoming Wood Rat take up residence in my RV and only found it once home in California. Peanut butter in a trap ended it's stay.
Yeah, I have had mouse problems in my RV. I read somewhere that they hate Irish Spring soap so I have about a dozen boxes of it around the RV and it seems to work. I think I was most shocked because we just spent 15-20hrs in that Jeep over the last two days. I couldn't believe it was in there. Not sure how I'm going to determine that it is gone.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I have had mouse problems in my RV. I read somewhere that they hate Irish Spring soap so I have about a dozen boxes of it around the RV and it seems to work. I think I was most shocked because we just spent 15-20hrs in that Jeep over the last two days. I couldn't believe it was in there. Not sure how I'm going to determine that it is gone.
@psdtime

Sure fire way to tell f it is still in there..

Have your Wife, sleep in the JL tonight... :CWL:

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I have an old thread called Mouse Like Jeeps Too and this is what I started that thread with...
--------------
Mice like the woods, mice like camping, mice like Jeeps.
Decided to sleep in the Jeep to see how comfy it would be, Mr. Mouse had the same idea. Early in the morning Mr. Mouse says "SURPRISE!" six inches from my face to which I reply "$HIT!" and fly two feet in the air backwards.
Mr. Mouse says I like it here, I'm not leaving. Later that day we take all four doors off and go for a ride. Mr Mouse says "SURPRISE!, gonna run across your wife's foot as you go down the road!". Mrs. Wife says "SHREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!" as Mr. Husband almost drives off road. Mr. Husband sets traps that night. Mr. Mouse licks peanut butter off said traps four times while pooping on Mr. Jeep's carpet. Ahhhh, five times a charm. Mr. Mouse's C3 vertebrae met Mr. Trap's high velocity steel bar... no more Mr. Mouse.
------------------

When I went to change the cabin filter months later that little pecker had already done a unmber on it chewing it all up in the few hours he lived there. I'd check your filter.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
No mice here; just a huge explosion in the citrus rat population the last two years. Fortunately, they haven’t breached into the cabins of our Jeeps yet. They have been in both engine compartments though. Parking them away from the barn and shop seems to limit their exploration of our Jeeps.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
When I was a kid, our house had a mouse problem. I was with my grandmother when I saw a mouse scurry across the counter. My grandmother, who grew up in the 1930s in a second world country, grabbed it with her bare hand and crushed it to death. If she were still alive, I'd send her your way to take care of your issue.

You can buy peppermint spray to try to ward it off. Mice hate that. Where do you keep your Jeep? I'd leave it outside (rather than your garage). Last thing you need is that thing to infiltrate your home.

Sponsored

OP
OP
psdtime

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
When I was a kid, our house had a mouse problem. I was with my grandmother when I saw a mouse scurry across the counter. My grandmother, who grew up in the 1930s in a second world country, grabbed it with her bare hand and crushed it to death. If she were still alive, I'd send her your way to take care of your issue.

You can buy peppermint spray to try to ward it off. Mice hate that. Where do you keep your Jeep? I'd leave it outside (rather than your garage). Last thing you need is that thing to infiltrate your home.
Yes, she sounds much tougher than I. It is parked outside. I think that this is probably my one and only mouse at this point. I saw one about 15 feet from my Jeep at the house I was staying at in Wyoming. I wanted to show it to my daughter (5yo) since she loves animals and insects but it casually walked away before I could get her. Maybe it thought we seemed nice and wanted to check out California and hitched a ride. When I catch it, it's going to regret the move!

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Next time add a warning to the headline, I just choked on my M&M's.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Killed them? A little bit extreme isn’t it?
@5ABI

In the last month, a neighbor just down the street, had $800 damage to his Chevy truck and $100 damage to a Honda car.... Chipmunks chewed up his fuel lines on each..... So far, this year , the Chipmunks are leaving my place alone.

Yes, killed 17 Chipmunks, last Summer.... they were doing lots of damage. I had to reduce the population of them. Killed them quickly and humanely via electrocution.

No, I did not kill the 2 baby foxes... They hung around my JL for weeks.... and then moved on.
They thought my friggin JL was their Momma.

For the record, I have stocked, feeders out all Winter, to feed Squirrels, Chipmunks, Deer, racoon, possum, etc. I spend lots of $, each Winter feeding the critters. IF, I'm not at this residence, I actually pay a guy to just come by and put the feed out...
Sponsored