Sponsored

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Kills me how hard it seems to be to compare top of the line models against one another. They always seem to use the entry level of one, with the top of the line of the other. If you wanna compare the Rubicon, compare it to the Wildtrack or whatever its called. But curiously, they all do that.

I too found it quite funny to see the lack of wheel travel on the Bronco.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Kills me how hard it seems to be to compare top of the line models against one another. They always seem to use the entry level of one, with the top of the line of the other. If you wanna compare the Rubicon, compare it to the Wildtrack or whatever its called. But curiously, they all do that.

I too found it quite funny to see the lack of wheel travel on the Bronco.
If they got a Badlands they'd be obligated to show off (yet again) how you can disconnect the sway bar under load. Then they'd have to act like its the best thing ever, when Jeep owners are rolling their eyes because we disconnected at the trail head...

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
If they got a Badlands they'd be obligated to show off (yet again) how you can disconnect the sway bar under load. Then they'd have to act like its the best thing ever, when Jeep owners are rolling their eyes because we disconnected at the trail head...
That's why they need to compare the best of both. Of course Jeep is going to have better stuff in certain areas and the Bronco in others. However, as a proud but non-fanboy Jeep owner, if you want me to be satisfied with a comparison, compare the best of ours, to the best of theirs. Or at least equal models. If we win, we win, and if we lose, we lose... No big deal

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That's why they need to compare the best of both. Of course Jeep is going to have better stuff in certain areas and the Bronco in others. However, as a proud but non-fanboy Jeep owner, if you want me to be satisfied with a comparison, compare the best of ours, to the best of theirs. Or at least equal models. If we win, we win, and if we lose, we lose... No big deal
you should check out the TFL video where they take a 1st Edition Bronco and a Rubicon 4Xe off road then. A Defender was there too but it got a DNF...

Edit: Articulation even with the front Sway Bar disconnected on the Bronco left a little to be desired, but overall I do like it. Still given the choice I'd take the Jeep.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
you should check out the TFL video where they take a 1st Edition Bronco and a Rubicon 4Xe off road then. A Defender was there too but it got a DNF...

Edit: Articulation even with the front Sway Bar disconnected on the Bronco left a little to be desired, but overall I do like it. Still given the choice I'd take the Jeep.
The need that Bronco and Xtreme Rubicon Jeep.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JDChris

JDChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Does anyone actually want to take their doors off while out and about?
Personally, I'd be afraid of theft or damage taking to the doors while they were in the trunk.
Yeah, I've owned 6 Wranglers and never once have I wanted to take the doors off away from home. Whatever storage solution Ford has for the doors it must be a bit bulky to be able to protect doors while they're in the back. Can't imagine them doing too well in the back while off roading.

Bren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon 4XE
No mention of the plug-in hybrid benefits here, which for me makes the Wrangler the obvious choice. Ford has no answer currently.

old mike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
little red 2021 JLR (Ruby J. L. Tudor)
Yeah, I've owned 6 Wranglers and never once have I wanted to take the doors off away from home. Whatever storage solution Ford has for the doors it must be a bit bulky to be able to protect doors while they're in the back. Can't imagine them doing too well in the back while off roading.
Despite Ford's marketing strategy, I'm still not sure all that many Broncos, regardless of the special edition or model, will actually see a lot of hard off road travel, probably more gravel road entry roads to Forest Service campgrounds. Not even that many Wranglers actually see that much aggressive off roading, although both Broncos and Wranglers make great station wagons.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Despite Ford's marketing strategy, I'm still not sure all that many Broncos, regardless of the special edition or model, will actually see a lot of hard off road travel, probably more gravel road entry roads to Forest Service campgrounds. Not even that many Wranglers actually see that much aggressive off roading, although both Broncos and Wranglers make great station wagons.
My Jeep is a glorified Station Wagon most of the time. I bought it because I was looking to downsize from my Ram 1500, and wanted something with 4 wheel drive because of a few winter weather incidents I had in the old 4x2 truck. The Bronco in the video would pretty much fill that need no doubt and it would probably do all the same trails I've taken my Jeep on... It is a Mall Crawler Minivan Sahara after all...

I just think that the Bronco has been getting hyped up as a "Jeep Killer" by the media for so long its kind of disappointing to see how its pretty much just on par with the 4Runner. Capable, but noting revolutionary.
Sponsored