First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
When climbing a grade that's pitched to the side, and traction isn't that of a paved surface, 2 tires still capable of touching the ground will stay the path better than if 1 was hanging. No one's referring to level situations, where I'll agree that it's less of a deal.
"Stay the path better" Is this the best you guys have? If one wheel is in the air the other presumably has a fair amount of weight on it. I have been wheeling for decades and never experienced a problem "staying the path". That is what the steering wheel is for.

Face it, this a made up issue. Without lockers it is a real issue because if you lift a tire you lose traction on that end. With lockers, lifting a tire really makes no difference.
Sponsored

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
Face it, this a made up issue. Without lockers it is a real issue because if you lift a tire you lose traction on that end. With lockers, lifting a tire really makes no difference.
Wanting to keep all four tires on the ground as much as possible is a “made up issue”?

I think we’ll have to agree to disagree here.

Like you, I have decades of wheeling experience over thousands of miles of trails. And yes, I prefer safe, easy, and comfortable to unsafe, difficult, and uncomfortable. My goal is to complete a given trail and reach my destination. I guess I’m just lazy, but I have no desire to struggle over a trail that I could just as easily mosey over with my solid axles and sway bar disconnected.

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
This was filmed at Hungry Valley OHV area in so. Cal. Been up that hill many times. I assume this Bronco has lockers. I’ve seen vehicles without lockers struggle to climb that hill.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
This was filmed at Hungry Valley OHV area in so. Cal. Been up that hill many times. I assume this Bronco has lockers. I’ve seen vehicles without lockers struggle to climb that hill.
Rear locker is an option, so its possible.

JTsGarage

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Wow...I don't know where you are coming from but it's impossible for me to reconcile what you claim. I have not experienced the Bronco yet so it's entirely possible that it's interior is in fact much worse than the Wrangler, but the Wrangler is light years from "good fit and finish". It's actually pretty terrible. Stellantis is definitely in a "different league" but not in the way you say. The Wrangler interior is not remotely comparable to GM SUVs and my Challenger, while much better, still can't hold a candle to the Camaro or Mustang interior quality.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that. Again, I'm not saying the Wrangler is a Lincoln Navigator - it's not intended to be a luxury vehicle. But if you compare a decently equipped JLU, particularly the Sahara trim and above, to mainstream people movers (which is what many people use their four-door Jeeps for) the quality of items like the buttons, knobs, dash, steering wheel leather, soft touch surfaces, etc. are better than, say, a Ford Explorer or one of the many GM mid-size SUVs. For a vehicle that's never strayed too far from its roots as an off-roader, that's impressive to me.

Regarding Stellantis as a whole, I don't think anyone could get in a nicely equipped RAM 1500 and then hop over into a Silverado and say with a serious face that the fit and finish isn't nicer, substantially nicer, on the RAM.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Wanting to keep all four tires on the ground as much as possible is a “made up issue”?

Like you, I have decades of wheeling experience over thousands of miles of trails. And yes, I prefer safe, easy, and comfortable to unsafe, difficult, and uncomfortable. My goal is to complete a given trail and reach my destination. I guess I’m just lazy, but I have no desire to struggle over a trail that I could just as easily mosey over with my solid axles and sway bar disconnected.
It simply doesn't make any difference. Needing to keep the wheels down for forward traction before lockers became a popular thing was necessary. Now it is simply a novelty and because the Jeep "does it better" than say the Bronco, people like to point it out.

Having a wheel lift does not correlate with unsafe or difficult or having to struggle. The "uncomfortable" part is all in your head and if having all four wheels touching before you roll over or just three brings you some sort of comfort, congratulations.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I've been to Hungry Valley, 60 miles north of Los Angeles, several times. It is a decent place to wheel. It can be absolute mayhem on weekends.

But I think of Hungry Valley as off-roading for rednecks: it is like going on a picnic to a McDonald's PlayPlace, and enjoying the non-existent scenery.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

I don't know about you, but I had to scroll back to the top to confirm I was still on the JL Forum, not 6g.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that. Again, I'm not saying the Wrangler is a Lincoln Navigator - it's not intended to be a luxury vehicle. But if you compare a decently equipped JLU, particularly the Sahara trim and above, to mainstream people movers (which is what many people use their four-door Jeeps for) the quality of items like the buttons, knobs, dash, steering wheel leather, soft touch surfaces, etc. are better than, say, a Ford Explorer or one of the many GM mid-size SUVs. For a vehicle that's never strayed too far from its roots as an off-roader, that's impressive to me.

