Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Sorry if I'm glad to hear you finally had issues, @Rhinebeck01, haha!

After a few days with the new unit, my one intersection is still a problem, but it's a little less so. If I'm moving normally through, it just hiccups a bit. If I get stuck in the line at the stop sign, it'll do as above - disconnect for a bit and then reconnect on its own.

Had 1 random disconnect on the freeway yesterday, and 1 instance where the Jeep just straight up forgot the whole Bluetooth connection to my phone.

Otherwise, the newer unit seems to be better, if only just so.
Sponsored

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
... and 1 instance where the Jeep just straight up forgot the whole Bluetooth connection to my phone.
I've had that happen a couple of times as well, which means I get no Wireless Android Auto until I fix that. But that happened once or twice before I got the MA1, so I don't think that's an MA1 issue, but rather an Infotainment Center issue that causes the MA1 to not work.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Yeah, I still get the same disconnect at the same two spots on my commute to work. Same spots, every time, both directions. As I'm approaching one of the spots, I just switch over to Sirius. When it reconnects, it switches back on its own. I'm used to it now, and while definitely not ideal, I still am quite happy with the unit. It's not been a deal breaker.

I have not, however, been able to figure out what is in those spots causing the issue.
You might try contacting the FCC or even the FBI.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@MrGneissGuy
@rcadden

Well, everyday now, .... 4+ days ...I have experienced an MA1/Android Auto disconnect when traveling through that one specific intersection in Vero Beach, FL.

Well, I am pretty sure I know what is causing the disconnect... there is a huge cellphone tower less then 1/4 mi. away /diagonal to that intersection. My guess that is the culprit. Unless something at the local airport about a mile away is the culprit.

No other cellphone towers cause this issue though..

Anyway, no big deal that single disconnect.... it occurs and then within say 30 seconds and a a few hundred yards of driving the MA1 reconnects on it's own. Does this disconnect when I go through that intersection in either direction.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I continue to have no issues with this device, and I am very happy I bought it.

Sponsored

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392XR Tuscadero, PT Cruiser Dream Cruisers 2&4
Occupation
Data Engineer, Retired Air Force
Well, everyday now, .... 4+ days ...I have experienced an MA1/Android Auto disconnect when traveling through that one specific intersection in Vero Beach, FL.

Well, I am pretty sure I know what is causing the disconnect... there is a huge cellphone tower less then 1/4 mi. away /diagonal to that intersection. My guess that is the culprit. Unless something at the local airport about a mile away is the culprit.

No other cellphone towers cause this issue though..
Is there a microwave antenna (white drum-looking things on cell towers) pointed at that intersection?

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there a microwave antenna (white drum-looking things on cell towers) pointed at that intersection?
@Initial-Jeep

Yes, and more then one... and and I did recognize them as microwave antenna's. AND, all pointed directly toward the intersection I see the MA1 disconnect in.

I figured that might be what was causing my disconnects as other cell towers without microwave antenna(s) do not cause my MA1 to disconnect.

For those reading ... this quick disconnect of my MA1 and then it's without my doing anything reconnect of my MA1, is no big deal. The MA1 is terrific. The only reason I am posting this info is so other's have the info lets say.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

More odd results this weekend. Drove out to Possum Kingdom State Park. The last ~25-30 miles to get there is B.F.E. 2-lane hwy. Disconnected in two spots, both when coming in and heading out.

I am 150% positive there is nothing out there that could cause interference, other than cell towers. HOWEVER, I drove through other parts where my coverage went in and out with no issues.

So...
  • It's definitely not cause by BT, WiFi, or "Stinger" interference
  • Cell tower interference is the most likely culprit, but a specific (unknown) type, since we all change towers constantly while driving.
  • I've also confirmed that it's not the Jeep OR my Pixel, because my wife had the exact same experience in her Lexus with a GS21.

Which begs the question - WHY is the MA1 affected by cell towers? AFAIK, it should only be equipped with BT and WiFi for a short range connection to my phone.

Does anyone who has discovered "their intersection" have an AAWireless that they could test in the same intersection?

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
After a few months of problem-free use, experienced a whole bunch of disconnects every few minutes last night while driving in Manhattan. If this was my fist experience with the unit after purchase, I likely would've thrown it out the window in frustration. Never had issues with it in that part of town before. I wonder if it's possible for the firmware to get updated to limit the sensitivity of the radio so that it doesn't pick up any signal beyond 5ft or so.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
In both spots on my commute, there is a cell tower in the area. My disconnects are not at intersections, though; but along state highways.

Sponsored

thx138

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU '17 GTI
Occupation
IT
I got mine on February 20th and as of yesterday it will not stay connected to the phones Bluetooth. It will connect and disconnect over and over, hopefully there is a fix for this.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got mine on February 20th and as of yesterday it will not stay connected to the phones Bluetooth. It will connect and disconnect over and over, hopefully there is a fix for this.
@thx138

What smartphone do you have?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@thx1138

If you have read through this whole thread and tried all that has been mentioned that might alleviate the issue... then...

Undoubtedly your Pixel 4a is the culprit.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Interestingly enough, during my daily intersection disconnect yesterday, I noticed that my top "projection" option was once again Nexus.

I'd recently disconnected EVERYTHING from my Jeep and have only connected my Pixel 6 to it, which confirms to me that the Pixel is identifying as a Nexus in the code somewhere. Nexus is what Google previously called its own lineup of flagships (though they were all produced by other OEMs).
Sponsored