OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Yes they started selling direct from there site and Amazon about a month ago. I waited about 8 months for the original that I ordered for the Wrangler

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B71XC7VG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
@gerrya

I figured you were referring to that offering. I have had my hands on one and it to has it's quirks.
Perhaps in time they will have a firmware update that will remedy the quirks.

I follow reviews of such devices closely and will move to the pick of the litter if one offering is ever better then the other's.

Right now, I'll stick with the MA1. For me, never any issues with that.... but yes, I do use an app to close apps as needed.. I'm quite pleased with the MA1.

Let me know how you make out with the AA Wireless Adapter for Android Auto™ ... as they come up with new firmware, etc.. it may very well, be the pick of the litter.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Just got Android 13 on my Pixel 6, curious to see if that strengthens the connection in my one "hot spot".

Currently on v7.8 - odd that they didn't include the v.8.0 update in A13.

gerrya

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
Works great in my Wrangler. I have had it for several months and the only issue I had was I made the mistake of doing a firmware update on a perfectly working device which of course broke it. The developer rolled it back to the older firmware and it is working great again, the update basically broke it on vehicles with Uconnect. As soon as I open the door my phone disconnects.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Works great in my Wrangler. I have had it for several months and the only issue I had was I made the mistake of doing a firmware update on a perfectly working device which of course broke it. The developer rolled it back to the older firmware and it is working great again, the update basically broke it on vehicles with Uconnect. As soon as I open the door my phone disconnects.
@gerrya

I'll get another AA Wireless Adapter for Android Auto™ and fool with it again ....will test it/try it out more. IF it is a keeper, I will keep and if not back to Amazon within 30 days it goes.

Sponsored

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
@gerrya

Good luck finding that --> "getting another AA Wireless for her"

Tell me the name of that device.... What you find will have issues also....

As for me, I have an icon on my smartphone that I click on if need be ..... that closes Android Auto, Maps and Waze so I do not have the quirk your Wife is seeing..
I have the ma1 and am a big fan, but the wifi broadcastingwith the jeep off is an issue. Shutting down Android Auto, maps, waze, etc... on the phone does not stop the ma1 from broadcasting as a wifi endpoint. When the phone sees that endpoint it's programmed to try and connect to that endpoint. The connection will never complete because the radio is off and not responding to the ma1. So the connect/disconnect will continue to happen until the usb port powers down.

That is the ONLY issue I have and have ever had with the ma1. I've been running it for a few months now and it has worked flawless the whole time other than that annoyance. At work it's not an issue because I park far enough away form my office. What I've been doing for home is when I pull into the garage at nighty I open the center console and disconnect the ma1. Then in the morning before I leave I plug it back in. Never had an issue with the phone reconnecting to the radio. Doesn't matter if I do it before or after I start the jeep.

That being said, I'm not going to lie, I've considered swapping the ma1 out for one of these devices that uses bluetooth availability to turn the wifi on and off when the usb is powered up but the vehicle is off. I have a tray organizer in my center console and it's just a bit of a hassle to have to always open the console, remove the tray and unplug/plugin the ma1. The device working so flawlessly when the jeep is running is the only thing holding me back. I've heard of sporadic issues using every other device. So which issue do I want to live with, the issues when I'm not in the jeep or the issues when I am?

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the ma1 and am a big fan, but the wifi broadcastingwith the jeep off is an issue. Shutting down Android Auto, maps, waze, etc... on the phone does not stop the ma1 from broadcasting as a wifi endpoint. When the phone sees that endpoint it's programmed to try and connect to that endpoint. The connection will never complete because the radio is off and not responding to the ma1. So the connect/disconnect will continue to happen until the usb port powers down.

That is the ONLY issue I have and have ever had with the ma1. I've been running it for a few months now and it has worked flawless the whole time other than that annoyance. At work it's not an issue because I park far enough away form my office. What I've been doing for home is when I pull into the garage at nighty I open the center console and disconnect the ma1. Then in the morning before I leave I plug it back in. Never had an issue with the phone reconnecting to the radio. Doesn't matter if I do it before or after I start the jeep.

