Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
What is pathetic is people not understanding that it doesn't make any difference, they go the same places... Laughable that you think it matters.
It doesn't matter to me, I do not own one or care to. It is laughable that bunny hills make the tires levitate.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
It doesn't matter to me, I do not own one or care to. It is laughable that bunny hills make the tires levitate.
Well... I guess sometimes the strangest things amuse people. I do not own one either, 4 solid axles between my two vehicles. Point remains, it doesn't make any difference that it lifts its tires until it is more than one, same applies to a Jeep.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
- The Silverado has a much higher quality interior than the Ram - Nope
- An Explorer or Traverse has a much higher quality interior than the Wrangler - Not quite, get the interior of an Explorer or Traverse wet and see
- Both the Camaro and Mustang have much higher quality interiors than the Challenger - Agreed
On what planet? Certainly not this one.

An Explorer or a Traverse should never have a wet interior. That's silly. Also i'd like to note that i'm not the one who started that comparison, I agree it's a bit weird. But otherwise - the Ram has a better interior than a Silverado? LOL. My 11 year old Tahoe has a higher quality interior than the Ram.

I'm kinda thinking that if you want a refined interior maybe look at the Land Rover. Me wanting a vehicle I go froadin in I'm not looking for a refined interior. However, I think my JL interior is just as refined as the Explorer I had previously. Just this man's opinion. you like what you like, just as every single other person. The way I see it, I'm personally not going to try to compare a grapefruit and an orange because they aren't the same. Sure they are both citrus fruit but each has it's own characteristics.
Don't misunderstand - i'm not talking about how "premium" the interior is. That's usually more a matter of perception than anything else. They have a lot of tricks to make automotive interiors feel "high end" these days. No, what I am talking about is quality. Quality of plastics and polymers and fabrics, quality of buttons, switches, and dials, and how well everything is designed and assembled. There are several threads on here that are solely about complaining about the cracks in the plastics and panel gaps in the Wrangler. It's pretty terrible.

If you are used to cheap interiors, like Ford has its owners used to, it becomes difficult to appreciate a nice interior.

However, once you are used to a nice interior, like many of us now are, it’s hard to go back.

:CWL: Classic! :CWL:

Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
I don't trust frameless doors. I saw in the TFL video the windows are supposed to lower a bit automatically when you open them so they don't hit the seal with the roof on the way out. I would wager there will be a lot of problems caused by that whole process. Also, lots of people hang their doors by the window frame when not in use.
Mud could be an issue.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Not sure why people get so hung up on this? With lockers having a wheel up is inconsequential. I haven't seen any of these roll over any more easily than anything else so other than the supposed drama involved, who cares?
In other words, tell me you don't know what off roading is without not off roading.

Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
The Bronco will sell like crazy. Just like i've been telling members here since I joined - my Tahoe can do 100% of what my Wrangler will ever do in my hands on or off-road, and the Tahoe can do it all while towing the Wrangler. It's more comfortable, it's got more space and power. What it doesn't have is the coolness and fun factor of the Wrangler. The Bronco has that, plus some of what the Tahoe has. The Bronco has a lot going for it. The reality is quite simply not what the membership of this forum seems to want it to be. The vast majority of Wrangler buyers do not care what it can ACTUALLY do off-road. As long as it looks rugged and cool, that's all the "off-road capability" they care about. So it does not matter that the Wrangler can drive over a bigger rock than the Bronco. The general public sees them both as hard-core off-road vehicles.

Wow...I don't know where you are coming from but it's impossible for me to reconcile what you claim. I have not experienced the Bronco yet so it's entirely possible that it's interior is in fact much worse than the Wrangler, but the Wrangler is light years from "good fit and finish". It's actually pretty terrible. Stellantis is definitely in a "different league" but not in the way you say. The Wrangler interior is not remotely comparable to GM SUVs and my Challenger, while much better, still can't hold a candle to the Camaro or Mustang interior quality.
I don't know if your husband would agree with you.
FYI, there are reasons why people specifically buy thing beyond looks...

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Well... I guess sometimes the strangest things amuse people. I do not own one either, 4 solid axles between my two vehicles. Point remains, it doesn't make any difference that it lifts its tires until it is more than one, same applies to a Jeep.
That's what clowns do right? Amuse people?

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
It simply doesn't make any difference. Needing to keep the wheels down for forward traction before lockers became a popular thing was necessary. Now it is simply a novelty and because the Jeep "does it better" than say the Bronco, people like to point it out.

Having a wheel lift does not correlate with unsafe or difficult or having to struggle. The "uncomfortable" part is all in your head and if having all four wheels touching before you roll over or just three brings you some sort of comfort, congratulations.
Flex is a novelty? Go ahead and trade your Rubicon shocks for some Sport shocks and sell the smart bar... I'm sure you could make some money. Then get this sway bar for the front & rear 'cause who needs flex & YOLO.

So what do you do in the snow or on ice? Of course lockers & air down, but I want as much traction as I can possibly get. Two or three tires on the ground isn't going to have as much traction as four.
Sponsored