Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I did not bother asking at the dealer. Does everyone still need to go online to start the ordering process for a Bronco? What is the latest revised "official" ETA if someone where to go online and place a $100 deposit today? I wonder what the take-rate is for between the 2-door and 4-door? Based on the Wrangler Unlimited take-rate, I assume the 4-door Bronco will probably be more popular? I wonder if the 2-door will take as long as a 4-door or vice versa?
Because the 2 door is only available with the hardtop, it's being held up until they redesign it. Supposedly by late this year or early next. Also, the more popular 4 door version will take a certain amount of production priority.

The dealer I visited a couple days ago, said they prefer a sit down when submitting a factory order, because there's a lot going on with the packages and options that affect one another. An order being placed today, would land you on the end of a very long list. You'd probably be looking at mid to late 2023, and the cutoff date for 2021 pricing has already passed. You could bypass a chunk of that line by ordering with the softop, but I think the free hardtop kit offer has also passed. Another option is to canvas your local dealers and leave your contact info and what you're interested in. As canceled orders show up, they don't seem to prioritize reservation holders, because most of them are wanting specific setups. They are making separate lists of those who show up, and aren't quite as picky. The less picky you are, the sooner you could possibly be in one. Pricing in your area is another factor. The dealer I was at the other day is not dripping below $10k above msrp.
Sponsored

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I had to chime in.
Two different vehicles with some similar features.

I have owned 3 wranglers over the past 27 years.
Also grew up with the family 1978 Cj 7 Laredo(Dad’s).
We also had a 1979 Bronco(Mom’s)
-both sweet,black on black, each had their pros/cons and both very fun.

The funny thing is my wife is on her 3rd Range Rover in 20 years. She really likes the Bronco- all years including the current(no bronco sport) as well. I like it too. We will most likely get a Bronco as her next vehicle to replace the Range Rover if we approve the test drive.

I will keep the Jeep and I do take it off road-lots of mud,snow,sand, and yes some rocks.But rock crawling is really not my thing at this time in my life- I have been on the Rubicon trail. It would appear that the Bronco can handle 98% of the miles I drive in the Jeep. Looks like the Bronco with some mods handles trails like the Rubicon trail just fine..

It is my feeling that both the Bronco and Jeep can exist now as they did in the past. I am pretty sure we would be happy with a new Bronco as well.

photo is of Pismo Beach Dunes a few weeks ago. Camped on the Beach for a week.Jeep, Jet Skis and RC cars. Good times- highly recommend.

Jeep Wrangler JL MotorTrend: Bronco vs Wrangler - Which is Best? 364A211C-E44A-439D-A57D-6FF43D448837

Last edited:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
My last statement in that post was more aimed towards anyone who's eyes come across it. I can sometimes come across as much against Broncos, as Fords marketing has made bronco owners against Wranglers. In reality, it's mostly in jest, but also the occasional pointing out certain design elements that counter its ability to give Wranglers the run for their money that Ford spent a lot of time claiming.

My wife was the one who had the initial interest in a 2 door Badlands, but canceled the reservation after her chosen local dealer wanted a $5k deposit before submitting her order and kept beating around the bush when asked about a full refund if it wasn't to her liking after a test drive.

I spotted 3 of them at a local dealer the other day, so we both still had enough curiosity to stop in and see them. My wife sat in the Base, to see how adjustable it was for her barely 4'11" stature. She tends to have issues with being able to properly rest her heel on the floor when on the throttle. Even with the seat all the way down and far enough forward for her to be on top of the steering wheel, her heel was still slightly unweighted. Nothing that couldn't get tweaked the same way as her current Nissan Juke, a small section of carpet padding under the floor mat in front of the pedal. Her final thought, without even being allowed to test drive it, was that it seemed huge to her. I pointed out that the 2 door that she wanted would fix that, but she said it was the width that she wasn't digging.

The dealer said that they wouldn't be allowing test drives until Ford goes into full production, and probably wouldn't drop their pricing down to msrp until sometime later when reservation lists are knocked down. So, we're both still interested in an eventual test drive, but she'll probably be in the Mini Countryman all4 JCW edition that's caught her eye by that time. She likes small and zippy rides.

Apologies for the ramble. 😆
No need to apologize. lol.

All this talk about how big it is is really making me curious. F-150 big or in between that and a Ranger?

I used to like Mini Coopers myself, until my Nephew got one and it blew up on him almost IMMEDIATELY... :headbang:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I used to like Mini Coopers myself, until my Nephew got one and it blew up on him almost IMMEDIATELY... :headbang:
A MINI caught testing in Northern Ireland
Jeep Wrangler JL MotorTrend: Bronco vs Wrangler - Which is Best? 1629991914737

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Almost! Blew a head gasket the first week and it would have cost as much as my brother paid for the car to fix it. :headbang:

He has a Nissan Altima now, lol!

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No need to apologize. lol.

All this talk about how big it is is really making me curious. F-150 big or in between that and a Ranger?

It definitely rivaled the size of the Raptor hood. There was one parked near the Base that we were looking at, but not close enough for a great size comparison. From a short distance, the bronco hood was not quite as big as the Raptors, but it's much flatter and maintains its height all the way to the left and right sides. There was both an f150 and ranger further down the row. They both have flatter hoods than the Raptor. I'd say the bronco is closer to the ranger than the f150. Also, I noticed the center console between the front seats of the bronco and ranger aren't as wide as the f series.

Back in the early 2000's, I had an interest in the go-cart with plates vibe of the Coopers. At the time, they only had a 2 door model. And 1 was naturally aspirated and the other was the supercharged S model. The former used an antiquated range rover tyranny that wasn't quite up to the task of the higher hp and tq outputs of modern engines. They would toast the trans if driven spiritedly. The latter came with a modern designed Getrag unit that was rated high enough to easily handle some performance mods and a tune. What killed my getting one was that even though it had 4 seats, it was actually referred to as a "2+2" seater, meaning any combination of 2 people at a time. A 3rd person could only fit if they sat across the back seat.

