First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Currently I have the Mopar accessory grille guard and I have my Mopar 7" LED off road lights and Hi Lift jack mounted to the grille guard. However, this does not work for me because the factory trail camera view is about 60% - 70% obstructed by 1.) the grille guard, and 2.) the off road lights and 3.) the Hi Lift jack. I am going to mount the off road lights directly to the steel bumper, and remove the grille guard.

So I need a way to mount the 48" Hi Lift to the OEM front steel bumper so that the jack is down onto the bumper and back as far as possible, just forward to the grille. This way the camera view will not be obstructed.

I saw a photo of this mounting on a JL, but I could not see what mounting brackets were used to mount the jack in this manner. Maybe it was a homemade setup? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
If you want to keep it out of the weather Dominion Off Road has a mount for high up on the roll bas, the jack is out of the way. Have one on my JLUR and love it.

OP
OP
calemasters

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If you want to keep it out of the weather Dominion Off Road has a mount for high up on the roll bas, the jack is out of the way. Have one on my JLUR and love it.
Yes, I saw that but I would rather have the jack outside. Thank you.

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
I used 2 bolts with rubber fuel line slid on them as a cushion to prevent rattling. Bungee cords, and a cable lock. The rubber pads on the bumper worked good, but on a JL you might be able to drill 2 holes in the top of the bumper, stick the bolts up thru and tighten nut on top. Use a hockey puck or rubber bushing, then slide a piece of rubber hose over bolt. Lay the jack on top with the bolts going thru the holes in the jack rail. Put another rubber bushing on and a wing nut.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting a 48" Hi Lift to the OEM Front Steel Bumper Steaked Mt (11).JPG

DSCN0481.jpg

Morbo101

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler sport s
Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting a 48" Hi Lift to the OEM Front Steel Bumper 422DBAE0-633D-47AC-9AD3-B8814226C642

Bought the 2 inch front bar mount off amazon for 25 bucks. I use a cable lock when i leave the jack on for periods of time or long distance travel. No rattle or unnecessary movement once the knobs are tightened down.

Sponsored

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
L
Currently I have the Mopar accessory grille guard and I have my Mopar 7" LED off road lights and Hi Lift jack mounted to the grille guard. However, this does not work for me because the factory trail camera view is about 60% - 70% obstructed by 1.) the grille guard, and 2.) the off road lights and 3.) the Hi Lift jack. I am going to mount the off road lights directly to the steel bumper, and remove the grille guard.

So I need a way to mount the 48" Hi Lift to the OEM front steel bumper so that the jack is down onto the bumper and back as far as possible, just forward to the grille. This way the camera view will not be obstructed.

I saw a photo of this mounting on a JL, but I could not see what mounting brackets were used to mount the jack in this manner. Maybe it was a homemade setup? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
Like this?

F88C2627-03A6-42CD-A94D-2AE61B380FB9.jpeg

OP
OP
calemasters

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting a 48" Hi Lift to the OEM Front Steel Bumper F88C2627-03A6-42CD-A94D-2AE61B380FB9

Bought the 2 inch front bar mount off amazon for 25 bucks. I use a cable lock when i leave the jack on for periods of time or long distance travel. No rattle or unnecessary movement once the knobs are tightened down.
That is similar to my current setup which I want to change because the bar, the jack and the off road lights obstruct the front trail camera's view.

OP
OP
calemasters

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
L

Like this?

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting a 48" Hi Lift to the OEM Front Steel Bumper F88C2627-03A6-42CD-A94D-2AE61B380FB9
That is similar to what I have currently, but I need to change this setup because the grille guard and the jack obstruct the front trail cam's view. I need to find a way to mount the jack down low on the bumper and rearward as far as possible, next to the grille so that the factory trail cam can see the trail in front of the bumper. Thank you.

JRJ

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
JRJdesignsUS JLU Jack-Pack Hi-Lift Mounting brackets for Jeep JL, JLU, JT with mopar metal bumper. jrjdesignsus.com $69.95

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting a 48" Hi Lift to the OEM Front Steel Bumper IMG_4027
Sponsored