Mounting Aux Lights on Steel Bumper

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I have the mopar bull bar, with a @Baja Designs OnX6+ 10” light bar mounted to it with @KC HiLiTES bar clamp mounts.

The Flex Era singles are mounted with some of the factory bumper bolts, but it’s a pain with how the KC light bracket connects, you have to remove the light from the bracket and there are some sandwiched washers that aren’t easy to get back in place. I get why they use a carriage bolt, but the steel bumper is not conducive to tightening a bolt from underneath with some parts of the shell being multilayered.

The lights below the windshield are using the Baja Designs mount and it is great except I can’t flip the hood all the way back.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting Aux Lights on Steel Bumper IMG_3448
Sponsored

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT, 1969 Wagoneer
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lighting Adventures Since 1970
I have the mopar bull bar, with a @Baja Designs OnX6+ 10” light bar mounted to it with @KC HiLiTES bar clamp mounts.

The Flex Era singles are mounted with some of the factory bumper bolts, but it’s a pain with how the KC light bracket connects, you have to remove the light from the bracket and there are some sandwiched washers that aren’t easy to get back in place. I get why they use a carriage bolt, but the steel bumper is not conducive to tightening a bolt from underneath with some parts of the shell being multilayered.

The lights below the windshield are using the Baja Designs mount and it is great except I can’t flip the hood all the way back.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting Aux Lights on Steel Bumper IMG_3448
Nice looking Jeep! Those KC Singles look like the old Flex Singles, not the newer Flex Era 1s. I agree, the old ones could be a pain if you removed it from the bracket. It is much easier now with the new FE1 lights, it is a single bolt and washer. It also comes with 3 different lenses for Spot, Spread and Fog Beam. Here is a comparison.

Original Flex Single
Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting Aux Lights on Steel Bumper 1705937566649

New Flex Era 1
Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting Aux Lights on Steel Bumper 1705937712251
Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting Aux Lights on Steel Bumper 1705937847224

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Nice looking Jeep! Those KC Singles look like the old Flex Singles, not the newer Flex Era 1s. I agree, the old ones could be a pain if you removed it from the bracket. It is much easier now with the new FE1 lights, it is a single bolt and washer. It also comes with 3 different lenses for Spot, Spread and Fog Beam. Here is a comparison.

Original Flex Single

New Flex Era 1
Thank you!

I was just looking at the redesigned Flex Era 1’s. Looks like a much better system, 4 bolts was probably a bit overkill for such a small light.

TealOxAdv

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tealoxadventures.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2020 Gladiator
If you ordered the front factory trail cam and steel bumpers, choose an "outboard" location for the off road lights so that they do not block the view of the forward trail cam. I used existing bolts/holes to mount my Mopar lights.

That’s what we did on my brother’s 392 as well.

IMG_1078.jpeg
Sponsored