I'm definitely interested in driving the John Cooper Works Countryman that she has me researching for her. It seems to get great reviews across the board. The only con I've heard is towards its price. They say for similar money, one could be I a G35 AMG Benz and another vehicle that, in my opinion, puts more value on its hood badge than the car itself really deserves. More of a country club status symbol than anything. Anyways, that JCW Countryman weighs less than 3300lbs and puts out 310lb/ft of torque, so it'll definitely be a lively little thing!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It definitely rivaled the size of the Raptor hood. There was one parked near the Base that we were looking at, but not close enough for a great size comparison. From a short distance, the bronco hood was not quite as big as the Raptors, but it's much flatter and maintains its height all the way to the left and right sides. There was both an f150 and ranger further down the row. They both have flatter hoods than the Raptor. I'd say the bronco is closer to the ranger than the f150. Also, I noticed the center console between the front seats of the bronco and ranger aren't as wide as the f series.

Back in the early 2000's, I had an interest in the go-cart with plates vibe of the Coopers. At the time, they only had a 2 door model. And 1 was naturally aspirated and the other was the supercharged S model. The former used an antiquated range rover tyranny that wasn't quite up to the task of the higher hp and tq outputs of modern engines. They would toast the trans if driven spiritedly. The latter came with a modern designed Getrag unit that was rated high enough to easily handle some performance mods and a tune. What killed my getting one was that even though it had 4 seats, it was actually referred to as a "2+2" seater, meaning any combination of 2 people at a time. A 3rd person could only fit if they sat across the back seat.

I'm definitely interested in driving the John Cooper Works Countryman that she has me researching for her. It seems to get great reviews across the board. The only con I've heard is towards its price. They say for similar money, one could be I a G35 AMG Benz and another vehicle that, in my opinion, puts more value on its hood badge than the car itself really deserves. More of a country club status symbol than anything. Anyways, that JCW Countryman weighs less than 3300lbs and puts out 310lb/ft of torque, so it'll definitely be a lively little thing!
Okay the size sounds about right for the Ranger Frame. I drive an F-250 at work so I probably won't think of the Bronco as too big at all. lol.

I really didn't fit inside a Mini Countryman when I checked one out at a Carmax one time, and why I never even went ahead with a test drive. It might be better for me with the 4 door models but I really don't have a big interest after my Nephew's debacle. His was a Mini Cabrio S with the early version of the turbo 4.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Okay the size sounds about right for the Ranger Frame. I drive an F-250 at work so I probably won't think of the Bronco as too big at all. lol.

I really didn't fit inside a Mini Countryman when I checked one out at a Carmax one time, and why I never even went ahead with a test drive. It might be better for me with the 4 door models but I really don't have a big interest after my Nephew's debacle. His was a Mini Cabrio S with the early version of the turbo 4.
It's sounding like you're a bit bigger than my 4'11" wife. I never use the LOD Destroyer step to get in and out of my Jeep, but it's absolutely comical to watch my wife literally climb in and out. It's like watching someone in a yoga class. The sliders are barely above her waist, and if she was an inch shorter, she could walk right under the side view mirror without scalping herself.
Jeep Wrangler JL MotorTrend: Bronco vs Wrangler - Which is Best? giphy (6)

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It's sounding like you're a bit bigger than my 4'11" wife. I never use the LOD Destroyer step to get in and out of my Jeep, but it's absolutely comical to watch my wife literally climb in and out. It's like watching someone in a yoga class. The sliders are barely above her waist, and if she was an inch shorter, she could walk right under the side view mirror without scalping herself.
Jeep Wrangler JL MotorTrend: Bronco vs Wrangler - Which is Best? giphy (6)
Yep... I attempted to get a Jeep without sidesteps... This was the reaction I got...

Jeep Wrangler JL MotorTrend: Bronco vs Wrangler - Which is Best? 1630005756376

Its how I wound up with a Sahara instead of the Sport S I first test drove. lol!

She's taller than 4'11" though... lol

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep... I attempted to get a Jeep without sidesteps... This was the reaction I got...

Jeep Wrangler JL MotorTrend: Bronco vs Wrangler - Which is Best? 1630005756376

Its how I wound up with a Sahara instead of the Sport S I first test drove. lol!

She's taller than 4'11" though... lol
This is what I was fearing after she caught me looking at 40's...
Jeep Wrangler JL MotorTrend: Bronco vs Wrangler - Which is Best? 0ad5972098abeae8f6e48ad3e0f105d5

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This is what I was fearing after she caught me looking at 40's...
Jeep Wrangler JL MotorTrend: Bronco vs Wrangler - Which is Best? 0ad5972098abeae8f6e48ad3e0f105d5
You would need one of those boarding ramps from the airport for her, lol!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You would need one of those boarding ramps from the airport for her, lol!
Getting out isn't hard to make happen, but I might have to piss off some truckers and pick her up at the loading ramp. 🤔
Jeep Wrangler JL MotorTrend: Bronco vs Wrangler - Which is Best? HardtofindDeliciousFruitbat-max-1mb

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Getting out isn't hard to make happen, but I might have to piss off some truckers and pick her up at the loading ramp. 🤔
Jeep Wrangler JL MotorTrend: Bronco vs Wrangler - Which is Best? HardtofindDeliciousFruitbat-max-1mb
Ohh, I just remembered back in the 90s we had a wheelchair lift installed in a Dodge Van for Grandma... You could use one of those... :bandit: