Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
My Jeep is a glorified Station Wagon most of the time. I bought it because I was looking to downsize from my Ram 1500, and wanted something with 4 wheel drive because of a few winter weather incidents I had in the old 4x2 truck. The Bronco in the video would pretty much fill that need no doubt and it would probably do all the same trails I've taken my Jeep on... It is a Mall Crawler Minivan Sahara after all...

I just think that the Bronco has been getting hyped up as a "Jeep Killer" by the media for so long its kind of disappointing to see how its pretty much just on par with the 4Runner. Capable, but noting revolutionary.
The new Jeep Wagoneer on 35's would walk on a Bronco in every measurable category accept being convertible.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
The new Jeep Wagoneer on 35's would walk on a Bronco in every measurable category accept being convertible.
The adjustable Air Suspension on a Wagoneer/Grand Cherokee/Ram 1500 would be a neat thing to have.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
The adjustable Air Suspension on a Wagoneer/Grand Cherokee/Ram 1500 would be a neat thing to have.
The IFS and IRS on them are much more centered leaving great room for capability if any aftermarket wanted to get at it with those. Better design and strength compared to the Bronco or 4Runner.

Sponsored

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
Correct. It’s going to be funny to watch the videos comparing the XR and the Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.

“The Bronco did well on this trail, but just couldn’t match the solid axle articulation of the Wrangler XR. The Wrangler remains in its element on the rocks. However, on the drive to and from the trailhead, it’s hard to beat the Bronco’s comfort and on-road manners.”

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Correct. It’s going to be funny to watch the videos comparing the XR and the Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.

“The Bronco did well on this trail, but just couldn’t match the solid axle articulation of the Wrangler XR. The Wrangler remains in its element on the rocks. However, on the drive to and from the trailhead, it’s hard to beat the Bronco’s comfort and on-road manners.”
Exactly.
They will also keep insisting these are "the rocks"-
screen-shot-2021-07-28-at-9-21-27-am-png.png

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
I think even Jeep owners should give Ford credit where it is due. They built a very good machine in the Bronco. It loses very little in its off-road prowess, at least for the 90% who won’t push a rig to its limits and it appears to drive quite well on the road.

Time will tell when it comes to durability, which means that it is way too early to declare it superior to a Wrangler. I am encouraged that Ford put this much effort into it … it means that we should expect a truly great “JM” Wrangler later this decade. Competition is good for consumers.

JTsGarage

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Kills me how hard it seems to be to compare top of the line models against one another. They always seem to use the entry level of one, with the top of the line of the other. If you wanna compare the Rubicon, compare it to the Wildtrack or whatever its called. But curiously, they all do that.

I too found it quite funny to see the lack of wheel travel on the Bronco.
In fairness, they were comparing the interiors for the most part. So an Outer Banks, similar to Jeep's Sahara trim, is the most luxe you're going to get. But yes, the opening shot was probably a little unfair to the Bronco.

I'm glad to see some journalists actually have time with the Bronco and make some realistic comparisons. I've been fortunate enough to be inside several "big" Broncos and I share their observations. Jeep people are getting spoiled with great fit and finish and good materials on the JL and they don't even realize it. Go get in the Bronco, or most any Ford or Chevy, and you'll immediately see what I mean. Jeep isn't up there with the Germans, nor is it meant to be, but Stellantis is in a different league from their American counterparts - the decades-old Charger and Challenger interiors not withstanding.

Last edited:

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I've owned 6 Wranglers and never once have I wanted to take the doors off away from home. Whatever storage solution Ford has for the doors it must be a bit bulky to be able to protect doors while they're in the back. Can't imagine them doing too well in the back while off roading.
It just needs to protect them doors while the valet drives the Bronco around the parking lot...

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I think even Jeep owners should give Ford credit where it is due. They marketed a very good machine in the Bronco. It loses very little in its off-road prowess, at least for the 90% who won’t push a rig to its limits and it appears to drive quite well on the road.

Time will tell when it comes to durability, which means that it is way too early to declare it superior to a Wrangler. I am encouraged that Ford put this much effort marketing it … it means that we should expect a truly great “JM” Wrangler later this decade. Competition is good for consumers.
There, I fixed it for yah... :LOL:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

So does a Grand Cherokee or a RAV4 for that matter. Their point being...?

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
I don't trust frameless doors. I saw in the TFL video the windows are supposed to lower a bit automatically when you open them so they don't hit the seal with the roof on the way out. I would wager there will be a lot of problems caused by that whole process. Also, lots of people hang their doors by the window frame when not in use.