🤳AAWireless & Motorola MA1 (Wireless Android Auto Adapter Talk) 🤳

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Interestingly enough, during my daily intersection disconnect yesterday, I noticed that my top "projection" option was once again Nexus.

I'd recently disconnected EVERYTHING from my Jeep and have only connected my Pixel 6 to it, which confirms to me that the Pixel is identifying as a Nexus in the code somewhere. Nexus is what Google previously called its own lineup of flagships (though they were all produced by other OEMs).
No, I have a Samsung and when I hit those spots, the projection option switches to Nexus as well (unless Samsung also uses Nexus stuff). My Samsung is the only thing connected. I've actually left it on that screen and watched. It shows my phone normally, then when I travel through those zones and lose connection, my phone shows but is greyed out, then my phone disappears and Nexus shows up greyed out, then Nexus is there normal. As I move away from the spot, that pattern reverses. Every single time.
Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

No, I have a Samsung and when I hit those spots, the projection option switches to Nexus as well (unless Samsung also uses Nexus stuff). My Samsung is the only thing connected. I've actually left it on that screen and watched. It shows my phone normally, then when I travel through those zones and lose connection, my phone shows but is greyed out, then my phone disappears and Nexus shows up greyed out, then Nexus is there normal. As I move away from the spot, that pattern reverses. Every single time.
Oh, weird!

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Well, I'm still totally enjoying/appreciating my MA1 after having it installed for 2 months now and 8,000+ miles of driving with it.... Geeez a terrific addition to the JL/JT.

It's so nice to get into the JL, start it up and in 20 seconds, automatically.... up pops Goggle Maps on my 8.4's radio screen. No more having to plug and unplug the friggin phone...

While I purchased mine for $90, the going price for these presently, is $128 on Amazon.

I can honestly tell you, if I were to purchase the MA1 today, for say another JL/JT, I would not flinch at paying the $128 for it.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Well, I'm still totally enjoying/appreciating my MA1 after having it installed for 2 months now and 8,000+ miles of driving with it.... Geeez a terrific addition to the JL/JT.

It's so nice to get into the JL, start it up and in 20 seconds, automatically.... up pops Goggle Maps on my 8.4's radio screen. No more having to plug and unplug the friggin phone...

While I purchased mine for $90, the going price for these presently, is $128 on Amazon.

I can honestly tell you, if I were to purchase the MA1 today, for say another JL/JT, I would not flinch at paying the $128 for it.
Eventually wireless Android Auto will be built into the factory head unit. Eventually.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician

I have to agree. I leave mine in the back on the usb 3 with velcro, out of sight and works every time. If I unplug and stow it at the movie theater, etc, it comes right back when I plug it in. Around town the phone battery usage is negligible. I like it more than I thought I would, I'll be interested to see how durable it is in the long run.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have to agree. I leave mine in the back on the usb 3 with velcro, out of sight and works every time. If I unplug and stow it at the movie theater, etc, it comes right back when I plug it in. Around town the phone battery usage is negligible. I like it more than I thought I would, I'll be interested to see how durable it is in the long run.
@zrickety

Try Aux 2 in the center console. I plugged my MA1 in there at the get go, 2 months ago and have never removed it.

Reminder... Do on occasionally update your Android Auto app. and also, do routinely clear Android Auto's cache.

Current version of Android Auto is 7.7622124-release.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
@zrickety

Try Aux 2 in the center console. I plugged my MA1 in there at the get go, 2 months ago and have never removed it.

Reminder... Do on occasionally update your Android Auto app. and also, do routinely clear Android Auto's cache.

Current version of Android Auto is 7.7622124-release.
I use aux 2 for music flash drive or the phone cable. I believe Android auto tells you to update or it will eventually stop working. I've never tested that. Thanks the cache tip, I will try that.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Not entirely related, but has anyone found a way to have Android Auto default to opening to the music player instead of maps? I rarely need to navigate in my Jeep but I *always* have music playing. Would be nice to skip the 2 taps to get to the music player.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not entirely related, but has anyone found a way to have Android Auto default to opening to the music player instead of maps? I rarely need to navigate in my Jeep but I *always* have music playing. Would be nice to skip the 2 taps to get to the music player.
@rcadden

Maybe changing Android Auto Launcher order, will do the deed for you ???. Post back how here how you make out.

I periodically change my launcher so Waze comes up at start-up versus Maps.

Go to:
---> Android Smartphone Settings>Advanced Features>Android Auto and then when you get there go to GENERAL in the list and select CUSTOMIZE LAUNCHER.

Now, changer launcher so Android Auto launches whatever you want first, whatever you want in 2nd, ect..

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Hydro Blue JULRD
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Bleah, I ordered this at the higher price a few days ago, waiting on delivery, but should i return it and order it (wait longer) at the cheaper price LOL

Sponsored

BoBina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sahara MT / 1st love 94 YJ MT
Thank you and after ordering I received an email from Amazon with an updated delivery date of June 19th instead of June 30th.

XyloSesame

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tuscadero Sport S
I've got a soft top and no garage, and I keep the doors unlocked so the occasional neighborhood handle-pullers won't cut the top. Last week mine was tossed and the only thing to take was my MA1 plugged and stowed inside the center console below the OCD organizer shelf. Before I replace the unit, are there any suggestions to better hide it from invaders?

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've got a soft top and no garage, and I keep the doors unlocked so the occasional neighborhood handle-pullers won't cut the top. Last week mine was tossed and the only thing to take was my MA1 plugged and stowed inside the center console below the OCD organizer shelf. Before I replace the unit, are there any suggestions to better hide it from invaders?
@XyloSesame

Like you did .... I keep my MA1 in the center console under my OCD storage tray (OCD is a longtime, forum sponsor... terrific product-first to market with their JL offering) as you do.

Geeeez, I Velcro-ed my MA1 to the side of the inside of the console. It is really not that easy to see.. but yes, if you look close you see it, ... plugged into the USB port..

Seeing the MA1 has to plug into the USB port.... pehaps the asswipe thieves would not think to look at the back side of the center console.. the USB ports there.

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Mine is also in the center console but locked inside a Tuffy center console lockbox.

Attachments

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those interested.... Android Auto has now progressed to 7.9 .

DO, update your Android Auto app.

Current Android Auto update available is: Version: 7.9.122644-release.daily
Sponsored