Mounted some 9" Rounds on Bumper

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
If you're like me and love the look of round lights up front rather than the light bars, the 9" Amazon ARB Intensity knockoffs are a decent option. I just mounted two 185 watt lights with the black front (rather than the red) and they're not bad. $135 for the pair rather than $1500.

They feel sturdy and the spot beam is decent. They're not as spotty and focused as the ARBs but they're insanely bright to compensate. Wired both directly to one of he 40A AUX wires. Made a mounting bracket with an aluminum L bar and some screws from Lowe's.

Only thing is they squeal when they're on. Sort of like when you stick your head in the back of an old CRT tube television. Hmm. Now that I think about it, I did that a lot as a kid. Possibly more than necessary or medically safe. That could explain few things. I'm going to go ask my mom why she let me do that. In the mean time, here are some pics.

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounted some 9" Rounds on Bumper {filename}
Sponsored

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

If you're like me and love the look of round lights up front rather than the light bars, the 9" Amazon ARB Intensity knockoffs are a decent option. I just mounted two 185 watt lights with the black front (rather than the red) and they're not bad. $135 for the pair rather than $1500.

They feel sturdy and the spot beam is decent. They're not as spotty and focused as the ARBs but they're insanely bright to compensate. Wired both directly to one of he 40A AUX wires. Made a mounting bracket with an aluminum L bar and some screws from Lowe's.

Only thing is they squeal when they're on. Sort of like when you stick your head in the back of an old CRT tube television. Hmm. Now that I think about it, I did that a lot as a kid. Possibly more than necessary or medically safe. That could explain few things. I'm going to go ask my mom why she let me do that. In the mean time, here are some pics.

They look great - did you have the aux switch or use something else?

OP
OP

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
They look great - did you have the aux switch or use something else?
I have the Tow/HD Electrical package so I used one of the 40 amp aux switches. I'm calculating 15 Amps per light.

pcpopcorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Firecracker Red
Do you have a link?They look Great

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata

Looks great. Would you mind sharing more picture on your bracket?
Thanks
Sponsored