Mounting ARB Air Compressor

Jack_mJLU

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
I just received my Arb underseat Mount and was looking over things before I started the install. I noticed that I have extra wiring under my passenger seat?! Would this mount still work? I don’t want to start something and then find out it’s not going to work. It’s a 2021 JLUR ecodiesel with heated seats. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

6DA55D7C-B821-4CD0-863C-545CA03B35F6.jpeg
Sponsored

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Some extra connectors for sure compared to mine. I've got heated seats, so I'm assuming that those connectors must be a diesel thing. I'd guess that as they sit in your picture, they'd be in the way. It looks like there's enough slack in the wire that you'd be able to re-route them out of the way, but that really depends on what's going on under the vent diffuser. The mount is supposed to work on either driver or passenger side, is there stuff in the way under the driver seat too?

Jack_mJLU

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Some extra connectors for sure compared to mine. I've got heated seats, so I'm assuming that those connectors must be a diesel thing. I'd guess that as they sit in your picture, they'd be in the way. It looks like there's enough slack in the wire that you'd be able to re-route them out of the way, but that really depends on what's going on under the vent diffuser. The mount is supposed to work on either driver or passenger side, is there stuff in the way under the driver seat too?
It looks like the driver side is clear, has anyone used this mount on the driver side?

Encino Stan

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Java Developer
Under the passenger seat wired to AUX switch was the way to go for me. Out of the way, quiet, doesn’t take up any useful space in the cabin. I haven’t encountered issues with excessive heat or damage from being kicked by back seat passengers. Only 1 issue with wiring that I didn’t route properly, that got corrected.
Did you use the ARB mount (more forward, requires cutting carpet and vent) or the Innovative mount (further back, no cutting)?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Did you use the ARB mount (more forward, requires cutting carpet and vent) or the Innovative mount (further back, no cutting)?
Innovative JK Mount and hoses.

Sponsored

drkrjones

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Forgive my ignorance, but in regards to the American Adventure Labs tub mount w/ battery (PC1100): If I have the ARB CKMTP12, can I hook it up to the battery right next to it? In my mind, it should work, but I have little to no electrical knowledge.

StingJL918

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0 StingGray
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Innovative JK Mount and hoses.

Do you have pictures of your set up? How was the install? I’m between JK mount or the ARB.
The JK Innovation seems like it comes with the hoses and all the set up to get the compressors going.
If I go with the ARB and their plate I still have to spend the money on hoses and probably the ARB manifold to re route for the hose on the side.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Do you have pictures of your set up? How was the install? I’m between JK mount or the ARB.
The JK Innovation seems like it comes with the hoses and all the set up to get the compressors going.
If I go with the ARB and their plate I still have to spend the money on hoses and probably the ARB manifold to re route for the hose on the side.
I’d go JK Inno. It is exceptional. Full write and pics in my build thread below. It has been awesome. Completely ready to go and easy install. No cutting, bending, drilling and out of the way.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Ok, read the entire thread. Still can't determine if it is more work to mount this on the drivers side. I am tall and there is rarely someone sitting behind me so it seems like a better idea to mount it under my seat. Just not sure if the cables will be long enough if I do it that way.

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
Ok, read the entire thread. Still can't determine if it is more work to mount this on the drivers side. I am tall and there is rarely someone sitting behind me so it seems like a better idea to mount it under my seat. Just not sure if the cables will be long enough if I do it that way.
They're not. You'll have to add a few feet.

Overall I'm pleased with having mine mounted underneath the driver's seat.

Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

What drove your decision to the drivers side? Did you run the cables under the seat and through the drain plug or inside the Jeep and through the fire wall? Thanks for the help.

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
apologies in advanced if this has been covered, but there is a mount, including intake re-mount bracket & all nexessary parts/spacers/wiring put out by grimm offroad:

https://www.grimmoffroad.com/jl-arb-twin-compressor-mounting-bracket-kit.html

from the looks of it, even with all of the options, including a dual compressor, it only amounts to about $850, and according to the youtube video, it's not all that diffucult to install..only thing I didn't notice is what they did with hte wheel sensors after installation of the kit...

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What drove your decision to the drivers side? Did you run the cables under the seat and through the drain plug or inside the Jeep and through the fire wall? Thanks for the help.
In a word: Exhaust. I wanted to run hoses from my compressor to a tank mounted under the body. I was going to mount the compressors on the passenger side, but I have a diesel - and the exhaust on the diesels runs down the right side of the frame, not the left. I didn't want my air hoses to rupture from heat, so that forced me to mount on the left.

I ran the cables through the firewall. There's a really convenient plastic plug in the firewall on the driver's side, near master cylinder. I used a universal firewall boot from Daystar for my wiring harness pass-through:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004K2285E/

I have a write-up on my installation here:

(1) Lucky Devil - Bright White Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel (JLURD) | 2018+ Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, Unlimited - JLwranglerforums.com

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

In a word: Exhaust. I wanted to run hoses from my compressor to a tank mounted under the body. I was going to mount the compressors on the passenger side, but I have a diesel - and the exhaust on the diesels runs down the right side of the frame, not the left. I didn't want my air hoses to rupture from heat, so that forced me to mount on the left.

I ran the cables through the firewall. There's a really convenient plastic plug in the firewall on the driver's side, near master cylinder. I used a universal firewall boot from Daystar for my wiring harness pass-through:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004K2285E/

I have a write-up on my installation here:

(1) Lucky Devil - Bright White Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel (JLURD) | 2018+ Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, Unlimited - JLwranglerforums.com
Thanks! I have an extra tank I was thinking about running as well. I set my Tj up will two four gallon tanks running off a York compressor and could run air tools off it. I never really end up using the air tools so not sure if it is worth it or if the arb will put out enough air to keep up. For just airing up tires, the tank will not help much so I am not sure it is worth the effort.

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I have an extra tank I was thinking about running as well. I set my Tj up will two four gallon tanks running off a York compressor and could run air tools off it. I never really end up using the air tools so not sure if it is worth it or if the arb will put out enough air to keep up. For just airing up tires, the tank will not help much so I am not sure it is worth the effort.
Indeed. If you're not running tools, then big volumes of tank storage are overkill. I air up all 4 tires at the same time, so I prefer having a bit of volume in reserve before starting. Plus, don't forget that a tank also acts as an air cooler and condensation trap. Not huge deal - but it helps to keep a bit of water out of your tires if you're airing up frequently.
Sponsored