Regarding Stellantis as a whole, I don't think anyone could get in a nicely equipped RAM 1500 and then hop over into a Silverado and say with a serious face that the fit and finish isn't nicer, substantially nicer, on the RAM.
Disagree is not the word. SMH maybe? I dunno but the above is absolutely unfathomable to me.

I, and anyone I know who has experience with both vehicles, would unequivocally, with a serious face, easily say that:

- The Silverado has a much higher quality interior than the Ram
- An Explorer or Traverse has a much higher quality interior than the Wrangler
- Both the Camaro and Mustang have much higher quality interiors than the Challenger

I personally can speak on all three of the above examples and I cannot see any room whatsoever to think otherwise. After years with GM vehicles the biggest let down to me on both the Wrangler and Challenger were the interiors. The Challenger is actually not too bad but the Wrangler...man I think even the JK was better in that regard. I cannot speak on the Bronco because like I said I haven't seen the interior myself. I have heard both sides though - i've heard here that the Bronco has a very disappointing interior and I've also heard elsewhere that the Bronco's interior is head and shoulders better than the Wrangler. I look forward to checking it out myself. Otherwise, you may be the only person i've ever heard make the claim that FCA/Stellantis interiors are higher quality than...well...pretty much anything else. Maybe Hyundai or Kia?

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
- The Silverado has a much higher quality interior than the Ram
- An Explorer or Traverse has a much higher quality interior than the Wrangler
- Both the Camaro and Mustang have much higher quality interiors than the Challenger
- The Silverado has a much higher quality interior than the Ram - Nope
- An Explorer or Traverse has a much higher quality interior than the Wrangler - Not quite, get the interior of an Explorer or Traverse wet and see
- Both the Camaro and Mustang have much higher quality interiors than the Challenger - Agreed

Sponsored

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Not sure why people get so hung up on this? With lockers having a wheel up is inconsequential. I haven't seen any of these roll over any more easily than anything else so other than the supposed drama involved, who cares?
Because it is pathetic, that's why. The Bronco being on 2 and 3 wheels on bunny hills is laughable.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
I personally can speak on all three of the above examples and I cannot see any room whatsoever to think otherwise. After years with GM vehicles the biggest let down to me on both the Wrangler and Challenger were the interiors. The Challenger is actually not too bad but the Wrangler...man I think even the JK was better in that regard. I cannot speak on the Bronco because like I said I haven't seen the interior myself. I have heard both sides though - i've heard here that the Bronco has a very disappointing interior and I've also heard elsewhere that the Bronco's interior is head and shoulders better than the Wrangler. I look forward to checking it out myself. Otherwise, you may be the only person i've ever heard make the claim that FCA/Stellantis interiors are higher quality than...well...pretty much anything else. Maybe Hyundai or Kia?
I'm kinda thinking that if you want a refined interior maybe look at the Land Rover. Me wanting a vehicle I go froadin in I'm not looking for a refined interior. However, I think my JL interior is just as refined as the Explorer I had previously. Just this man's opinion. you like what you like, just as every single other person. The way I see it, I'm personally not going to try to compare a grapefruit and an orange because they aren't the same. Sure they are both citrus fruit but each has it's own characteristics.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Because it is pathetic, that's why. The Bronco being on 2 and 3 wheels on bunny hills is laughable.
What is pathetic is people not understanding that it doesn't make any difference, they go the same places... Laughable that you think it matters.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I'm kinda thinking that if you want a refined interior maybe look at the Land Rover. Me wanting a vehicle I go froadin in I'm not looking for a refined interior. However, I think my JL interior is just as refined as the Explorer I had previously. Just this man's opinion. you like what you like, just as every single other person. The way I see it, I'm personally not going to try to compare a grapefruit and an orange because they aren't the same. Sure they are both citrus fruit but each has it's own characteristics.
Except Grapefruits are an abomination!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
If you are used to cheap interiors, like Ford has its owners used to, it becomes difficult to appreciate a nice interior.

However, once you are used to a nice interior, like many of us now are, it’s hard to go back.
Sponsored