aham23

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Much thanks! I got the install done.

Using the ARB main and the Air Up Down extension I had enough cable to reach the batter. From driver side cargo area out under the rear pass seat up the rail to the engine bay and battery.

The connecting point is exposed though. How should I go about protecting that? Electric tape, duct tape, large shrink warp?
Sponsored

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
How does the connector end of the ARB main harness come apart? For routing purpose. Want to try down the passenger side and more direct route.
Here's a reasonably good YouTube video that demonstrates the process:

In place of his hair clip, I used a small eyeglass screwdriver. One item the video doesn't touch on is that sometimes the small spring locking clip bends down enough that that won't lock into place ... simply bend it back up a little and all will be well.

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Much thanks! I got the install done.

Using the ARB main and the Air Up Down extension I had enough cable to reach the batter. From driver side cargo area out under the rear pass seat up the rail to the engine bay and battery.

The connecting point is exposed though. How should I go about protecting that? Electric tape, duct tape, large shrink warp?
Glad you had success on the install. The Delphi connector is water proof ... that's why the rubber grommets on all of the wires. In OEM applications no additional waterproofing is provided.

If water does contaminate the connector, you can remove the connector to solder and srink rap the ends together ... at least that's my "Plan B."

aham23

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Added in the ARB disconnect which I didn’t do yesterday and no go.

It pulsates when the Jeep is turned on and nothing happens when the ARB switch is flipped on.

Thoughts?

aham23

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Viddy.

Seems like it’s leaking out air at the coupler. But I’m clueless how to get that much tighter than it is. Wrench don’t fit.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Just mounted a single ARB under the hood using the already there bracket (engine cover) that was shown in a video. Supper easy install with existing hardware and using the included hardware with the compressor. Rock solid and right next to the battery made wiring clean and easy.

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Added in the ARB disconnect which I didn’t do yesterday and no go.

It pulsates when the Jeep is turned on and nothing happens when the ARB switch is flipped on.

Thoughts?
Sounds like you found a non-problem. When the pump gets it's first shot of electricity, it fires off for about 3~5 seconds ... then it shuts down. What's happening is that the pump is pressurizing the tiny tank between the two cylinders. Once it reaches pressure (160psi I think) the pump stops and waits for the pressure to go down ... if you flip the ARB switch on and off at this time, nothing happens because the pressure switch says the tank is full and doesn't need the pump to run. I spent about one hour trouble shooting the electrical system before figuring it out.

The pulsing you are seeing is probably the air leaking out around the ARB coupler. It leaks down, pulses to increase the pressure, and then just sets there until it leaks down again.

I never did figure out an easy method to tighten the coupler into the tank. What I did was disassemble the coupler ... a very large screwdriver down into the coupling slot will take it apart. Then I tightened the threaded portion into the tank. Then reassembled the coupler using silicon lubricant to hold the locking balls in position. If you do use my method, have a cardboard box under the coupler to contain all of the pieces when it's disassembled ... and when it's reassembled. Take it slow and sketch the order of the pieces as it comes apart. Oh yes, don't let any small kids come around while you're doing this ... they will learn all kinds of new cuss words.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
As in, there are driver side rear cargo mounts, but I don't have the alpine system, and want to put it there.
My bad. I thought you meant under the rear passenger seat. Where you are asking I do not know, sorry.

aham23

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Alrighty then, done, finally.

I’m not mechanical nor electrical by any means. I read and/or watch to lean then do. Seems most of the issues I ran into were common and minor.

Big thanks to @jeep.generation for his YouTube install video AND answering many of my questions direct. Also, thanks to the group here for guidance and direct message help.

ARB Twin Compressor
MORE Mount
Up Down Air main harness extension
ARB Remote mount “stuff.”

I redid the switch harness per the video. I ran the main extended harness under the carpet out the drain hole under the passenger rear seat. It’s barely enough length wise if you run it over the fuel tank, down the frame rail, then up the fender well to the battery. I ran the power for the switch up to the bundle of Aux wires in the front passenger footwell. Wired it to the ignition on. I did not remove trim pieces as it tucked nicely up and under by hand.

I planned to remote mount the coupler and had the items. I did attempt to direct connect an ARB coupler to the compressor with no luck. It leaked as I could not get it sealed or tight enough. It’s a real small space to name a wrench in there.

Next up some KC Rock lights!

E5EB76A5-B77C-425D-8C0B-0086D020BF20.jpeg

1512DEEE-77CC-47CD-86B8-16609D5160BE.jpeg

Sponsored

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase