Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Dang dogs, anyways. I named my yellow lab "Anne" after "Where the Red Fern Grows" as a reminder that they always die too soon, and that we shouldn't get too attached. Right. She's only 3, but of course she's already the best dog I've ever had. I think dogs are how the god or the universe teaches us humility as I'm already dreading the day I'll be ugly crying over her. On the bright side, I tell her every night that we had a good day together, and every morning that we're going to have another good day together. I get a happy kiss each time.
I think the dogs names were "Old Dan", and "Little Ann". But, there are a lot of famous Anne 's. Just saying.
Anne Frank- well, things didn't work out so well for her.
Anne Hathaway- hot looking actress.
Anne Heche- hot blonde actress.
Anne Bancroft- older, formerly hot actress.
Anne Murray- Older Singer.
Sponsored

Dano36

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon, 2016 Torch Red Corvette, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Whatever it takes.
Christian, I am very sorry for your loss. Your story really reminds us that a dogs love is truly unconditional. My wife’s little dog is 15 and I dread that day.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Hey, thanks for sharing this guys. Obviously not an easy story to write, but hopefully I did Brooklyn and our old Wrangler justice.
I’m so sorry for your loss of your beloved Brooklyn. Beautifully written tribute.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
@c_seabaugh that was a heartfelt article that you wrote in memory of your sidekick. i've always like reading your articles. when i got the latest mt mag, i flipped to the back pages to read the final review of the wrangle. i was caught off guard while reading the story. i have to say well done.

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Well. Never thought a Wrangler review would make me cry!

Sponsored

c_seabaugh

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
@c_seabaugh that was a heartfelt article that you wrote in memory of your sidekick. i've always like reading your articles. when i got the latest mt mag, i flipped to the back pages to read the final review of the wrangle. i was caught off guard while reading the story. i have to say well done.
Thank you (and everyone else!) again. Honestly means a lot to me and my family. Not a day goes by where we don't think of that pup.

c_seabaugh

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
my 9yo GSD is going in for lung x-rays tomorrow. Both club docs think we caught it early, and are very experienced surgically.

I've been a fucking wreck since finding this out on friday.
How'd it go? Hope you and your family got good news.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
How'd it go? Hope you and your family got good news.
Surgery Thursday....lungs clear, which is a very good thing. Regardless still worried sick.

Whats funny is, we have dog(s), horses, etc. We always have something going wrong with an animal. This one is just a little more of a family member.

N875ED

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
OK, I'll be the first to start the tears when talking about the death of a dog....they give so much more than they take. Heck, putting my dog down was more difficult than when my father died at age 94. So, years ago after the passing of one of our dogs, I found this prayer and made some changes to make it more personal. I hope all of you enjoy it like I did and provides some degree of solace at a most sorrowful time....

A Dog’s Prayer

Treat me gently, beloved Master, for no heart in this world is more grateful for your kindness than mine. Do not break my spirit with a stick, for I would lick your hand between blows. Your patience and understanding will more quickly teach the things you desire me to learn. Speak to me often, for your voice is the world’s sweetest music, as I show by the excited wagging of my tail when I hear your approaching footsteps.

When it is wet or cold, please keep me inside, for I am now your domesticated pet, no longer able to withstand the bitter elements. I ask no greater privilege than to sit at your feet near the fire’s hearth. But, dear Master, rest assured that if you had no home, I would follow you though ice and snow rather than rest my head on my pillow. This love I convey, from my eyes to yours, in a small way indicates the enduring devotion I have to you.

Please keep my bowl filled with fresh water, for although I would not complain if it were dry, I cannot tell you that I suffer thirst. Provide me with fresh food that I may stay healthy to run and play, and offer the companionship we both enjoy. I am always happiest by your side, but know that if needed, I would sacrifice my own life for yours.

And dear Master, once I’ve had the privilege to grow old with you, and the Great Master has chosen to call me home, thank you for not turning me away. The bond we have had will live forever. Hold my trusting body gently, recall the precious times we shared, and know it’s OK to let me go, peacefully. I shall endure our last farewell remembering that, with the final breath I drew, my fate was always safest in your loving arms.

Amen

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
We love our dogs too, when one reaches the end it's always very hard, they are such important parts of our lives.

Sponsored

JKtoJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
About 8 Wranglers later...2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I sold my first Wrangler (or Connor’s Jeep based on this pic) because a bad leg meaning I couldn’t drive stick back in 2018. Wanted to wait a few years foe the new generation to settle and I had been hoping to get my JLUR before Connor passed but alas, damn 2020 took him from me May 5th. First dog ever :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:.

A500B355-3E08-4C05-A66F-EDA9FD628D7E.jpeg
As one who thinks you must have at least one dog, preferably a few and rescues, if you're going to have a Jeep...oh geez, between the post and comments that are following, what a great thread to read while at the same time trying to be all tough without tearing up.

One of my former pound hounds, Twiggy, could be Connor's twin sister. What a great pic.

Connor also looks a lot like my "Logan's Run" who tracked many thousands of Jeepin miles over the 10 years he got to enjoy going between California and Oregon often after being pulled from the pound. Logan went on last year. As many of us know here, it's awful.

"Never going to get another dog, I just can't go through this again."

Enter a mistreated, malnourished wayward pup with slightly deformed legs unexpectedly entering the picture with an urgent need for a foster home earlier this year.

"OK, he can stay in this forever home but 4 dogs is the max and no more after this!"

My JTR is on order. When it arrives, pics of the rescue pack in and around it will follow. I'll see if I can find one of my favorite pics of some of them in the JK during a blizzard.

@c_seabaugh yes, you most certainly did Brooklyn, and the Jeep, justice. Thanks for sharing.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
I added Mopar gap hider, to keep thier paws, from breaking because of the seat gap to the floor

hazards280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JLUR 392 - Sarge Green
I was not emotionally prepared to read this thread.

There should be some kind of warning in the title: NSE (Not Safe...Ever)

We lost our 11 Y/O GSD to cancer a couple years ago, and I have to say, the loss of my best friend that day was absolutely one of the hardest days I've ever gone through. My fiancé said the depth of cry I made the moment she passed away was something she had never heard. Dogs truly, truly are mans best friend.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
my 9yo GSD is going in for lung x-rays tomorrow. Both club docs think we caught it early, and are very experienced surgically.

I've been a fucking wreck since finding this out on friday.
I highly recommend Texas A & M Veterinary School in College Station, TX when you're told by a vet that "there's nothing they can do." They are usually willing to tackle those kind of cases. Never hurts to at least get a consult from them to see if there is something that can be done. I've had two dogs that I've taken there and received wonderful care at that place both time. They were able to improve the quality of life for my dogs and were also able to extend their life almost two years beyond what my local vet said they would live. Unfortunately, when it's time for them to go, perhaps the kindest thing you can do for your pet as their master is to not allow them to suffer.
Sponsored