Mounting Points for DIY Hardtop Hoist?

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Can anyone help me locate where the hooks go on the hardtop for hoisting with ratchets on the JL??? All videos I’ve seen have them fitting/hooking into rear window wiring covers (non JL) and bolt hole top side of hardtop for front side -

The rear is the hardest part as only one said the lifted it slightly and hooked it from bottom
Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Forward most points should be at angle in front of rear window, fairly intuitive. Rear points should be your Topsy brackets ;-)

20180603_204814.jpg

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Can anyone help me locate where the hooks go on the hardtop for hoisting with ratchets on the JL??? All videos I’ve seen have them fitting/hooking into rear window wiring covers (non JL) and bolt hole top side of hardtop for front side -

The rear is the hardest part as only one said the lifted it slightly and hooked it from bottom
Look for my post on 07/12-13/2019. My pictures show the 2 straps on the left side (front left and rear left) hook to each other inside the top. The 2 straps on the right (front right and rear right) hook to each other inside the top as well. I used a 12.5" piece of "pool noodle" to cushion each of the 4 corners. I was afraid just hooking the end of the ratchet strap to each corner would snap the corner off.
Sponsored