That being said, I'm not going to lie, I've considered swapping the ma1 out for one of these devices that uses bluetooth availability to turn the wifi on and off when the usb is powered up but the vehicle is off. I have a tray organizer in my center console and it's just a bit of a hassle to have to always open the console, remove the tray and unplug/plugin the ma1. The device working so flawlessly when the jeep is running is the only thing holding me back. I've heard of sporadic issues using every other device. So which issue do I want to live with, the issues when I'm not in the jeep or the issues when I am?
@oldcjguy

I hear ya.... and concur in regard to the WiFi thing you mention. I do though find the closer app useful though.

When I did try AA Wireless Adapter for Android Auto™ a ways back it was apparent that the MA1 was steps a head of the AA Wireless Adapter for Android Auto™.

Both had their issues though. I stuck with the MA1 as I did not want headaches/hiccups while actively using wireless Android Auto. MA1 works terrific while in use, but yes, the WiFi thing is there..

As mentioned I will once again try the AA Wireless Adapter for Android Auto™. Maybe it has progressed and will be a keeper for me..

I'll post again after I get another AA Wireless Adapter for Android Auto™ in a few weeks. SURE, I am in hopes that the AA Wireless Adapter for Android Auto™ will shine so much I will want to keep it.

Would be terrific if there was a way to have USB ports turn off with ignition off on JL.

gerrya

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
@oldcjguy

I hear ya.... and concur in regard to the WiFi thing you mention. I do though find the closer app useful though.

When I did try AA Wireless Adapter for Android Auto™ a ways back it was apparent that the MA1 was steps a head of the AA Wireless Adapter for Android Auto™.

Both had their issues though. I stuck with the MA1 as I did not want headaches/hiccups while actively using wireless Android Auto. MA1 works terrific while in use, but yes, the WiFi thing is there..

As mentioned I will once again try the AA Wireless Adapter for Android Auto™. Maybe it has progressed and will be a keeper for me..

I'll post again after I get another AA Wireless Adapter for Android Auto™ in a few weeks. SURE, I am in hopes that the AA Wireless Adapter for Android Auto™ will shine so much I will want to keep it.

Would be terrific if there was a way to have USB ports turn off with ignition off on JL.
If the firmware is any later than 1.8 ask the developer to go back to 1.8 or prior, if not its basically useless on a Uconnect system.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the firmware is any later than 1.8 ask the developer to go back to 1.8 or prior, if not its basically useless on a Uconnect system.
@gerrya

What firmware version # are you using.... having good luck with?

gerrya

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@gerrya

This AM, I reached out to the developer of AA Wireless Adapter for Android Auto™... Here is what I asked and his timely reply to me...
Jeep Wrangler JL 🤳AAWireless & Motorola MA1 (Wireless Android Auto Adapter Talk) 🤳 688

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
How is this thing always a #1 seller at Amazon, but never in-stock other than by 3rd-party scalpers?

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How is this thing always a #1 seller at Amazon, but never in-stock other than by 3rd-party scalpers?
@AFD

They sell out as soon as fast as they are available..

Last edited:
Reactions: AFD

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
@AFD

They sell out as soon as fast as they are available.. Are you interested in one? I have my MA1 and also 2 more MA1's I picked up. I'll sell you one of them for cheap if you want one. PM me if interested.
Thanks, I'll keep you in mind if one doesn't pop up from Amazon. If nothing else, they appear to be available direct from Motorola for the normal price.

JAF1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
@gerrya

This AM, I reached out to the developer of AA Wireless Adapter for Android Auto™... Here is what I asked and his timely reply to me...
Jeep Wrangler JL 🤳AAWireless & Motorola MA1 (Wireless Android Auto Adapter Talk) 🤳 688
I wouldn't worry about the firmware, I've been on 1.12.0 for over a month with no issues. This thing has worked flawless for me since I got it back in May and I drive it daily. I went this way because the unit drops the connection to your phone after you shut it off. If I'm going on a long trip and want to use wired AA (to charge the phone), I just turn off the Wi-Fi on my phone first before starting the Jeep. If you don't it gets confused. At anytime you have connections issues, just delete all the devices in projection manager and any phone that is paired, then start over. I have a Note 10 for reference. Good Luck!
Sponsored