Sponsored

Mounting Options: 2 air compressors plus air tank

pmaraziti

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anybody has installed 2 high capacity air compressors (e.g. like ARB Twin) plus an air tank in your Jeep ?

if so, any chance to share your mounting setup ?
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Not a great community spirit my friend. Thanks anyway for trying to help.... ;)
Uhh, I'm genuinely curious as to why though........I have never seen a double setup with tank.

Edit: so, reading your history, you want to be able to air up faster in the Dubai sun.
So, why don't you install an Arb twin in the engine compartment and one under passenger seat. There are a couple companies that make mounts for this. Then, get a couple dual airline hoses and run from each compressor. You could probably air up all 4 in about 5 min.

Personally though, I would probably just install a Powertank and use a 4 Tire inflator/deflator and be aired up super quick. Downside is you need to get that Powertank filled.

Last edited:

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 SRT Challenger. 18 4Runner off-road premium.
The only way to make this quick is a high pressure tank. Even if you mount a twin and and air tank with a distribution manifold you’ll be waiting 20 mins with 35” tires. My friends rig is setup this way. And he still takes a long time.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
The only way to make this quick is a high pressure tank. Even if you mount a twin and and air tank with a distribution manifold you’ll be waiting 20 mins with 35” tires. My friends rig is setup this way. And he still takes a long time.
That seems slow. I can air up (15psi to 32psi) with my shitty portable compressor in about 20 min all 4 at once. Even the Smittybilt compressor can get me down to about 10 min.
Even with beadlocks at 5psi to 30psi shouldn't be that long with an Arb Twin, no?

OP
OP

pmaraziti

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Uhh, I'm genuinely curious as to why though........I have never seen a double setup with tank.

Edit: so, reading your history, you want to be able to air up faster in the Dubai sun.
So, why don't you install an Arb twin in the engine compartment and one under passenger seat. There are a couple companies that make mounts for this. Then, get a couple dual airline hoses and run from each compressor. You could probably air up all 4 in about 5 min.

Personally though, I would probably just install a Powertank and use a 4 Tire inflator/deflator and be aired up super quick. Downside is you need to get that Powertank filled.
thanks, now genuinely

the engine bay installation is prone to overhear the compressor , in our climate which is indeed peculiar, it causes problem

I have one comp under the copilot seat and I am told (didn’t verify that) that if a put a second compressor under the driver seat, that seat won’t be able to be lowered (height adjustment )

so curious about other choices the fellow Jeepers have adopted. I looked at Powertank… the distributor highlighted on their page have stopped the import (so jealous of my American friends and there usually higher abundance of choice in America) and a friend that tested here ended up adding 1 hour round trip every two weeks or so for refilling which less widely available again

a friend went through a double Viair with huge tank but maybe the community has more experience….

OP
OP

pmaraziti

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That seems slow. I can air up (15psi to 32psi) with my shitty portable compressor in about 20 min all 4 at once. Even the Smittybilt compressor can get me down to about 10 min.
Even with beadlocks at 5psi to 30psi shouldn't be that long with an Arb Twin, no?
Yes, i am also thinking the same and maybe my comp is to for a bit maintenance ….

OP
OP

pmaraziti

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks ! I need to check if it'd fit my 392, the boot compartment is way shallower than my previous JLU....

Sponsored

JEEP4U

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I utilize a DV8 ARB Twin Compressor mount with a custom aluminum heat deflector and (1) 1.25 gal aluminum seamless tank; mounted behind transfer case. For additional air capacity, I also mounted (2) .5 gal aluminum seamless tanks between steel rocker guard sliders and frame (below front doors).

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting Options: 2 air compressors plus air tank 1664379433132

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting Options: 2 air compressors plus air tank 1664379538263

Last edited:
OP
OP

pmaraziti

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I utilize a DV8 ARB Twin Compressor mount with a custom aluminum heat deflector and (1) 1.25 gal aluminum seamless tank; mounted behind transfer case. For additional air capacity, I also mounted (2) .5 gal aluminum seamless tanks between steel rocker guard sliders and frame (below front doors).

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting Options: 2 air compressors plus air tank C7FF713B-9AEF-4D9D-A768-418BB18990D8

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting Options: 2 air compressors plus air tank C7FF713B-9AEF-4D9D-A768-418BB18990D8
Nice

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Innovative AT Products đź‘Ś

Hook up the hoses and you don’t have to babysit at all. Jump back in the Jeep and sit in the AC until the pressure valve pops off and you’re done. It airs my 37s from 6psi to street pressure in 6 minutes with a single ARB twin. All 4 tires are exactly the same pressure and you can adjust the pressure valve to your desired street pressure

https://innovativeatproducts.com/sh...ith-arb-twin-compressor-ckmta12-package-deal/

DE5EF385-6768-40DF-AB17-2769D55401E9.jpeg

4ADA288C-8231-4544-97B1-A53A22FA6A95.jpeg

1B227EB9-E2B6-4740-B0DD-AA8D64A9583C.jpeg
Sponsored