Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I sold my Ford stock this morningā€¦although there are some good things about the Bronco, there are way too many quality concerns and production problems, most of which wonā€™t be addressed anytime soon. Although Fordā€™s EV play is more promising, Iā€™m beginning to think the Bronco will be a bustā€¦.low quality, mediocre off road capability, pedestrian looksā€¦.and Iā€™m being kind. Like others have said, a GC would be a better compromise.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I donā€™t know if Bronco will be a bust or not. Bronco Sport is doing very well, Maverick promises to shake up the small pickup segment, Mach-E and Lightning have been well received.

But there are underlying worrying signs at Ford: it got impacted hardest of all automakers by the chip shortage, overall sales are trailing the rest of the industry, and then thereā€™s the Bronco launch debacle. It is as if everything catches them by surprise.

At this point I donā€™t believe a word coming out of Ford. It now seems determined on spreading the narrative that Broncoā€™s problems are limited to the hardtop, but leaked documents show that production issues run much deeper.

And that pretty much summarizes it: for the past 18 months Ford has appeared more preoccupied with its image than with resolving the issues.

Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I donā€™t know if Bronco will be a bust or not. Bronco Sport is doing very well...
I smile everytime I see someone tooling around in a Sport. They act like they think they are The Shit, not Telluride level mind you, around here they are the absolute worse, almost like they are proud they paid $5K over MSRP for a friken Kia.

I think a majority of regular people think that the Sport is the real Bronco. I know when I started looking at Wranglers I saw what I thought was a Bronco at our local dealer. When I stopped they literally laughed at me, told me for the real Bronco I'd need to make a deposit, wait a year and there were to be no discounts. I said, "Uhhh, it's a Ford. Ill just buy the real thing". šŸ™‚

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
In my opinion...Ford really missed the mark by not putting the 5.0L V8 in the Bronco...should've made it the only engine choice at a reasonable price...would've sniped a lot more Wrangler owners since the 392 is crazy expensive.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Looks like youā€™re gonna be doing plenty of three-wheeling in your Bronco.

Jeep Wrangler JL MotorTrend: Bronco vs Wrangler - Which is Best? B7F8232D-7C6C-4C63-934D-81AC7150BDCA
Not sure why people get so hung up on this? With lockers having a wheel up is inconsequential. I haven't seen any of these roll over any more easily than anything else so other than the supposed drama involved, who cares?

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
Not sure why people get so hung up on this? With lockers having a wheel up is inconsequential. I haven't seen any of these roll over any more easily than anything else so other than the supposed drama involved, who cares?
Having all four tires on the ground and the body level is the safest, easiest, and most comfortable way to wheel.

But hey, if you enjoy the teeter-totter effect, have at it.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
In my opinion...Ford really missed the mark by not putting the 5.0L V8 in the Bronco...should've made it the only engine choice at a reasonable price...would've sniped a lot more Wrangler owners since the 392 is crazy expensive.
Doubt a 5.0 Bronco would be cheap. Heck, they are expensive even with the 2.7!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
On the topic of the Bronco Sport, I like the looks of it. I think it is the perfect replacement for the old Ford Escape (the previous generation with the boxy style). The new Escape is just, uhhhhh. They should have named the Bronco Sport something else.

Escape means ā€œexhaustā€ in Spanish.

How about the Ford Exhaust... šŸ˜«

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
The Bronco will sell like crazy. Just like i've been telling members here since I joined - my Tahoe can do 100% of what my Wrangler will ever do in my hands on or off-road, and the Tahoe can do it all while towing the Wrangler. It's more comfortable, it's got more space and power. What it doesn't have is the coolness and fun factor of the Wrangler. The Bronco has that, plus some of what the Tahoe has. The Bronco has a lot going for it. The reality is quite simply not what the membership of this forum seems to want it to be. The vast majority of Wrangler buyers do not care what it can ACTUALLY do off-road. As long as it looks rugged and cool, that's all the "off-road capability" they care about. So it does not matter that the Wrangler can drive over a bigger rock than the Bronco. The general public sees them both as hard-core off-road vehicles.

Jeep people are getting spoiled with great fit and finish and good materials on the JL and they don't even realize it. Go get in the Bronco, or most any Ford or Chevy, and you'll immediately see what I mean. Jeep isn't up there with the Germans, nor is it meant to be, but Stellantis is in a different league from their American counterparts - the decades-old Charger and Challenger interiors not withstanding.
Wow...I don't know where you are coming from but it's impossible for me to reconcile what you claim. I have not experienced the Bronco yet so it's entirely possible that it's interior is in fact much worse than the Wrangler, but the Wrangler is light years from "good fit and finish". It's actually pretty terrible. Stellantis is definitely in a "different league" but not in the way you say. The Wrangler interior is not remotely comparable to GM SUVs and my Challenger, while much better, still can't hold a candle to the Camaro or Mustang interior quality.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The Bronco will sell like crazy. Just like i've been telling members here since I joined - my Tahoe can do 100% of what my Wrangler will ever do in my hands on or off-road, and the Tahoe can do it all while towing the Wrangler. It's more comfortable, it's got more space and power. What it doesn't have is the coolness and fun factor of the Wrangler. The Bronco has that, plus some of what the Tahoe has. The Bronco has a lot going for it. The reality is quite simply not what the membership of this forum seems to want it to be. The vast majority of Wrangler buyers do not care what it can ACTUALLY do off-road. As long as it looks rugged and cool, that's all the "off-road capability" they care about. So it does not matter that the Wrangler can drive over a bigger rock than the Bronco. The general public sees them both as hard-core off-road vehicles.
Thatā€™s fair.

I think what has Jeepers fuming is the arrogance with which Ford went about launching Bronco. Automakers add new competitors every day, but the fixation with which Ford has gone after Wrangler is off the scale.

Within that context, the way in which the Bronco launch has fallen flat on its face comes like poetic justice.
Sponsored